• Administrator

I think I know the answers to these... 

On 07/04/2020 at 18:48, SchalkeUK said:

Nothing much happening here so here's an idea - not this film but a huge clue

11 Best Pirate Movies of All Time - Cinemaholic

Treasure Island. 

On 07/04/2020 at 18:51, SchalkeUK said:

and this is one of - if not the best song from the film

xDCanadian GP: F1 explains chequered flag error, vow to review ...

Crash. 

6 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Gonna have to give it away!

Christopher Atkins 8X10

Brokeback Mountain. 

• Subscriber

Well, never saw that one Alan yet I am not keen on musicals so that's why I never had an inkling what it was, the only musical I enjoyed was Calamity Jane, someone like @Spike or any of the other Aussies might have known it as it's an Australian Musical Comedy according to Wikipedia.

@Tommy, you can have the next shot if you want?

Yes correct Caac (John)  The whole thing was a spoof on the Gilbert and Sullivan 'Pirates of Penzance' - mainly a dream set of sequences.  Bill Kerr played the equivalent of the Modern Major-General and John Farrar of Marvin, Welch and Farrar contributed some of the music.  It was almost 'Goon/Python' type humour with a lot od double-entendre thrown in and if you want an easy relaxed watch - particularly knowing you enjoyed Doris and Howard, perhaps you could watch it as it is wholly available on You Tube.  Young Chris spent most of his time in Blue Lagoon and A Night in Heaven - as well as being seduced by Sue Ellen in Dallas with most (all) of his clothes off most of the time, but as he is now nearly 60 I am assuming he has learned his lesson!  He tried but only proved his body is Ok but he can't sing for toffee!

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Well, never saw that one Alan yet I am not keen on musicals so that's why I never had an inkling what it was, the only musical I enjoyed was Calamity Jane, someone like @Spike or any of the other Aussies might have known it as it's an Australian Musical Comedy according to Wikipedia.

@Tommy, you can have the next shot if you want?

I know of the real Calamity Jane and she is a very American figure, so I doubt it is an Aussie production

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

This is silly - I think most will have got it but it's such a 'twee' film no one will admit to knowing anything about it! SO.......

The Pirate Movie - The Original Soundtrack from the Motion Picture ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCgQ0L022e0

No @Spike, I am talking about this one that Alan put in  9_9

I love the film Calamity Jane and I have the DVD and have watched it many a time, just listening to the songs really.

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

No @Spike, I am talking about this one that Alan put in  9_9

I love the film Calamity Jane and I have the DVD and have watched it many a time, just listening to the songs really.

Most of the Pirate was shot In Melbourne near the Wharf and surrounding area.  Calam and Bill Hicock were in the Black Hills Of Dakota:rofl:

Archived