talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you listening to?

football forum

On 10/10/2019 at 16:59, Panflute said:

Still such a banger almost 30 years down the line. Them duelling guitars. Truly one of the best line-ups in metal history.

That lineup is 100% one of the best in metal history. And Rust in Piece is an absolute fucking masterpiece

• Subscriber
On 11/10/2019 at 05:29, Panflute said:

Still such a banger almost 30 years down the line. Them duelling guitars. Truly one of the best line-ups in metal history.

The story behind the making of Rust in Peace and in particular this track is one of rock legends. He had no one after the whole mess that went down in the late 80s and then he found one person Marty Friedman. They went chasing a very progressive sound at a time when people thought they were never going to compete with bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica. Then they go into a studio and come out with this cracker.

IMO he may have had issues but this is what Metallica should have continued to sounded like with no disrespect to Kirk who is a genius guitarist in his own right.  

Just found out that some champ used Guitar Hero to isolate the drum and bass of the Rust in Peace album, so you just hear David Ellefson and Nick Menza playing.

It's really is quite incredible knowing this iteration of the band had one of the best guitar duos in metal history in Mustaine and Friedman, but the rhythm section of the band is just solid as fuck. The sound quality is not too great, but you can still hear a lot of subtleties in the basslines that'd be difficult to hear on the actual album.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I started binging Slayer a few hours ago and now I can’t stop.

Slayer’s first 5 albums saw me through a very stressful period of my life so they’ll always have a special place in my heart

Whenever I hear this particular Slayer track I am reminded of the opening electro bit in Doom from the 90s. Here is a guitar variation of the same.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Whenever I hear this particular Slayer track I am reminded of the opening electro bit in Doom from the 90s. Here is a guitar variation of the same.

The entire Doom soundtrack is stolen from 80s and 90s music.

I wonder if it’s why I like metal xD

• Haha 1