• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 3-2 Arsenal - Sunday 16th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

35 - Arsenal determined to play out from the back but Southampton are pressing really well, Leno nearly getting himself into trouble. Armstrong on the left has played brilliant so far.

football forum

43 - Sexy AF. Redmond chips the ball into the box and takes out the two centre-halves. Danny Ings heads the ball high and long, looping right over Leno who stands and watches. Saints lead! Bellerin down injured too adding salt into the wounds for Arsenal.

football forum

52 - Goal! Romeu pisses around with the ball outside his own box and loses it under intense pressure. Lacazette lays it off to Miki who hits it from around 25 yards. The 'keeper has it covered but it deflects off Vestegaard's ankle and in the opposite direction leaving the goal gaping. 2-2 and Arsenal have all the momentum, Iwobi just blazing over as I type. Unlucky you have to admit for Saints though, they've really had a good go of this.

football forum

63 - Can only see Arsenal winning this to be honest, dictating the tempo and the lions share of possession. Southampton's intense pressing has stopped and whilst they are getting forward Arsenal's defence are coping with them pretty easily. Expect and Aubamayang/Lacazette goal soon to make it 3-2 and tie the game up.

football forum

75 - Bullet headed from Yoshida is saved superbly by Leno, Austin bundles the ball over the line but the flag is up. Southampton thought they were ahead but remain locked at 2-2. Electric atmosphere though and you wouldn't bet against them scoring again to take the lead for real :o. Arsenal will be dissapointed with a draw I think, could lead to a great showdown in the final 10 or so minutes if they throw men forward. 

football forum

84 - SAINTS LEAD! Shane Long is sent long (hehe) and he picks out Charlie Austin with a lovely looping ball. Leno should do so much better, honestly he's been gash today and after missing the cross it's an open net for Charlie who makes no mistake. The home side lead for the third time and given how long is left it could be a fantastic three points. Arsenal are going to throw men forward but it'll be some turnaround to get anything now. 

football forum
Just now, shut up said:

Southampton the better team today and fully deserve the 3 points. This was our worst performance of the season, way worse than chelsea or city. There is only so much Emery can do with this defence. Roll on the summer

He deserves a little bit of flack for signing Leno though who has been really poor. 

football forum
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Is cech really worse? Or is it just the style he wants becauee what I've seen of Leno he is approaching Karius levels of shite wss. 

Think Cech was dropped because he can't play with his feet which is stupid if the replacement can't play with his hands.

• Subscriber

Hassenhuttl running onto the pitch. Just what the league needs, another "eccentric" German manager (shut up I know he's Austrian or Swiss or something). Can't wait for him to unprofessionally swear in a press conference only to get 17 million retweets and get called a 'great character'. 

Disclaimer: the primary purpose of this post is to open the floor to see who can come up with the best Hassenrattled joke. Off you go.

7 minutes ago, shut up said:

Wish we would have played these without a manager like spurs did, they look revitalize under the german guy.

Leno hasn't been that bad at all what are people talking about? lol been decent bar the odd coming for crosses.

At fault for goals against Chelsea and Liverpool if I remember correctly. Maybe I've just been unlucky but he looks terrible. 

• The title was changed to Southampton 3-2 Arsenal - Sunday 16th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived