talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

On 3/8/2017 at 10:57 PM, Cicero said:

PSG had easily 3 or 4 chances to put the game to bed. Not much he can do. 

I personally thought it was naive from PSG, sit that deep, win the ball, then play their short passing game to get up the pitch? Firstly you allow Barcelona to play in your half and more importantly in the final third which is where they can control the game the best, it puts Busquets in his favourite positions, the short passing from PSG which starts from their low block also allows Barcelona to press high and win the ball back quickly, this is also made a lot easier because PSG were dreadful with the ball, how many times did Rabiot lose it by the way?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I personally thought it was naive from PSG, sit that deep, win the ball, then play their short passing game to get up the pitch? Firstly you allow Barcelona to play in your half and more importantly in the final third which is where they can control the game the best, it puts Busquets in his favourite positions, the short passing from PSG which starts from their low block also allows Barcelona to press high and win the ball back quickly, this is also made a lot easier because PSG were dreadful with the ball, how many times did Rabiot lose it by the way?

Rabiot shouldn't have even been on the pitch to begin with for a game like this. 

But like I stated, I don't nessesarily blame Emery as the players have let him down. Di Maria, Verratti, and Cavani all had chances to bury the game but bottled it. 

23 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I thought the way the BT studio team were jumping up and down celebrating was a bit much. Calm down it's only Barcelona, they've won enough already.

It is a historic moment but as far as historic moments go I find this one the most predictable. If anyone was going to overturn 4 goals it was Barcelona at the Nou Camp. It doesn't have that shock feeling to me. 

Obviously it's epic for actual Barca fans.

Are there actually any real ones on here?

2005 and 1999 are up there because they were finals. A recovery over 2 legs is also different from within the same game, but I suppose Cavani's goal did change things.

I suppose 1999 probably comes out top in terms of not being besmirched by cheating like the other two.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Luis Suarez said:

Thanks Cannabis. I used to be on the ole Total Football Forums. Thanks for directing me this way mate :) Cheers.

Welcome to TF365 :) 

What was your username on there?

• 2 weeks later...

1490963305604.jpg

Draxler: "Barcelona won because they deserved it"

The Madrid press cavern for days after the miraculous comeback by FC Barcelona where they turned around a 0-4 deficit at the Camp Nou to win 6-1 tried to downplay the situation and take merit away from Barça by making consistent front pages pointing to the referee.  Something that didn't occur anywhere else in Europe or the world where it was more eyes and mouth open at a historical football match that in the final ten minutes beat all viewing records worldwide for a sports event.

Julian Draxler in an interview for French newspaper "Le Parisien" amongst other things referring to Paris Saint-Germain also spoke about that terrible night for his team.  These are some of the quotes referring to the game which finished FC Barcelona 6-1 Paris Saint-Germain.

"We played a terrible game and on top of that we were playing against the best side in the world.  Certain refereeing decisions didn't help our cause, but us footballers know that when you lose in that manner, it's never the referee's fault.  A close scoreline can sometimes be looked upon as being decisive but never something like that."

"The other thing is that when you're on the field of play you get sensations and they become almost symptomatic and contagious.  We could see that the Barça players believed from the moment they came out of the tunnel and as the minutes went by we knew that they were going to make it impossible for us.  They believed in their ambition and they believed that they could score goals!"

"From then we became more and more defensive in that first half and we forgot that we should be going for the rival's goal to put them under pressure.  It's complicated to play against any top flight team when this happens but it's nigh on impossible if you create this mentality or let yourself be nervous against a team like Barcelona and on top of it all at the Camp Nou.  We just couldn't stop them from attacking us and we made it as difficult for them as possible by reducing spaces in between the lines but they just kept on varying it and even playing very unlike Barcelona tactics which confused our positioning."

"At 3-0 it was very difficult, but when Cavani scored for us to make it 3-1, we believed again and that released us a bit.  But a strange thing happened and their fans which were almost 100,000 just got even louder and to be honest we could feel it and slowly slowly we became nervous again which is incredible considering what they needed to do.  They attacked us from all areas and it was something we couldn't stop...  It felt frenetic and even the referee couldn't keep up because we couldn't either.  Only players like they have can do things like that and conceding 3 goals in 8 minutes is something that nobody could ever believe".

PSG. Julian Draxler : «Nous sommes encore la meilleure équipe»

Draxler deja en evidencia a la 'caverna madridista'

15 hours ago, SirBalon said:

1490963305604.jpg

Draxler: "Barcelona won because they deserved it"

The Madrid press cavern for days after the miraculous comeback by FC Barcelona where they turned around a 0-4 deficit at the Camp Nou to win 6-1 tried to downplay the situation and take merit away from Barça by making consistent front pages pointing to the referee.  Something that didn't occur anywhere else in Europe or the world where it was more eyes and mouth open at a historical football match that in the final ten minutes beat all viewing records worldwide for a sports event.

Julian Draxler in an interview for French newspaper "Le Parisien" amongst other things referring to Paris Saint-Germain also spoke about that terrible night for his team.  These are some of the quotes referring to the game which finished FC Barcelona 6-1 Paris Saint-Germain.

"We played a terrible game and on top of that we were playing against the best side in the world.  Certain refereeing decisions didn't help our cause, but us footballers know that when you lose in that manner, it's never the referee's fault.  A close scoreline can sometimes be looked upon as being decisive but never something like that."

"The other thing is that when you're on the field of play you get sensations and they become almost symptomatic and contagious.  We could see that the Barça players believed from the moment they came out of the tunnel and as the minutes went by we knew that they were going to make it impossible for us.  They believed in their ambition and they believed that they could score goals!"

"From then we became more and more defensive in that first half and we forgot that we should be going for the rival's goal to put them under pressure.  It's complicated to play against any top flight team when this happens but it's nigh on impossible if you create this mentality or let yourself be nervous against a team like Barcelona and on top of it all at the Camp Nou.  We just couldn't stop them from attacking us and we made it as difficult for them as possible by reducing spaces in between the lines but they just kept on varying it and even playing very unlike Barcelona tactics which confused our positioning."

"At 3-0 it was very difficult, but when Cavani scored for us to make it 3-1, we believed again and that released us a bit.  But a strange thing happened and their fans which were almost 100,000 just got even louder and to be honest we could feel it and slowly slowly we became nervous again which is incredible considering what they needed to do.  They attacked us from all areas and it was something we couldn't stop...  It felt frenetic and even the referee couldn't keep up because we couldn't either.  Only players like they have can do things like that and conceding 3 goals in 8 minutes is something that nobody could ever believe".

PSG. Julian Draxler : «Nous sommes encore la meilleure équipe»

Draxler deja en evidencia a la 'caverna madridista'

Great post SirBalon. Thank you. Still can't believe it happened.

Anyone that knows football knows that what happened on March 8th was truly historic. Barca did the impossible.

Barca may go on to lose La Liga but I do think we're destined to win the Champions League this season (shades of Chelsea 2012: can't believe I'm putting Chelsea and FC Barcelona in the same sentence!! I do respect them btw).

A "Cup Double" of Copa del Rey and the Champions League :-) Not too shabby.

Archived