talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you listening to?

football forum

On 08/06/2020 at 12:01, Dr. Gonzo said:

RATM songs really capture the zeitgeist of the US right now

They take money from groups that donate to gay conversion therapy. But then again I eat at Chik-Fil-A sometimes so I don't give a fuck. Cacophony of chaos bitch

Edited by Spike

51 minutes ago, Spike said:

They take money from groups that donate to gay conversion therapy. But then again I eat at Chik-Fil-A sometimes so I don't give a fuck. Cacophony of chaos bitch

RATM does? That’s weird, why is a band getting paid by a homophobic group? Especially a band that’s been broken up for years

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Really hard to believe how long ago all this music was made and how relevant it is today.

I was surprised that it was still so relevant... but then I remember there’s a few songs from the flower power age that are still relevant so it probably says more about the people in power and human nature.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

RATM does? That’s weird, why is a band getting paid by a homophobic group? Especially a band that’s been broken up for years

Because they aren't broken up and they were due to appear at Coachella whose owner donates to said groups.

Just now, Spike said:

Because they aren't broken up and they were due to appear at Coachella whose owner donates to said groups.

I think them reuniting for some shows and a brief tour isn’t really them coming back together as a band though tbh.

But yeah, I see your point with Coachella. I think most artists playing there would probably politically be against said groups so it’s sort of a hypocrisy with all the artists. Tbh that sort of corporate dealing that RATM has had to do to get their music onto a popular label and playing at big shows has always been a spot of hypocrisy when you consider the lyrical content.