talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That and Juventus vs Atletico Madrid are top ties on paper and are pretty much impossible to predict.

Agreed, I thought out of the two the Pool v Bayern is likely to be the more open attacking game where I see the Atletico v Juventus as more of a tactical battle and possibly a low scoring affair.. Still both very good ties to look forward too though.. as you say, couldn't call either

Don't think the likes of Hummels and Kimmich would fare well against Liverpool at all in an open game. 

It's going to take spot-on prep for Bayern to play the right kind of game against Liverpool and get the away goal without their ageing team getting dragged into a high-energy game.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

The double of both to qualify is 21/1

Should be much higher but if Ajax played like they did away in Munich and Lyon play like they did against Man City they can both qualify.    Liverpool should beat Munich quite easily, Munich struggled against Ajax especially in midfield.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I think you'll will be very different come February. This patch you're going through can't last forever but having said that we are going to be very different come February as well. The biggest issue that I see in all this which will help us is the fact that our players won't be going on runs in other cups for their countries and having two of our better performers in Keita and Mane not going to those comps is a big boost. Keeping a fit squad that can compete is Europe is always a dodgy concern and add to that Joe Gomez is back from injury in mid-late Jan with time for a game run to partner VVD in defense as well. 

I would have preferred a return-leg at Anfield because it brings out the best in us no matter who the opposition is but these are the cards that have been dealt.

Yeah im being a little bleak ill admit. Theres signs we have turned the page, the last couple matches have looked alot better Its still a different beast to come up against your lot. The one positive I can say is Lewy is quielty having a very good season amongst all the turmoil and that in itself could turn a tie. Anyway it will be a fun watch.

7 hours ago, Inverted said:

Don't think the likes of Hummels and Kimmich would fare well against Liverpool at all in an open game. 

It's going to take spot-on prep for Bayern to play the right kind of game against Liverpool and get the away goal without their ageing team getting dragged into a high-energy game.

This exactly. 

Guess will have to try the champions league next season....congrats Liverpool 

15 hours ago, Stan said:

Full draw:

Schalke v Man City
Atletico Madrid v Juventus
Man Utd v PSG
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund
Lyon v Barcelona
Roma v Porto
Ajax v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Bayern Munich

City - Juventus - PSG - Spurs - Barcalona -Roma - Real Madrid & Liverpool for the quarters 

On 17/12/2018 at 15:59, Panna King said:

Quite confident that Ajax can get past Real Madrid if they can beat Madrid at home. 

I'm gonna go to Holland and buy what your smoking

• Subscriber
On 18/12/2018 at 08:04, Happy Blue said:

City - Juventus - PSG - Spurs - Barcalona -Roma - Real Madrid & Liverpool for the quarters 

I'd want this to happen just because I want us to have a second crack at breaking them in half.

49 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Schalke v Man City
Atletico Madrid v Juventus
Man Utd v PSG
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund
Roma v Porto
Ajax v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Bayern Munich

You're suffering from my affliction my friend xD;)

How do you see the Barça v Lyon clash going?

34 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Not at all, Real Madrid have been battered this season by far worse teams then Ajax.

There are people that think Marcelo is a great left-back.

Anyway... He didn't even know who Eibar are which says it all really.

Ajax should be a hard nut to crack for Real Madrid and if the game were to be played right now, Ajax would be the clear favourite for me.

Have you read about the rumours that came out in South America where they reckon they have an email sent to UEFA (from Florentino Pérez) asking for Ajax to be the next opponent? :o

• The topic was unpinned

Archived