Watford vs Cardiff
Wolves vs Bournemouth

Sunday 16th December, 2018
Brighton vs Chelsea, 13.30

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Need to win this for me. Palace's record without Zaha is abysmal. Then again our record against Palace's bad records is also terrible.

Lose this and it's very likely we lose 4 on the bounce.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Need to win this for me. Palace's record without Zaha is abysmal. Then again our record against Palace's bad records is also terrible.

Lose this and it's very likely we lose 4 on the bounce.

score draw I reckon, or BTTS and Palace win. Lacking confidence with this one based on how last Saturday went. But then again, if Vardy is back fully fit that's encouraging. 

Do you reckon Maguire will come straight back in? 

Albrighton and Gray have to play, for me. We looked good against Watford with those two on the pitch. Have Maddison in the middle and stick with Mendy/Ndidi in the defensive midfield. 

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Stan said:

score draw I reckon, or BTTS and Palace win. Lacking confidence with this one based on how last Saturday went. But then again, if Vardy is back fully fit that's encouraging. 

Do you reckon Maguire will come straight back in? 

Albrighton and Gray have to play, for me. We looked good against Watford with those two on the pitch. Have Maddison in the middle and stick with Mendy/Ndidi in the defensive midfield. 

I weirdly wouldn't start Maguire. I think Morgan and Evans is working. Vardy has to start though. I just cannot warm to Iheanacho at all and he's been particularly poor lately.

I agree I'd start those two. Gray's still lacking the end product but he's actually quite improved the defensive side of his game so he's becoming that bit more rounded. Sounds mad but I'd consider playing Okazaki as well although how you get them all in I'm unsure. Players like Okazaki and Albrighton allow us to really play with that intensity and that's when we're at our best for me.

Im actually quite looking forward to the prospect of some of our players being suspended as it means other players will be given an opportunity. Hodgson will no doubt kill that optimism by starting Martin Kelly over Jairo Riedewald though.

I don't mind us getting two points against Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Tottenham and United as those games were a write off. Three points against Burnley, Brighton and West Ham is unacceptable though which puts a lot of pressure on a win today. Manchester City next week is a write off then it's Cardiff City which could be a game where heads turn.

I imagine Parish is trying to keep both the snake and the messiah happy but surely if we pick up no wins in the next three our long term strategy has to be considered without one of them? Hopefully it's Dougie that goes. I know Allardyce spent a lot of money but all his signings are still first teamers whilst Dougie hasn't signed one.

• Administrator

Chilwell out for us. Didn't know he was injured so bit of a bummer to see the team sheet an hour ago without his name on.

Maguire back in replacing Evans. Vardy is back which is good. 

• Administrator

1-0 to Palace. Another long range effort conceded following Son's strike last week. 

Good goal from Milivojevic though to be fair. Had so much time to pick his spot. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Another very good performance from us against a team that are quite clearly not at our level yet.

Sorry I don't bite as easily as others :ph34r:

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

3-0 now. xD

We've forgotten how to close them down to avoid long range shots. The second and third have been from outside the area.

Shame.. I was looking forward to reading your "Up Yours Premiership Elitist Cunts" it's almost become your signature sign off in match threads... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Shame.. I was looking forward to reading your "Up Yours Premiership Elitist Cunts" it's almost become your signature sign off in match threads... 

It's mainly cos of the amount of criticism we've had simply because we don't play tiki taka piki paka football and the pundits basically wanking off the likes of 'more deserving than us' Fulham and 'mate's rates' Wolves.

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Unreal save from the Palace newbie keeper to deny Vardy. If that was Alisson or Ederson people would be raving about it when they see it for days. 

He was pulling out all sorts of saves like that against Barcelona last season but for whatever reason Roy has preferred Hennessey up until now. Had it of been the latter in goal we would have dropped points today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived