talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Has Inspired You?

football forum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit cheesy but my parents are an inspiration to myself because they're both opposite characters that have taught me a lot about the character I should be.

I can say there's inspirational stories I hear about people that have overcome adversity to become successful but as I don't know them or seen their story I can't say they can be a personal influence to me.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Bit cheesy but my parents are an inspiration to myself because they're both opposite characters that have taught me a lot about the character I should be.

I can say there's inspirational stories I hear about people that have overcome adversity to become successful but as I don't know them or seen their story I can't say they can be a personal influence to me.

40 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

I agree with Aaron, my parents have installed morals and a strong work ethic into me which I obviously respect a lot. Grandparents too.

Can't really say anyone else, don't see anyone famous as an inspiration really.

agree with both of these on the whole.

parents have always let me be my own person but have supported decisions I've made and guided me as best they can.

If I can be half the kind of parents for my children as they have been for me, then I'll be happy. 

My Grandpa. WW2 veteran. Built his own house.  Built his own hobby farm and built or made just about everything else he owned. A tradie by qualification but a  engineer by nature... Was out there on the roof hooking up solar power cells and wind turbines on his manifolded car battery power system at the farm at age 85. Never gave up. Never took anything for granted. Worked hard for everything he had.  Absolute legend.

Died 2 weeks ago today. 

• Administrator
Just now, Harry said:

My Grandpa. WW2 veteran. Built his own house.  Built his own hobby farm and built or made just about everything else he owned. A tradie by qualification but a  engineer by nature... Was out there on the roof hooking up solar power cells and wind turbines on his manifolded car battery power system at the farm at age 85. Never gave up. Never took anything for granted. Worked hard for everything he had.  Absolute legend.

Died 2 weeks ago today. 

sorry for your loss. sounded like a very independent and inspired man anyway. 

Archived