• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alvaro Morata Moves To Atletico Madrid

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Biggest flop in the league? xD He's been shite but surely people remember that Shevchenko, Di Maria and Falcao also had spells in the Premier League coming in with a near world class reputation.

70 million produced this. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

At least he scored a few goals over his 18 months. Shevchenko came over for £30m (which is equivalent to £70m at least three days) and scored about 4 goals all season if I remember correctly.

Watch the video mate. 

Also, Shevchenko came when he was 30. Morata should arguably be in his prime. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Watch the video mate. 

Also, Shevchenko came when he was 30. Morata should arguably be in his prime. 

I think there have been bigger flops than Morata. I'm not watching the video, it might make me cry. He's been shite but at least he had a couple of purple patches for goalscoring. I think there's been worse but I don't care enough to argue so as you were.

Some of his misses have been so bad that I might be inclined to check out family and friends for suspicious betting patterns... 

At the end of the day he has had a decent run of game time to put things right and show he at least has the ability to be hitting the back of the net on a reasonably regular basis but even the dead simple ones he is bungling badly.. 

86NnZL.gif

Not even on target with only the keeper to beat... 

• 4 weeks later...

We've rejected a bid from Sevilla. 5 million loan fee and 39 million option to buy. Sevilla are looking to make an improved bid, with Atletico and Bayern also interested. 

Reckon we will only accept if we have Higuain lined up. 

On 11/12/2018 at 04:46, SirBalon said:

People will just quote you stats, stats that are infact static stats.

Özil is an extremely talented footballer but has wasted his career. He won't be remembered by anyone and I challenge anyone to tell me that 20 years from now he will be one of those players where club fans where he played will bring him up as a club legend (forget even saying football legend in general). Germany have had dozens and dozens of better players throughout history, Real Madrid obviously have had too and at Arsenal he won’t be remembered hardly at all. 

But his contract by comparison tells us that he should be a protagonist on the world stage. 

And statistically Ozil has had some great seasons for you guy.

Bash him all you want after the payrise, but in the seasons where he was leading assister, you literally can't ask for more. Not his fault you had no defence and a french donkey for a striker.

• Subscriber

Chelsea: Alvaro Morata 'agrees to join Atletico Madrid'

Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has reached a personal agreement to join Atletico Madrid, says Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

Balague said the deal is subject to Chelsea signing a replacement and Atletico selling a striker.

Chelsea is reportedly close to signing Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain, who is on loan at AC Milan.

Morata, 26, joined Chelsea for a then club record £60m in July 2017 but has struggled this season.

The Spain international, who signed a five-year deal when moving to Stamford Bridge, was left out of the squad for five of their past seven Premier League games and has scored nine goals in 24 games in all competitions this season.

Balague said Morata reached an agreement with Sevilla but changed his mind after being contacted by Atletico, another La Liga side.

Nikola Kalinic or Gelson Martins are the players most likely to be sold by Spanish side Atletico.

"It seems to be a matter of finding a buyer for Kalinic," Balague said.

Speaking on the BBC 5 live Football Daily Podcast, he added: "Everything else seems to be in place for Morata to abandon what feels like a nightmare."

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea/Forwards/Alvaro+Morata

I've never rated Morata. Not even at his early R. Madrid days or at Juve. Never has he seemed a player with a world class potential and with time I can see I was spot on.

I've always preferred Jese, he's the better player to me although his career doesn't seem to be kicking off either. I want to blame the big injury he had, but you never know really.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I've never rated Morata. Not even at his early R. Madrid days or at Juve. Never has he seemed a player with a world class potential and with time I can see I was spot on.

I've always preferred Jese, he's the better player to me although his career doesn't seem to be kicking off either. I want to blame the big injury he had, but you never know really.

I always thought more of Paco Alcacer(he just didn't get enough chances at Barcelona which stagnated him) and I always rated him higher than Morata.

4 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Players like Solanke, Gabriel Jesus, Iheanacho, etc., etc., etc. enjoy an inflated reputation by virtue of once playing for a top club and very little else. Morata's just a blue-chip version of that.

Gabriel Jesus is good, his goalscoring record speaks for itself. He's limited but he can score.

Agreed on the other 2 though.

• The title was changed to Alvaro Morata Moves To Atletico Madrid

Archived