• Join one of the best football forums on the internet!

Join in on the discussion with fans from around the world. Signing up takes seconds!

We also have off-topic sections where you can discuss anything from your favourite music to whatever game you're currently playing.

Sign in to follow this  
Kitchen Sales

Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

Batard    598

As an contributor to this site I would like to say some of the officiaiting left a little to be desire.

But as a Marseille fan I'd like to say  to ... bwahahahahahahaha PSG couldn't happen to a more deserving herd of twats.

SirBalon    914
24 minutes ago, Batard said:

As an contributor to this site I would like to say some of the officiaiting left a little to be desire.

But as a Marseille fan I'd like to say  to ... bwahahahahahahaha PSG couldn't happen to a more deserving herd of twats.

Paris Saint-Germain really is a hated club in France isn't it. I have a cousin that was born and lives in Bordeaux (Girondins fan obviously) and he's always bitching about them on his Twitter and Facebook account. 

Batard    598
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Paris Saint-Germain really is a hated club in France isn't it. I have a cousin that was born and lives in Bordeaux (Girondins fan obviously) and he's always bitching about them on his Twitter and Facebook account. 

They were dogshit for years and the glory hunting parisians who sat around cafes quaffing espressos couldn't give a fuck about football. Then the takeover and the charisma less bin bags of shite masquerading around as fans all flock back in their droves. Detestable club with detestable fans.

Harry    141

I didn't watch this live so maybe I'll never get just what you guys have spoken about. But for me its hard to be excited about the outcome of this tie despite the dramatic fashion in which it came about. 

Great match and plenty of goals but more of the same predictable outcomes among a narrow bunch of teams that make the Champions League the diminishing spectacle that it is in my eyes relative to domestic league football.

Batard    598
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I didn't watch this live so maybe I'll never get just what you guys have spoken about. But for me its hard to be excited about the outcome of this tie despite the dramatic fashion in which it came about. 

Great match and plenty of goals but more of the same predictable outcomes among a narrow bunch of teams that make the Champions League the diminishing spectacle that it is in my eyes relative to domestic league football.

The Champions League is just a competition organsied by greedy Cunts in suits feeding money into established clubs with coffers already full of cash.

• Upvote 1

Harry    141

I don't want to be quite so harsh about it but i do wonder how much more competitive the various european leagues would be if the CL didn't exist...

Batard    598

I still believe the original European Cup format was superior to this aberration that exists to wank off corporate sponsors, feed the ego's and wallets of clubs and players alike. The group stages are more often than not just puerile and turgid shat. But of course we can't return to a 2 legged knock out competition because it would reduce revenue that UEFA makes from the combined powerful clubs playing a minimum of 6 group matches. Long and short of it is it'll get worse the more newer clubs join the fray. Personally I couldn't give a fook about the Champions League.

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2017 at 8:08 PM, Cannabis said:

Despite the score-line it would be naive to write Barcelona off. On their day they're the best team in the world and quite capable of scoring four past PSG at home.

I was right. I knew something special will come and my god Barcelona delivered in style.

Absolutely incredible, I can't believe what I witnessed if I'm honest.

Neymar really showed what he was about last night, stepped up and put the game on his shoulders when it was most needed. That's what you want to see from him and with age he is growing in this regard. The whole team worked hard last night and gave it their all, although he was the icing on the cake and the man who made the difference when it mattered and took the game by the scruff of the neck. Busquets was incredible also.

Enrique is a strange one. One minute you think he's messed everything up, then he turns it all around, even when it looks impossible. He's done this for 3 seasons straight now and this is why I said to Balon that you can't rule anything out. It's as if he wants to dig himself a big hole, then pull himself back out of it.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

SirBalon    914
23 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Neymar really showed what he was about last night, stepped up and put the game on his shoulders when it was most needed. That's what you want to see from him and with age he is growing in this regard.

Enriq

What's that finish mate?  Enriq?  Enriq what?

You more than anyone, more than me or more than even the most devout Culé in Barcelona that I know...  More than anyone, I was expecting something special.  Infact all day I've been refreshing this page waiting for a long post that I could read comfortably when I got home from work.

I am disappointed to say the least. :(xD

SirBalon    914
34 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Neymar really showed what he was about last night, stepped up and put the game on his shoulders when it was most needed. That's what you want to see from him and with age he is growing in this regard. The whole team worked hard last night and gave it their all, although he was the icing on the cake and the man who made the difference when it mattered and took the game by the scruff of the neck. Busquets was incredible also.

Enrique is a strange one. One minute you think he's messed everything up, then he turns it all around, even when it looks impossible. He's done this for 3 seasons straight now and this is why I said to Balon that you can't rule anything out. It's as if he wants to dig himself a big hole, then pull himself back out of it.

Just seen this edited version of the post....  Even that's not good enough! >:(

Luis Enrique is indeed a strange character.  Apart from the fact everything pisses him off and he's a hard man to live with (feel sorry for his wife and more so the players as he spends more time with them), he learns as he goes along.  But where he is different to one other I know, he does change what he got wrong completely and comes out with an answer.  Sometimes that answer doesn't work out (that's life), but you can visibly see it's a massive improvement.  I don't know what happens to him with initial interpretations of what's  required because first parts are mediocre and second parts are always awesome.  But he does need to sort that out.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's that finish mate?  Enriq?  Enriq what?

You more than anyone, more than me or more than even the most devout Culé in Barcelona that I know...  More than anyone, I was expecting something special.  Infact all day I've been refreshing this page waiting for a long post that I could read comfortably when I got home from work.

I am disappointed to say the least. :(xD

For some reason it submitted reply on its own while I was in the middle of my post(which I have completed now), although I don't have too much to say right now either way as I'm genuinely lost for words.

SirBalon    914
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

For some reason it submitted reply on its own while I was in the middle of my post(which I have completed now), although I don't have too much to say right now either way as I'm genuinely lost for words.

Well it's not enough because I want more.  I'm used to more! xD

Neymar was amazing!  Messi himself made him understand that within the match itself...  He gave Neymar the keys to the team and he took them without any remorse by handing out a reason to believe he is the real deal.

It was impossible for Barça to play the way they have always done because PSG had a great bunch of players out there and only fight was available for the Barcelona players, something Barça fans aren't accustomed to with them.  They're used to winning in other ways, other methods and not what was seen yesterday.  It doesn't really matter what happens now...  That beats ANYTHING for me. It's too exhausting to expect too much more.

Kitchen Sales    1,439

I thought the way the BT studio team were jumping up and down celebrating was a bit much. Calm down it's only Barcelona, they've won enough already.

It is a historic moment but as far as historic moments go I find this one the most predictable. If anyone was going to overturn 4 goals it was Barcelona at the Nou Camp. It doesn't have that shock feeling to me. 

Obviously it's epic for actual Barca fans.

Asura    118
2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I agree with you on Busquets mate, He is the joint MOTM for me along with Neymar. Good for barcelona that he is back from injury and finding his old form. Without him barca will struggle a lot

JOSHBRFC    87

I'm still not over last night.. imagine being there, it was mental xD

I went a bit crazy especially when they scored the winner. It was funny seeing the reactions in the TV studios. 

Greatest comeback in the competitions history, for me.

i watched all 3 games live and this beat Istanbul and 99 for me personally. 

Kowabunga    57

Although I think even the first penalty was debatable (a player should head towards the ball, not towards a bumbling body that happens to be around there), too much attention is being put on the referee. It was a blatant choking effort by PSG, of anyone not named Cavani or Verratti, that is.

SirBalon    914

Gary Linerker's son Harry Lineker  reacting to Sergi Roberto's  injury-time winner! O.oxD

Cicero    598
13 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I'm still not over last night.. imagine being there, it was mental xD

I went a bit crazy especially when they scored the winner. It was funny seeing the reactions in the TV studios. 

Greatest comeback in the competitions history, for me.

i watched all 3 games live and this beat Istanbul and 99 for me personally. 

To begin with, Barcelona needed 4 goals in 90 minutes whilst having no away goals to leverage on from the 1st leg.

PSG scores, leaving Barca to need 3 more goals in the space of 25 minutes. To which they left till after the 85th minute to need all three...

Disagree with anyone that claims Istanbul and Barcelona are greater comebacks than that. 

SirBalon    914
33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

To begin with, Barcelona needed 4 goals in 90 minutes whilst having no away goals to leverage on from the 1st leg.

PSG scores, leaving Barca to need 3 more goals in the space of 25 minutes. To which they left till after the 85th minute to need all three...

Disagree with anyone that claims Istanbul and Barcelona are greater comebacks than that. 

And the four goals they needed was just to take it to extra-time and another needed to win it or go to penalties.

I've never seen anything like it in my life and that isn't taking anything away from other great football feats.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:57 PM, Cicero said:

PSG had easily 3 or 4 chances to put the game to bed. Not much he can do. 

I personally thought it was naive from PSG, sit that deep, win the ball, then play their short passing game to get up the pitch? Firstly you allow Barcelona to play in your half and more importantly in the final third which is where they can control the game the best, it puts Busquets in his favourite positions, the short passing from PSG which starts from their low block also allows Barcelona to press high and win the ball back quickly, this is also made a lot easier because PSG were dreadful with the ball, how many times did Rabiot lose it by the way?

Cicero    598
10 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I personally thought it was naive from PSG, sit that deep, win the ball, then play their short passing game to get up the pitch? Firstly you allow Barcelona to play in your half and more importantly in the final third which is where they can control the game the best, it puts Busquets in his favourite positions, the short passing from PSG which starts from their low block also allows Barcelona to press high and win the ball back quickly, this is also made a lot easier because PSG were dreadful with the ball, how many times did Rabiot lose it by the way?

Rabiot shouldn't have even been on the pitch to begin with for a game like this. 

But like I stated, I don't nessesarily blame Emery as the players have let him down. Di Maria, Verratti, and Cavani all had chances to bury the game but bottled it. 

23 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I thought the way the BT studio team were jumping up and down celebrating was a bit much. Calm down it's only Barcelona, they've won enough already.

It is a historic moment but as far as historic moments go I find this one the most predictable. If anyone was going to overturn 4 goals it was Barcelona at the Nou Camp. It doesn't have that shock feeling to me. 

Obviously it's epic for actual Barca fans.

Are there actually any real ones on here?

2005 and 1999 are up there because they were finals. A recovery over 2 legs is also different from within the same game, but I suppose Cavani's goal did change things.

I suppose 1999 probably comes out top in terms of not being besmirched by cheating like the other two.

I'm a Patriots and FC Barcelona fan. I'm originally from the Boston area and have family in MA. Been a Barca fan since I was a kid.

The Barca comeback meant so much more to me than the Patriots comeback in the Super Bowl. 

Cannabis    1,326
14 minutes ago, Luis Suarez said:

I'm a Patriots and FC Barcelona fan. I'm originally from the Boston area and have family in MA. Been a Barca fan since I was a kid.

The Barca comeback meant so much more to me than the Patriots comeback in the Super Bowl. 

Welcome to the forum:). The comeback was truly remarkable and won't be replicated or beaten for many years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cannabis said:

Welcome to the forum:). The comeback was truly remarkable and won't be replicated or beaten for many years.

Thanks Cannabis. I used to be on the ole Total Football Forums. Thanks for directing me this way mate :) Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Stan    1,368
46 minutes ago, Luis Suarez said:

Thanks Cannabis. I used to be on the ole Total Football Forums. Thanks for directing me this way mate :) Cheers.

Welcome to TF365 :) 

What was your username on there?

Cannabis    1,326
14 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Welcome to TF365 :) 

What was your username on there?

He's "Kingsley Coman" I believe. He was quite active towards the back end of TFF's life-span :).

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's "Kingsley Coman" I believe. He was quite active towards the back end of TFF's life-span :).

Yep that's it. From Coman to Suarez :O) Movin' on up :-)

SirBalon    914

1490963305604.jpg

Draxler: "Barcelona won because they deserved it"

The Madrid press cavern for days after the miraculous comeback by FC Barcelona where they turned around a 0-4 deficit at the Camp Nou to win 6-1 tried to downplay the situation and take merit away from Barça by making consistent front pages pointing to the referee.  Something that didn't occur anywhere else in Europe or the world where it was more eyes and mouth open at a historical football match that in the final ten minutes beat all viewing records worldwide for a sports event.

Julian Draxler in an interview for French newspaper "Le Parisien" amongst other things referring to Paris Saint-Germain also spoke about that terrible night for his team.  These are some of the quotes referring to the game which finished FC Barcelona 6-1 Paris Saint-Germain.

"We played a terrible game and on top of that we were playing against the best side in the world.  Certain refereeing decisions didn't help our cause, but us footballers know that when you lose in that manner, it's never the referee's fault.  A close scoreline can sometimes be looked upon as being decisive but never something like that."

"The other thing is that when you're on the field of play you get sensations and they become almost symptomatic and contagious.  We could see that the Barça players believed from the moment they came out of the tunnel and as the minutes went by we knew that they were going to make it impossible for us.  They believed in their ambition and they believed that they could score goals!"

"From then we became more and more defensive in that first half and we forgot that we should be going for the rival's goal to put them under pressure.  It's complicated to play against any top flight team when this happens but it's nigh on impossible if you create this mentality or let yourself be nervous against a team like Barcelona and on top of it all at the Camp Nou.  We just couldn't stop them from attacking us and we made it as difficult for them as possible by reducing spaces in between the lines but they just kept on varying it and even playing very unlike Barcelona tactics which confused our positioning."

"At 3-0 it was very difficult, but when Cavani scored for us to make it 3-1, we believed again and that released us a bit.  But a strange thing happened and their fans which were almost 100,000 just got even louder and to be honest we could feel it and slowly slowly we became nervous again which is incredible considering what they needed to do.  They attacked us from all areas and it was something we couldn't stop...  It felt frenetic and even the referee couldn't keep up because we couldn't either.  Only players like they have can do things like that and conceding 3 goals in 8 minutes is something that nobody could ever believe".

PSG. Julian Draxler : «Nous sommes encore la meilleure équipe»

Draxler deja en evidencia a la 'caverna madridista'

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SirBalon said:

1490963305604.jpg

Draxler: "Barcelona won because they deserved it"

The Madrid press cavern for days after the miraculous comeback by FC Barcelona where they turned around a 0-4 deficit at the Camp Nou to win 6-1 tried to downplay the situation and take merit away from Barça by making consistent front pages pointing to the referee.  Something that didn't occur anywhere else in Europe or the world where it was more eyes and mouth open at a historical football match that in the final ten minutes beat all viewing records worldwide for a sports event.

Julian Draxler in an interview for French newspaper "Le Parisien" amongst other things referring to Paris Saint-Germain also spoke about that terrible night for his team.  These are some of the quotes referring to the game which finished FC Barcelona 6-1 Paris Saint-Germain.

"We played a terrible game and on top of that we were playing against the best side in the world.  Certain refereeing decisions didn't help our cause, but us footballers know that when you lose in that manner, it's never the referee's fault.  A close scoreline can sometimes be looked upon as being decisive but never something like that."

"The other thing is that when you're on the field of play you get sensations and they become almost symptomatic and contagious.  We could see that the Barça players believed from the moment they came out of the tunnel and as the minutes went by we knew that they were going to make it impossible for us.  They believed in their ambition and they believed that they could score goals!"

"From then we became more and more defensive in that first half and we forgot that we should be going for the rival's goal to put them under pressure.  It's complicated to play against any top flight team when this happens but it's nigh on impossible if you create this mentality or let yourself be nervous against a team like Barcelona and on top of it all at the Camp Nou.  We just couldn't stop them from attacking us and we made it as difficult for them as possible by reducing spaces in between the lines but they just kept on varying it and even playing very unlike Barcelona tactics which confused our positioning."

"At 3-0 it was very difficult, but when Cavani scored for us to make it 3-1, we believed again and that released us a bit.  But a strange thing happened and their fans which were almost 100,000 just got even louder and to be honest we could feel it and slowly slowly we became nervous again which is incredible considering what they needed to do.  They attacked us from all areas and it was something we couldn't stop...  It felt frenetic and even the referee couldn't keep up because we couldn't either.  Only players like they have can do things like that and conceding 3 goals in 8 minutes is something that nobody could ever believe".

PSG. Julian Draxler : «Nous sommes encore la meilleure équipe»

Draxler deja en evidencia a la 'caverna madridista'

Great post SirBalon. Thank you. Still can't believe it happened.

Anyone that knows football knows that what happened on March 8th was truly historic. Barca did the impossible.

Barca may go on to lose La Liga but I do think we're destined to win the Champions League this season (shades of Chelsea 2012: can't believe I'm putting Chelsea and FC Barcelona in the same sentence!! I do respect them btw).

A "Cup Double" of Copa del Rey and the Champions League :-) Not too shabby.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this