Northampton vs Stevenage
Notts County vs Tranmere
Oldham vs Bury
Port Vale vs Cheltenham

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A big win that for West Brom. If Leeds or Norwich slip up I reckon they'll be right on their heels all season.

Let's be fair, they should be. They have a strong squad, better than ourselves and probably Norwich. There is no doubt in my eyes we are overachieving.

Another big game for us today. The pressure will have built on us after that West Brom result so it's pretty vital we win. I wish I could be confident going into games but to be frank, we've made such a meal out of winning games recently that everytime feels like a bit of a slog. Another test for the kids we have playing, especially Shackleton and Clarke.

Hoping we see an appearance from Bamford at some point today. Scored a hat trick for the Under 23's against Burnley in the week and he could be massive for us over Christmas if he can start banging in some goals and finding confidence.

One player we will sadly be without will be Samu Saiz. It's come out that he is unhappy here (which explains his patchy form) and he'll be heading to Getafe on loan with a view to permanent when the window opens. Gutted to lose a player of his quality and it's a hammer blow for us but his personal circumstances are such he needs to go back in Spain.

Respect the club's decision to not play hard ball and let him go, I just hope we find an able replacement. Kieran Dowell would be great if we could sign someone like that for example.

Well that is a massive win. 

Terrible conditions today. Complete contrast of styles and if anything, I felt Bolton would be more effective playing their way than us ours.

I really feared today would be one of thise classic Championship games where you lose a game you should win but we have toughed it out and shown great spirit.

Not a lot in the game really, we didnt exactly create chance after chance so Bolton may feel they could have got a point out of it.

That said, a lovely well worked goal and chuffed for Bamford to come back from injury and bag the winner. He could be huge for us at a time we've lost a quality player in Saiz. What a shot in the arm it is to have him back.

And when you see Boro have lost, Villa draw, Sheff Utd lost last night and Derby/Forest to play each other, its a decent weekend for us.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well that is a massive win. 

Terrible conditions today. Complete contrast of styles and if anything, I felt Bolton would be more effective playing their way than us ours.

I really feared today would be one of thise classic Championship games where you lose a game you should win but we have toughed it out and shown great spirit.

Not a lot in the game really, we didnt exactly create chance after chance so Bolton may feel they could have got a point out of it.

That said, a lovely well worked goal and chuffed for Bamford to come back from injury and bag the winner. He could be huge for us at a time we've lost a quality player in Saiz. What a shot in the arm it is to have him back.

And when you see Boro have lost, Villa draw, Sheff Utd lost last night and Derby/Forest to play each other, its a decent weekend for us.

And Norwich are 2-1 behind against Bristol City, it could be your day if Norwich loses. 

• Administrator

Another late show for Norwich.

Can see them nicking a winner.

Meanwhile, @Danny wtf is going at Brentford? One win in 10. Postpone that 'Road to the Premiership' thread xD. On the flipside, big win for Hull @The Artful Dodger

Middlesbrough seem to be slipping up a bit. Not won in 4 games now. 

Ipswich only getting their 2nd win of the season. In December and didn't even realise it was that bad :o 

Worst conditions I've ever experienced at a football match yesterday - fair play to the players who played in it! Errors were naturally going to be part of the match but ours were made ourselves rather than due to the conditions. We were absolutely cruising at 75 mins 2-0 up then we completely messed it up in the matter of minutes conceding two goals. No idea why Raya came so far out to clatter into their player and concede a penalty, and then our defence got completely caught out for their equaliser.

Hugely frustrating as 3 points instead of the 1 would have been huge, but there are many positives to take from it in terms of being so comfortable for long periods against a much improved Birmingham side however the negative once again is our inability to see out games/keep a clean sheet!

On 15/12/2018 at 18:28, Lucas said:

He was brilliant for Middlesbrough last season, and yet he said he was still five weeks off being able to play at the intensity Bielsa required. 

You think with those factors in mind, Bielsa should turn him in to a real difference maker for Leeds this season.

41 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He was brilliant for Middlesbrough last season, and yet he said he was still five weeks off being able to play at the intensity Bielsa required. 

You think with those factors in mind, Bielsa should turn him in to a real difference maker for Leeds this season.

Bielsa has improved so many players. You only have to look and see at what Kalvin Phillips has done this year, or Klich or Roofe. I've no qualms he's in the right hands.

He knows where the back of the net is and he is just the shot in the arm we needed. Suffered so many injuries, and the whole thing with Saiz now, thank god Bamford has returned to help us out.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived