talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rate Your Teams Summer Signings

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas Torreira for Arsenal has been a godsend... We needed that type of player and he's only going to get better as time goes by.  I would even go as far as to say that he's going to end up being an Arsenal idol and our little jack in the box.  What a great player he is!

Jorginho - Hasn't impressed me with the sideway and backward passing, however Sarri rates him highly and the cunt can't be dropped. So far 5/10 and i am being generous.

Arrizabalaga - Good start to a new league and a new team, i'd give Kepa 8/10

Green - :S

Kovačić (loan) - Expected more to be honest, however not bad at all i'd give him 6.5/10.

Sarri - 8/10

New to the league. No one had expected us to do this well given the massive transition this club is going through. From pragmatic/conservative football to attacking/pure football. Whole new identity now and to have his first victory against Guardioloa whilst still playing his football, makes the future very bright. 

Jorginho - 7.5/10

Fundamental and most crucial element to our football. Those that slate him don't really understand him properly. Those people are probably the same people that though nothing of Busquets before as well. Does the simple things but his critics can't comprehend those 'simple' things, are the most difficult to perform. Football is a simple game, but its difficult to play simple. Leads our transition and makes the team tick under this new style. Has slowed down given he hasn't  adjusted to the pace of the league, however it is his first season, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Irrational to think switching him and Kante would make the team perform better. We have created the most chances in the league, 2nd to City. That is down to our possession play. We have the ball more, thus having more opportunities to create chances. It's so simple to understand. Making Kante DM would sacrifice that given Kante doesn't have the tools to lead a transition under pressure. Ironically enough, we saw Kante at his very best against City in his NATURAL BOX TO BOX ROLE. Kante at DM, we wouldn't have seen him score against City nor would we have seen such energy in the final third in the second half. 

Kepa - 7/10

Brilliant to have a keeper that can play with the ball at his feet. He's conceded pretty poor goals, yet at the same time he's saved some brilliant ones. Will give him the season to rank him properly. 

Kovacic - 7/10

Technically brilliant, however his end product is pathetic. Both he and Kante are required to do a lot in their roles, and both are still learning to adapt to this style. His defensive performances when Alonso feels like he is a winger has helped our left side, and his ability to dribble out of pressure is fantastic. 

• Administrator

Rachid Ghezzal - absolute shite. Not even going to start with him being a 'like-for-like' replacement for Mahrez because it would have taken someone seriously special to jump right in to those shoes. He's just been so underwhelming. I can appreciate it's totally new surroundings for him in a new country but there's nothing that excites me about him. And with him being a winger, you kind of expect some level of flamboyance or extravagance. Nothing of the sort from him - looks lazy, body language is slumped shoulders, head down. Only things of note he's done is score a good long-ranger from Fleetwood and a tap-in against Liverpool. Nothing else at all of note. I can guarantee our recruitment team thought of 'left-footed Algerian winger' and thought he'd be a carbon copy of Riyad without actually doing any kind of scouting. 3/10

Jonny Evans - after a bit of an injury-plagued pre-season and therefore a slow start, we're finally seeing what kind of organisation and solidity Evans can bring. His experience from Utd and playing in Champions League is starting to come through and this is also having a domino effect on Morgan; much like Huth did when he played a couple of seasons ago. I like that he has become a bit more reliable after an unwavering and steady performance or two on his first few starts. 7/10

Ricardo Pereira - After starting a right-back for a while, Puel shifted him up to right-winger/right-midfield and we started to see his attacking intent and talent. He's ridiculously quick and links up well with strikers. Sometimes goes on marauding runs and can lose possession but it's good to get an extra body up the field when chasing a game or just generally when on the attack. He's not done too badly in defence anyway, but he's got one hell of an engine on him as he can go up and down that right flank all game. Or the left flank if he fancies scoring by getting his only goal so far against Everton a couple of months ago. I think there's plenty more to come from him when he's fully settled or when we have a settled squad in general. 7/10

Caglar Soyuncu - Puel is quoted as saying he hasn't started as he had a few language problems and that was only around 4-6 weeks ago. Sometimes it takes longer than usual for someone to learn a new language, let alone settle in to a new football club but when he has played, he's been fairly good. One mistake against Fulham last week is the biggest negative I have of him so far, after committing himself, diving in and giving them a chance to score, which they did. Other than that, he seems quite reliable. 6/10

James Maddison - Just the creative talent we needed in that area of the park. Got a good eye for goal and has done very well considering it's his first season in this league, and at such a young age. He's hit the ground running really and chipped in with 5 goals and a couple of assists. The goals against Watford and Huddersfield were especially good to watch. When Vardy plays, I think Maddison is encouraged that he has someone with him who can quickly read a game and get on the same wavelength as him. With other strikers, there's more work for him to do so can be a lot to take on his young shoulders. However, I have no doubt that he will continue to grow as a player and having a manager like Puel who is great at introducing and developing young talent will be a good omen for him. The disadvantage of being a player like Maddison though is that you can get targeted by opposition quite easily and/or crowded out by defensive midfielders, nullifying his creativity and in most cases so far, the team's creativity as well. 8/10

Danny Ward - His only contributions so far have been in the League Cup but they have been extremely significant! He seems fairly comfortable with being back-up to Kasper and whenever he's been called upon, he's delivered. He's been the saviour in two penalty shootouts which have helped take us through to the quarter-finals. 7/10

• Subscriber

Marco Silva - so far so good. Results had been pretty average but more progress has been made with the style of play and how much general promise we're showing is ahead of schedule. 7/10.

Lucas Digne - generally very solid. Been 7/10 in most games with one poor showing against Newcastle but he followed that up with a goal and assist in the following two games. Looks an ideal Baines replacement. 7/10.

Yerry Mina - started off injured, settled into the team nicely but had a wobble in the last two games. Still in single figures for appearances so hard to judge but looks like he'll be decent. 7/10.

Kurt Zouma - really like him to be honest. Struggling to think of any occasions where he's been really suspect. Understandably been in and out of the team in recent weeks with Mina and Keane also in good form. 7.5/10.

Andre Gomes - absolutely a class act. Like Mina is also in single figures for appearances but unlike Mina, it's not hard to judge this one as his quality is there for all to see and he consistently looks our best player. Top priority for Brands has to be to get this deal done permanently. 8.5/10.

Bernard - came with a big reputation in some ways, and was made a more exciting signing by the fact it was a free transfer. Looked really good in his first few cameos, and has had a hand in plenty of the goals we've scored this season without necessarily being the man to score or assist. Has also been ineffective on a number of occasions and is still adapting to the league. Would be giving him some time out of the side personally but I think he has a lot to offer long term. 6/10.

Richarlison - not hard to assess his worth. 7 or 8 goals this season already and he's only 21. Still raw in some ways and has plenty to learn, but will either be a key player for years to come or sell for a huge fee. 8/10.

Archived