Sign in to follow this  
Harvsky

Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

Harvsky    1,907

2nd leg, 7:45pm, Wednesday 8th March 2017

Match chat here.

Cicero    1,573

Reckon Barca will play a 3-4-3 tonight. If any team can overcome a 4 goal deficit, its them. 

SirBalon    1,679

For two weeks now the major talk has been a possible turnaround of the 4-0 defeat in Paris.  Obviously if any club in the world can do something like that (they've done it before) it's Barcelona especially at the Camp Nou.  But it ain't gonna happen!  I'm sure the players would've rather have conceded even one more goal (5) and have an away goal to take home.

All I want and I'm sure the Barça faithful are thinking the same thing, is that a great passionate showing from the players is given.  A good victory that shows that the result in Paris apart from a great display by PSG (which the Barcelona players all admitted), that it was an error.  A freak result in terms of the number of the goals.

Hopefully a good win.

True Blue    341

Barcelona takes a early lead, PSG got a player sent off and a penalty 2-0 for Barcelona HT. In the second half Barcelona scores another two and wins the tie on penalties.

You read it hear first.

Cicero    1,573

I don't think I've ever seen Barcelona in a competitive penalty shoot out in my life time. 

SirBalon    1,679
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I don't think I've ever seen Barcelona in a competitive penalty shoot out in my life time. 

I can only remember one to be honest and it was a big one.  I'm sure there have been others although right now they don't come to mind.

The one I remember was the 1986 European Cup Final (Champions League) against Steaua Bucharest where Barcelona were expected to destroy their rival and it went to penalties.  Every single Barça player missed their penalty in one way or another.

Cannabis    2,312
5 minutes ago, AndyGriff said:

I gotta feeling, Barcelona will turn it around!

Despite the score-line it would be naive to write Barcelona off. On their day they're the best team in the world and quite capable of scoring four past PSG at home.

Stan    2,887

I reckon Barca go up 3-0 on the night then concede a very late wonder-goal. 

...Dan    117
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Despite the score-line it would be naive to write Barcelona off. On their day they're the best team in the world and quite capable of scoring four past PSG at home.

Are they capable of keeping PSG out though? That's the big question. They're going to have to play a pretty attacking game and conceding one makes it a whole lot more difficult.

Mel81x    254

You cant write them off but its really all done and dusted here and the damage was done in the first leg. If PSG come out of the gates with the same kind of pack-hunting mentality they did in Paris then this game will be over before the half time whistle. Barcelona will have to produce something magical tonight and I don't think they will. Is everyone fit for this one?

Stan    2,887
13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You cant write them off but its really all done and dusted here and the damage was done in the first leg. If PSG come out of the gates with the same kind of pack-hunting mentality they did in Paris then this game will be over before the half time whistle. Barcelona will have to produce something magical tonight and I don't think they will. Is everyone fit for this one?

you basically wrote them off xD 

Mel81x    254
1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

you basically wrote them off xD 

I wrote them off after the first leg ;)

Eco    531

2 matches, and both teams that lost the first match have scored. I love this shit. 

Cannabis    2,312

Mathuidi booked, get them rattled lads :)

Why oh' why do I have to go and play football at 20:40?! This is shaping up to be a classic and like I've said all along Barcelona are not out of this if they can snatch an early goal. This is a team that on their day can be the best in the world, a come-back is not beyond these players.

Batard    722

No team has overturned such a deficit in the Champions league but even if Barca score 4, I still fancy PSG will get at least one 

Stan    2,887

brilliant persistence and determination from Iniesta! 2-0!

SirBalon    1,679

The problem still lies in the fact Barça weren't able to score the away goal in Paris. The longer it goes on the more Barça will push and PSG will be waiting just to counter. The only thing that can now play against those Parisien players is the nerves syndrome which they were really feeling in the final 5 minutes of the first half... Barça should've gotten a third then.

There was a penalty for PSG not given by the ref though. For me it was a pen but those ones aren't always given. 

Strange tactics from Emery, better approach would have been to get up the pitch and press high. A goal from PSG kills the game. I actually think Barca prefer teams that set up deep against them, it allows Busquets in particular to get in positions where he can dictate. 

The way the 1st leg went though means PSG have a lot of breathing space and that 1st leg may have ultimately won it for them.

It's one of those games where a sending off could decide which way this goes as well and I say this after there was a big penalty shout in the first period but let's hope the referee has a good game second half.

Stan    2,887

That had to be a penalty. How has the referee not given that straight away?!

Stan    2,887

GOAL MESSI! 3-0! Smashes the penalty in. one more....

Cicero    1,573
On 3/4/2017 at 8:50 AM, Cicero said:

The greatest European comeback Eva!!??

Haha are we witnessing history??? xD

Eco    531

haha - I'm not a Barca fan, but hope they pull this out. 

Stan    2,887

Cavani hits the post! Wow. Heart in mouth moment there for Barca.

True Blue    341

Well i predicted the penalty, you can't just come to Nou Camp when Barcelona is chasing a result and don't expect that. 

Eco    531
Just now, Cicero said:

Haha are we witnessing history??? xD

No offense, but this comeback will not beat Liverpool's over AC Milan. NOTHING

...Dan    117
10 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Strange tactics from Emery, better approach would have been to get up the pitch and press high. A goal from PSG kills the game. I actually think Barca prefer teams that set up deep against them, it allows Busquets in particular to get in positions where he can dictate. 

The way the 1st leg went though means PSG have a lot of breathing space and that 1st leg may have ultimately won it for them.

It's one of those games where a sending off could decide which way this goes as well and I say this after there was a big penalty shout in the first period but let's hope the referee has a good game second half.

Yep. They should've gone toe to toe with them. This is far too negative. It's going to take a massive shift of momentum for them to go through now. Barca look nailed on to win this.

True Blue    341
5 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

That had to be a penalty. How has the referee not given that straight away?!

What? he basically threw himself over the player who fell, pathetic decision.

Stan    2,887

Cavani goal! The all important away goal.

Barca now need 6 on the night. 

Cicero    1,573

Crucial goal for Cavani after hitting the post earlier. 

Game over me reckons