talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mark Noble Earns West Ham Contract Extension

• Subscriber

Mark Noble: West Ham captain extends contact until 2021

2 hours ago | West Ham

Mark Noble is set to end his career at West Ham after an option was activated to extend his contract until 2021.

The Hammers captain, who made his debut for the club in 2004, has extended his deal by a year.

Noble, West Ham's current longest-serving player, said he would consider staying on as a coach when he retires.

"I hope that the club keeps moving in the right way, and hopefully I can be a part of that," the midfielder, 31, told the club's website.

"To be honest, I haven't done my coaching badges. Football is so intense now that when it gets to the summer, I like to spend it with my kids and the wife. I'd love to be involved somewhere though.

"I think there's no better person than me at this club to know the morals and ensure the foundations are kept with the young players and staff members."

In a statement, joint chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold said: "He embodies everything that the fans love about West Ham and he will forever be associated with our club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46542462

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's generally been a decent mid-table sort of midfielder, massive love for West Ham obviously but also a big driving force in the dressing room. I imagine they're all working together so he can slowly fade out of the playing staff rather just be shafted, considering the cock ups they've had with the stadium they won't wanna drop a ball on this.

I remember when he first burst onto the scene back when I supported West Ham haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

West Ham: Declan Rice signs new long-term contract

25 minutes ago | West Ham

West Ham defender Declan Rice has signed a new contract that runs until the end of the 2023-24 season.

The 19-year-old, whose previous deal was due to expire in 2020, has played 51 games since his debut last year.

"I am still young, so to put more years on my contract and keep developing here is the best thing for me to do now," said academy graduate Rice.

"With the support of the manager, the players, everyone, it was the right thing to do."

Rice, who is eligible to play for England and the Republic of Ireland, said last month the decision over his international future will be "one of the hardest of my career".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46702064

Archived