talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Romelu Lukaku's Size

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was plenty strong already, I don't really see what more there was to be gained in him bulking up so much.

It's unescessary for players at the elite level to be that strong. Just with his natural body type he's already going to outmuscle basically every player he comes across. 

44 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If United had the Lukaku who absolutely terrorised Brazil in the World Cup, they would be laughing. 

Irrespective of size, he has always been a player who does it when he's in the mood.

He's always done it against teams with average defences, he's just not a top level striker and they won't get near a league title with him leading the line. Not good enough.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

This is like me when I play football with my mates once a week. 

I just wish I got the same kind of money as Lukaku. 

Sometimes when the ball goes into his feet, it looks like the defender is the one trying to get the ball and Lukaku is the centre back trying to clear it away.

• Subscriber

The level he was at when he left us he should have just been a very attainable small step away from becoming a key player for a top four side. It's hard to say why he hasn't kicked on after a good start. United's form and Mourinho's stale management are no doubt the key factors. If Poch or Klopp or Pep had their hands on him I think we'd be watching a world class striker by now.

57 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The level he was at when he left us he should have just been a very attainable small step away from becoming a key player for a top four side. It's hard to say why he hasn't kicked on after a good start. United's form and Mourinho's stale management are no doubt the key factors. If Poch or Klopp or Pep had their hands on him I think we'd be watching a world class striker by now.

I don't think he does enough or has enough quality in his all round game to play under any of those managers. And he never did do

football forum
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Sorry Stan. I'll make sure I don't talk about tits either :shutup:

You say you don't want to talk about tits yet mention one in your post :ph34r:?

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 11/12/2018 at 22:38, The Palace Fan said:

A lot been made of the 'muscle mass' that Romelu Lukaku has put on in the last couple of years. Do you agree with what some pundits are saying though in regards to the fact that he's become so big it's affecting his game in a negative way?

IMG-20181211-WA0003.jpg.ae28fe0ef69f1b3743979a550947c7b1.jpg

Any evidence?

Archived