• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Goal Line Technology Confirmed For The Championship

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

excellent decision.

just hope it continues to be introduced further down the divisions.

it was used in the Australian A-League last weekend for the first time so it's about time it was used further afield over here. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2017 at 8:13 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

Anything that takes the ambiguity in a decision away from these awful referees is a plus

Considering  you have probably never refereed a game in your life you can't  really criticise. Anyway English referees are generally considered some of the best in the world

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

You don't have to have refereed some 10 year old kids game to recognise that referees in the Championship are absolutely awful compared to the Premier League. The size of the gap should not exist. 

Correction, they're awful everywhere and this is just going to help make some critical decisions so why shouldn't it be used and I agree with what you've said regarding ambiguity of decisions. Just this week we've seen a ref make a call and then look at the linesman and change the call again and I think if they got more help to make those decisions then we'd start seeing better decisions for the betterment of teams that are denied goals when they really should have gotten them or vice versa.

How can they be bad everywhere?  You have to have some standard to compare it to.  Football needs more video tecknology.

4 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

You don't have to have refereed some 10 year old kids game to recognise that referees in the Championship are absolutely awful compared to the Premier League. The size of the gap should not exist. 

My point is you are calling them awful referees but you have never refereed a game in your life(probably) why don't you have a go at see how hard it really is. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My point is you are calling them awful referees but you have never refereed a game in your life(probably) why don't you have a go at see how hard it really is. 

i don't think anyone denies that referees have a hard job.

but the amount of times they get something wrong is shocking. there are too many mistakes and perhaps more needs to be done training-wise for the referees. but for now, I don't see anything wrong with bringing in technology to help them with the tough job they have. 

I've never played in goal for Barcelona or Man City and won the things he has but I can tell you Claudio Bravo has been disappointing in a Man City shirt this season.

I've never got the"you can't have an opinion on something, you've never played Football" argument. 

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

i don't think anyone denies that referees have a hard job.

but the amount of times they get something wrong is shocking. there are too many mistakes and perhaps more needs to be done training-wise for the referees. but for now, I don't see anything wrong with bringing in technology to help them with the tough job they have. 

I don't agree personally. Its estimated premiership rererees on average get more than 95% of desions right thats pretty impressive. There are a lot of decisions they get right that no one even notices. But they are human and so mistakes will be made which is why video tecknology is needed. 

• Administrator

we're not talking about Premier League referees though, are we?

The point being made was that the standard of Championship referees was low and the gap in quality between Championship and Premier League referees was huge.

I appreciate they get a lot of decisions right. Again, no-one denied that. 

I don't know about championship referees and how they compare to premiership referees  and other 2nd tier referees in other countries. I just don't personally think we should be calling then bad referees when actually they are good when you think about how many referees there are. 

Archived