talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you listening to?

football forum

• Administrator

25 Years of Foo Fighters on 4Music.

Next couple hours sorted!

That & All My Life are probably the best.

Plenty of others to enjoy listening to - My Hero, Monkey Wrench, Times Like These, DOA, Learn to Fly, The Pretender.

• Upvote 3

I used to be a massive Foos fan. Spent a few years listening to their stuff on repeat literally every day. That's not all I listened to but I did play them every day, then I would watch their live shows online and learn their songs on the guitar.

These days too many of their tracks have too much of a generic sound for me. I still go back to them now and then and I do admire Dave Grohl like very few other musicians. I see him as Rock's cool dad, but knowing that he takes inspiration from such great bands and musicians, I can't help but think his song writing is somewhat repetitive.

This said I've seen them live twice and both gigs were the best I've been to. Their energy is out of this world no matter what you think of their music and Dave Grohl might be the best front man alive.

Here's Dave Grohl just jamming with himself for 20 minutes

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Machado said:

I used to be a massive Foos fan. Spent a few years listening to their stuff on repeat literally every day. That's not all I listened to but I did play them every day, then I would watch their live shows online and learn their songs on the guitar.

These days too many of their tracks have too much of a generic sound for me. I still go back to them now and then and I do admire Dave Grohl like very few other musicians. I see him as Rock's cool dad, but knowing that he takes inspiration from such great bands and musicians, I can't help but think his song writing is somewhat repetitive.

This said I've seen them live twice and both gigs were the best I've been to. Their energy is out of this world no matter what you think of their music and Dave Grohl might be the best front man alive.

Here's Dave Grohl just jamming with himself for 20 minutes

I feel this too hence a lot of the songs I prefer from them are from the 00s. 

I'm still a fan of them and enjoy their music every now and then but used to be a much bigger fan back then. 

Grohl is definitely an inspiration for rock music as well, even if he takes his inspiration from others. His talents are ridiculous. There can't be many others that are as successful as him performing in different ways - drummer in Nirvana, Them Crooked Vultures, guitarist for/with several bands, vocalist. And have that longevity as well.

• Upvote 1

Every Era throws up a talented guy like DG and some get lost for different reasons.  A young guy I met in the 50's was such a man.  His guitar playing was brilliant and he occasionally sat in on sessions on the drums, but more often than not was always willing to play guitar on others recordings - folk like Al Casey, Skeets McDonald and Buddy Lowe to name just three.  He had success in his own right until he managed to travel in the wrong Taxi in Wiltshire whilst on tour in the UK and at only 21 with all that behind him and lots more to come - we lost him.  Not many modern-day music lovers remember him but, like DG, his music will live on for a long time. He died 60 years ago this week - a good time to pause and remember Eddie Cochran

April 17th, 1960 Eddie Cochran died aged 21 - Zoomer Radio AM740