talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Emery brought this onto PSG, can't quite believe the tactical naivety tonight especially for a manager with his experience and attributes.

PSG had easily 3 or 4 chances to put the game to bed. Not much he can do. 

A little random thing from my time being a referee. I don't know if the rules differ slightly by competition and if there's someone really glued up on the rules of the game that can correct me here but technically Neymar's penalty should have been retaken. Not that this could have massively affected the outcome of the game or anything but it's just a random note. I remember playing eleven a side a while back and to see the shock on some of the players' faces when a referee asked for a penalty to be retaken for infringement and encroachment in the box.

When Neymar strikes the penalty, Mascherano and two PSG players are well inside the box, one PSG player is basically up Neymar's ass when he hits the penalty. There's a lot of little rules that are amusingly not known by even the most avid football fans and like I say I'm only aware of some of them because I was a referee.

Chart for those interested. xD Like I mentioned, Mascherano and two PSG players are in the box, Neymar scores the penalty. Hence it should be retaken. Not a massive issue especially considering there were other big decisions and refereeing incidents but it's true nevertheless. There's also more pressure if you have to retake a penalty I guess as well.

As you can see, there's the possibility that if a opposition player misses a penalty but one of your teammates has gone into the box it has to be retaken. Maybe this is common knowledge to most of you, I don't know. xD 

Image result for penalty kick laws encroachment

" Offside goal allowed, two blatant dives that resulted in penalties and two handballs with no infraction. And people are calling it the greatest match in the history of football. I need hard drugs right now to get this off my mind. "

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

This is like saying Frances 3-0 comeback against Ukraine was any good.

• Subscriber

PSG, sigh, who gives away a 5 goal lead to anyone even Barcelona. This team didn't have the same control it did in the first leg and Cavani really should find a way to close out goals because if he had put in the one that hit the post this would have all been over. 

• Subscriber

This is where technology needs to start becoming more prominent in games especially when it comes to knockouts or anything leading up to a final. If the ref didn't see it, and thats a big if, the technology would have helped firm the decision and the player gets a card for a simulation. Thinking about post match punishment is okay for some cases but here its a clear dive and sadly nothing will happen to make it right for the other team.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This is where technology needs to start becoming more prominent in games especially when it comes to knockouts or anything leading up to a final. If the ref didn't see it, and thats a big if, the technology would have helped firm the decision and the player gets a card for a simulation. Thinking about post match punishment is okay for some cases but here its a clear dive and sadly nothing will happen to make it right for the other team.

I rate Suarez as perhaps the best striker in the world, but he dived at least 10 times last night: He should have been sent off for it and for the constant complaining for not being gifted penalties.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, True Blue said:

I rate Suarez as perhaps the best striker in the world, but he dived at least 10 times last night: He should have been sent off for it and for the constant complaining for not being gifted penalties.

you'd be hard pressed to find many top strikers who don't try and run the game in their favor and thats only the start of the issue. The problems with simulation are that there are no real active ways to stop it other than the ref giving a card out or his assistant pointing it out. Sometimes everyone is in such a bad position to take a call on it and so they just go with the attacker or defender depending on their mood at the moment.

I won't argue that the human element is a great part of the game which sparks discussions like the one we're having now but when another team has been wronged by a bad decision who should take the punishment? I think its both the ref and the player but we won't see either happen anytime soon. Refs are nearly untouchable and what are you going to do in this instance? Give Suarez a fine and leave it at that? A team got knocked out because of a bad decision and whether its a Champions League game or the fifth division in some no-name league its still a decision that is wrong. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

A little random thing from my time being a referee. I don't know if the rules differ slightly by competition and if there's someone really glued up on the rules of the game that can correct me here but technically Neymar's penalty should have been retaken. Not that this could have massively affected the outcome of the game or anything but it's just a random note. I remember playing eleven a side a while back and to see the shock on some of the players' faces when a referee asked for a penalty to be retaken for infringement and encroachment in the box.

When Neymar strikes the penalty, Mascherano and two PSG players are well inside the box, one PSG player is basically up Neymar's ass when he hits the penalty. There's a lot of little rules that are amusingly not known by even the most avid football fans and like I say I'm only aware of some of them because I was a referee.

Chart for those interested. xD Like I mentioned, Mascherano and two PSG players are in the box, Neymar scores the penalty. Hence it should be retaken. Not a massive issue especially considering there were other big decisions and refereeing incidents but it's true nevertheless. There's also more pressure if you have to retake a penalty I guess as well.

As you can see, there's the possibility that if a opposition player misses a penalty but one of your teammates has gone into the box it has to be retaken. Maybe this is common knowledge to most of you, I don't know. xD 

Image result for penalty kick laws encroachment

Mate, this happens in pretty much every single game! I don't think it was just last night that it happens and it definitely wasn't the worst case of it.

After the 4-0 at the Parc des Princes in Paris, Adrien Rabiot (with Kurzawa)

posted this on his Instagram account celebrating.

So Neymar posted this last night... Saying that Rabiot didn't know how to count as he had missed his teammate's 2...  + 4 = 6 xD

img_xdiezn_20170309-002922_imagenes_md_o

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

After the 4-0 at the Parc des Princes in Paris, Adrien Rabiot (with Kurzawa)

posted this on his Instagram account celebrating.

So Neymar posted this last night... Saying that Rabiot didn't know how to count as he had missed his teammate's 2...  + 4 = 6 xD

img_xdiezn_20170309-002922_imagenes_md_o

this reminds me of Arsenal when the beat us last February....

Image result for arsenal leicester selfie

Or...

Image result for kane vardy lion

:D 

10 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I like to think Messi handed the pen to Neymar because he knew it was immoral to take it when it was an incorrect decision...or he bottled it.

As long as we hear a total shut down of the usual suspects bitching and moaning about other clubs get decision I can put up with the fanfare about this result, but you won't see a team get more dubious decisions in one game. I can accept the referee/officials just had an absolute nightmare and buckled under pressure of fans/big stage etc. It doesn't absolve PSG or diminish Barcelona, PSG should not have been in that position.

It's now come to light why he (Messi) gave the penalty to Neymar.

Neymar told all in the press room after the game with this;

"In the final 10 to 15 minutes Leo told me to take all the free kicks from that moment on because he said I was playing the game of my life and that if anybody was going to change anything that it was me who could do it"

Hence why Neymar took that penalty and why every free kick was taken by Neymar as he took the team on his shoulders from that moment on.  Infact it was him who played a sublime ball for Sergi Roberto to score the all important winner.

• Subscriber

Still waiting for Balon to come out with the outrage at the ridiculous penalty giving to Suarez and the awful officiating.

Barca gifted the win, as great a comeback as it was, haven't heard anything from him though. Of course it's Real that get all the decisions...

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Still waiting for Balon to come out with the outrage at the ridiculous penalty giving to Suarez and the awful officiating.

Barca gifted the win, as great a comeback as it was, haven't heard anything from him though. Of course it's Real that get all the decisions...

Real gets the decisions and the draws.  

By the way...  The 100% penalty on Neymar where a PSG player decides to trip the Brazilian WITH HIS HEAD wasn't actually given by the ref who was in a perfect position to see the whole story.

It was infact a man doing a job that in the Arsenal game wasn't done properly probably said to the ref... "Don't be an animal mate...  That was a penalty!"

The ref made mistakes on both ends.  He wasn't good but Barça won because that's how it occurred.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Real gets the decisions and the draws.  

By the way...  The 100% penalty on Neymar where a PSG player decides to trip the Brazilian WITH HIS HEAD wasn't actually given by the ref who was in a perfect position to see the whole story.

It was infact a man doing a job that in the Arsenal game wasn't done properly probably said to the ref... "Don't be an animal mate...  That was a penalty!"

The ref made mistakes on both ends.  He wasn't good but Barça won because that's how it occurred.

Still waiting for you to come out against the shocking dive by Suarez and the ref's decision to fall for it... I mean that's what you said you'd do after the Lewandowski one the night before. This is 100x worse as a dive but seems to have been ignored?

Archived