talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 15-16th December, 2018

football forum

Willian hasn’t been the same defensively since Mourinho. His workrate has declined a lot since then. The best I’ve seen him perform was last season under Conte and that high level of performance lasted a month at most. He was his most consistent under Mourinho but has always come up short in some of his attacking play. At least under Mourinho, you could say he worked hard which I think helped the fans take a liking to him. What hasn’t helped his cause is that he’s better playing on the left but obviously isn’t going to nail down that position because of Hazard. I’ve seen Willian paint the same picures for years. If the defender doesn’t commit he holds onto the ball waiting for the defender and always looks to go down the right side and get onto his favoured right foot which is why he’s better playing on the left. He’s very one dimensional and maybe the fact that he’s Brazilian and scores the odd wonder goal people think differently. He can also be extremely wasteful on the ball and give up possession and this for me is his most frustrating trait.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall the first half was excellent control and two good taken goals. In the second just like in the game against Wolves we dropped back and let them control the game. The equalizer came just after Alonso hit the post which would be the winner probably. Apart from the City game don't recall in which game we were focused for the 90 minutes.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived