talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you listening to?

football forum

Been playing my 'Hans Zimmer' station on Pandora all day and I absolutely love all of it. His music from Interstellar, Inception, Batman, and Oblivion are some of the best sound tracks I've heard. 

Sadly listening to an old CD taken from the singles I had of Tab Hunter -  great , brave guy who died three weeks ago.  Starring in many films I met him for the first time in 1958 for an Interview for Radio in Hong Kong and, after an evening of 'screwdrivers' he sort of admitted that his leading ladies were all aware that they were not his favourite pastime!  He kept that out the public eye - illegal of course back then, but was brave enough to come out later in life.  We stayed in touch and I have just received the memorial service details as a last momento - hence playing his old tracks - one of which he declared to be his favourite at the time which summed up his relationship with his friend - 'I'm Alone Because I Love You' When another of our friends (Danny Rap of Danny and the Juniors) took his own life Tab knew why but kept it to himself to stop the gossip, but such was the problem at that time in the US.  At that time Danny was friendly with Johnnie Ray who kept his situation safe until he died in 1990 - despite a couple of 50's court cases in  Detroit.  How many others went through life living a lie is unknown, but Tab should always be remembered as the tough-guy 'ladies man' who was more honest than most. 'Young Love' 'Red Sales' '99 Ways' and many others are worth a listen if you are into music from the 50's.  A great singer he was not - but a great guy nonetheless.

Edited by SchalkeUK
spelling