The better place to talk football.

Sunderland Till I Die - Netflix

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Watching this at the moment. Gives me the urge to start a new Sunderland save on Football Manager :ph34r: Don't worry people of Sunderland. I'll restore the glory! 

Same over here xD.

• Subscriber
On 20/01/2019 at 10:01, Tommy said:

Watching this at the moment. Gives me the urge to start a new Sunderland save on Football Manager :ph34r: Don't worry people of Sunderland. I'll restore the glory! 

I did this too! xD

Just finished watching this. Was a decent watch. The editing was dramatic, the portrayal of locals was shoddy, and it could have been a bit more detailed. Not a lot coming from the captain either. 

Jack Rodwell comes out of it looking like a proper jerk. The owner too. The CEO seems clueless, even though to be fair to him it seemed that his hands were tied. Simon Grayson looked even more clueless. 

The staff at the club, especially the chef were lovely. Also, I could listen to that player liaison officer, Leanne Bennett, talk forever. Such an interesting accent on that woman. (Can anyone tell me what accent it was?)

And of course Chris Coleman comes across as a decent bloke. I had never really liked him, especially during his time at Fulham. But here you could see that there was a massive difference between him and Grayson. He seemed like a class above Grayson and a proper leader. 

My favourite moment was the kids throwing snowballs at the first team. 

football forum
On 25/01/2019 at 12:39, Tommy said:

Anyone else just wanted to give Jonny Williams a hug? Poor bloke was so down. And he seems to be such a nice guy as well :( I hope he got that dog. 

GAYYY

• 8 months later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, HawayTheLads said:

Dressing room access apparently. Access to some of the team talks and stuff.

Where the hell did you read that?

"Simon Grayson and Chris Coleman were both against allowing dressing room access – and Jack Ross has followed suit."

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/latest-sunderland-afc-news/sunderland-til-i-die-everything-we-know-so-far-about-season-two-popular-netflix-series-634112

These programmes always have a “villain” that ends up suffering, rightly or wrongly, from the way it’s shown. 

John Sitton never worked in Football again after “Orient: Yours For a Fiver” in 1995 but he was a bloke who offered someone out and sacked someone at half time and Steve Bleasedale never managed in professional football after that Ron Atkinson Peterborough United documentary thing. 

I can see why as a manager, you wouldn’t want to have team talks etc filmed. 

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Pyfish said:

It was expected to come back next month but not heard anything yet and there doesn't seem to be much online. I hope it happens!

Last I've heard is that it'll be released "within the next two months". 

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-til-i-die-when-season-two-netflix-series-will-be-released-1375634

• 1 month later...
On 24/03/2020 at 14:45, Pyfish said:

Season Two is officially coming to Netflix on 1st April. The trailer is there now

https://www.netflix.com/search?q=sunderland&jbv=80207046&jbp=0&jbr=0

Nice. I watched Season 1 without knowing anything about Sunderland's situation. So every episode I didn't know what to expect, and what a roller coaster that was. Can't wait for Season 2. I'm managing them on FM atm, so I'll see some familiar faces. :D 

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice. I watched Season 1 without knowing anything about Sunderland's situation. So every episode I didn't know what to expect, and what a roller coaster that was. Can't wait for Season 2. I'm managing them on FM atm, so I'll see some familiar faces. :D 

It'll be interesting as it's based on last season and obviously everyone expected (much like the first one in the Championship) them to get promoted from League One at the first time of asking.

Archived