talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga Fan Atlas

football forum

• Subscriber

Came across this today and thought it's quite interesting. Basically just a big study by Spiegel about fan characteristics as well as fan friendships and rivalries between various clubs in Germany.

Some interesting stats and data there; a few pics for general impression and all the rest can be found here: https://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/fussball-wer-sind-die-freunde-und-rivalen-ihres-lieblingsvereins-a-1219354.html

01_large.png

04_large.png

06_large.png

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Shame I can only get the gist of it.

Maybe try to translate the website automatically, should do the trick maybe. The images go along with the text so it could make it easier...

54 minutes ago, Spike said:

Shame I can only get the gist of it.

First pic is friendships on the left, rivalries on the right. Second part is popularity per region and 3rd one is popularity over the decades. 

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

First pic is friendships on the left, rivalries on the right. Second part is popularity per region and 3rd one is popularity over the decades. 

why are Nurnberg and Schalke such good 'friends', so far out ahead of the rest?

This seems as frustrating a topic as the idiotic debate in the UK about the departure (or not) from the EU - I refuse to use the stupid Bx word - but to parcel large numbers of people under one heading has always been disastrous - our politicans who lied and corrupted the debate before the vote in 2016 were no better than Adolph who did the same in Germany in the thirties - lies, more lies and corrupt promises that could never be kept and to their regret, large numbers were persuaded that this was reality!  I have supported 04 since 1949 when I first visited the Ruhr as a kid.  Many of the local boys there were BVB fans and they are still my friends (those who are still alive)  When I joined TFF I made contact with a young guy in Dusseldorf and as a staunch BVB fan we have discussions - eventually meetings and that respect I have for him - irregardless of the colour of his shirt - is unwavering - now the shirt has changed colour and we will fight against each other until the next Pokal round, but the real bond - which is the love of footy and the BL will never change. Rivalry between fans has always been there and like politics it is sometimes used by the 'ultras' to exaggerate the feelings.  Man U and Man City - and somewhere between them Liverpool can be difficult - even more so between Rangers and Celtic fans, but if we try and accept that their opinions are sincerely held and RESPECT that, then  there is hope for all.  I have no real idea why 04 and Nurnberg are supposedly close - the relationship at boardroom level has probably nurtured that, but at fan level we love to beat them just as much as we hate results like last week!  This forum has prevailed due to our love of the BL and our ability to criticise, joke and poke fun at each other for years and if we ever descend to pettiness as seen sometimes in the other sections, then we will have betrayed ourselves - and each other.  The BT contract which shows most BL games each week has been brilliant in getting many of my friends and students here in the UK to understand my 04 support and the usual Monday morning greeting in school - 'drawn again, Sir' has been the most common opening. But it is friendly and respectful - just like this part of the 365 forums and long may it so remain.  Like I always say at the end of my meetings with old and young friends - never say goodbye that is too definite - simply say

'Be Nice'

Archived