The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 15-16th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He was pulling out all sorts of saves like that against Barcelona last season but for whatever reason Roy has preferred Hennessey up until now. Had it of been the latter in goal we would have dropped points today.

Not saying that we deserved anything from today because of our poor performance, but it's that kind of save and rebound off the post which shows stuff won't go for you. The other season Vardy has a chance which Hennessey gets a hand to but it goes in. Today it hits the post and straight back to the keeper.

Ah well. Such a predictable result with all the attention of the stats when you guys don't play with Zaha. We're the gift that keeps on giving.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Massive massive massive massive massive win. 

6pts clear of the drop, 2 games left til midway point and 4 points behind target.

If we win next week we'll have well in comparison to most at the bottom.

I want Newcastle to stay up just for Raffa, the quicker that cunt Ashley goes the better for Newcastle as Raffa has a sleeping giant here in Newcastle and give him decent funds watch them rise from the ashes, minus Ashley though.

30 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

I want Newcastle to stay up just for Raffa, the quicker that cunt Ashley goes the better for Newcastle as Raffa has a sleeping giant here in Newcastle and give him decent funds watch them rise from the ashes, minus Ashley though.

We need more money to get more possession in games :4_joy:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nothing short of a disgrace. Time to look for a replacement for me.

My patience is running really thin with Puel now. I've tried to back him for so long but today and the Fulham game were golden chances to get maximum points but the tactics and choices made for those games in particular have really grated on me. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

My patience is running really thin with Puel now. I've tried to back him for so long but today and the Fulham game were golden chances to get maximum points but the tactics and choices made for those games in particular have really grated on me. 

I've had enough now. The mistakes are too frequent and the dreadful performances like today outweigh the good ones. We've spent a lot of money again this summer and we look so disjointed.

Said a couple of weeks ago when we were 9th that it was very misleading as the table is very tight and we had a tough run coming up. 12th now with Chelsea and Man City next so it's likely to drop further.

Puel's system is just rubbish for me I'm afraid. It suits probably only the full backs. He's well set on it too.

• Subscriber

He's pretty much exactly how I called him when we appointed him.

On 24/10/2017 at 17:51, Dan said:

It sounds more and more like it'll be him.

I don't think it would be a disaster, just very dull. Doesn't really give you much encouragement. I don't think our squad really suits his style of play either so I think it would take a while for it to bear fruit.

The cynical side of me thinks it's Rudkin getting someone in who won't question him.

He's very one-dimensional. 4-2-3-1 nearly every game, slower build-up which is the polar opposite to what we've been built on, and of course had some incredible success with for years. I feel like we've tried to go completely the other way in terms of our style of play and we're now at this midpoint where we've not really got any discernible style. We keep the ball better but don't actually do anything with it. That's the problem.

I'd be very surprised if he took us down as frankly I think you've got to be utterly abysmal to get relegated out of this league. You watch our game earlier and think that was a game between two teams who are likely to be comfortably safe this year and you really have got to laugh when people talk up the standard of this league like it's the be all and end all. Bar the top five the league is wank.

Puel to me now just feels like an interim manager until someone else comes in. He's too one-dimensional even if his policy of bringing younger players through is admirable (although I can't help but feel some of our fans blow what he's actually done here in this regard slightly out of proportion), makes too many mistakes in games, gets his selection wrong frequently (we've gone 1-0 down in 11 games out of 17 this season), he just hasn't got enough about him to me, I never feel particularly confident that we'll win a game and I'm even less confident that I'll be entertained.

That today was absolutely pathetic. Worst result of the season for me and probably third to only the same two fixtures last season under Puel. It's so, so typical of us to be the side who loses to Palace missing possibly the league's most influential player to his team. Palace I wasn't impressed by but they did what they had to - one moment of brilliance and kept it tight. That's all you have to do to beat us. It's pathetic.

Puel out for me now. If Jardim is genuinely interested then we need to get him in immediately. That would be an astonishingly good appointment.

13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Such a myth that Newcastle are a sleeping giant. Yes they are from a big city with a massive fanbase but even before Ashley they hadn't won anything. Let's not pretend Mike Ashley has put Barcelona in mid-table or relegated Juventus.

A sleeping giant isn't someone who used to be great and now isn't. It is someone who has never fulfilled their full potential. The term was also regularly used on Newcastle before Mike Ashley. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

@Dan @Stan who would you have if Puel leaves?

Someone less defensive and someone who is more willing to allow players a bit more freedom. 

I know you wanted names but whoever fits that bill above. 

If Jardim is a serious shout then I'm all for it. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Someone less defensive and someone who is more willing to allow players a bit more freedom. 

I know you wanted names but whoever fits that bill above. 

If Jardim is a serious shout then I'm all for it. 

Jardim would be a great coup for Leicester and a good addition to the league.

football forum
Just now, Cicero said:

Hazard 2-0

Sky Sports just popped up with a breaking scoreline to announce that Pedro had scored to make it 1-0, only 15 minutes late xD. Probably game over already for yous then, Hazard is so class when he wants to be. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived