talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you listening to?

football forum

On 08/10/2019 at 10:17, Mel81x said:

I tell you what when someone sent me this I was like she has a nice voice, good bass, great little riff and then she starts singing in a totally different tone and my eyes widened.  @Dr. Gonzo you'll thoroughly enjoy this.

Meant to respond to this on Tuesday, but I guess I forgot to. My first introduction to them was actually a few weeks back, my friend had just seen them live (because he goes to almost every show at this local venue here, Brick By Brick, - which is 99% a metal only venue) and he said they were great and surprised him. So I gave it a listen and my reaction was pretty much exactly what you described.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meant to respond to this on Tuesday, but I guess I forgot to. My first introduction to them was actually a few weeks back, my friend had just seen them live (because he goes to almost every show at this local venue here, Brick By Brick, - which is 99% a metal only venue) and he said they were great and surprised him. So I gave it a listen and my reaction was pretty much exactly what you described.

Our drummer is a huge fan of Mastodon and he sent me the link and then he said dont go home and watch it watch it now. Needless to say I went and found all kind of oddities on the internet about the band later. Still think its a good sound honestly. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Our drummer is a huge fan of Mastodon and he sent me the link and then he said dont go home and watch it watch it now. Needless to say I went and found all kind of oddities on the internet about the band later. Still think its a good sound honestly. 

Yeah I like them - it's not the heaviest in the world, but they're clearly not going for that. It's like a cool fusion of alt-rock and death metal; so it's heavier than most but it's also got moments where "normal people" (lol) can appreciate the music as well. Apparently they're blowing the fuck up right now, so that's good for them. They're clearly a unique band with a unique sound, it's always good when bands like that get some recognition - it's good for the scene generally. I'll probably catch them the next time they come around to Brick By Bric