talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Still waiting for you to come out against the shocking dive by Suarez and the ref's decision to fall for it... I mean that's what you said you'd do after the Lewandowski one the night before. This is 100x worse as a dive but seems to have been ignored?

There's a lot of posts in this thread and I don't blame you for not going through all of them.  But I already said that wasn't a pen and it was very dubious.  I also said in my half-time comment that PSG had had a definite penalty not given (Mascherano handball on the ground).  But after the game an ex-ref even said that one wasn't a penalty for PSG because the rules state that any player where the ball hits his hand while his hand is on support in the ground isn't a foul.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

As an contributor to this site I would like to say some of the officiaiting left a little to be desire.

But as a Marseille fan I'd like to say  to ... bwahahahahahahaha PSG couldn't happen to a more deserving herd of twats.

24 minutes ago, Batard said:

As an contributor to this site I would like to say some of the officiaiting left a little to be desire.

But as a Marseille fan I'd like to say  to ... bwahahahahahahaha PSG couldn't happen to a more deserving herd of twats.

Paris Saint-Germain really is a hated club in France isn't it. I have a cousin that was born and lives in Bordeaux (Girondins fan obviously) and he's always bitching about them on his Twitter and Facebook account. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Paris Saint-Germain really is a hated club in France isn't it. I have a cousin that was born and lives in Bordeaux (Girondins fan obviously) and he's always bitching about them on his Twitter and Facebook account. 

They were dogshit for years and the glory hunting parisians who sat around cafes quaffing espressos couldn't give a fuck about football. Then the takeover and the charisma less bin bags of shite masquerading around as fans all flock back in their droves. Detestable club with detestable fans.

I didn't watch this live so maybe I'll never get just what you guys have spoken about. But for me its hard to be excited about the outcome of this tie despite the dramatic fashion in which it came about. 

Great match and plenty of goals but more of the same predictable outcomes among a narrow bunch of teams that make the Champions League the diminishing spectacle that it is in my eyes relative to domestic league football.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I didn't watch this live so maybe I'll never get just what you guys have spoken about. But for me its hard to be excited about the outcome of this tie despite the dramatic fashion in which it came about. 

Great match and plenty of goals but more of the same predictable outcomes among a narrow bunch of teams that make the Champions League the diminishing spectacle that it is in my eyes relative to domestic league football.

The Champions League is just a competition organsied by greedy Cunts in suits feeding money into established clubs with coffers already full of cash.

• Administrator

I still believe the original European Cup format was superior to this aberration that exists to wank off corporate sponsors, feed the ego's and wallets of clubs and players alike. The group stages are more often than not just puerile and turgid shat. But of course we can't return to a 2 legged knock out competition because it would reduce revenue that UEFA makes from the combined powerful clubs playing a minimum of 6 group matches. Long and short of it is it'll get worse the more newer clubs join the fray. Personally I couldn't give a fook about the Champions League.

On 3/8/2017 at 8:08 PM, Cannabis said:

Despite the score-line it would be naive to write Barcelona off. On their day they're the best team in the world and quite capable of scoring four past PSG at home.

I was right. I knew something special will come and my god Barcelona delivered in style.

Absolutely incredible, I can't believe what I witnessed if I'm honest.

Neymar really showed what he was about last night, stepped up and put the game on his shoulders when it was most needed. That's what you want to see from him and with age he is growing in this regard. The whole team worked hard last night and gave it their all, although he was the icing on the cake and the man who made the difference when it mattered and took the game by the scruff of the neck. Busquets was incredible also.

Enrique is a strange one. One minute you think he's messed everything up, then he turns it all around, even when it looks impossible. He's done this for 3 seasons straight now and this is why I said to Balon that you can't rule anything out. It's as if he wants to dig himself a big hole, then pull himself back out of it.

23 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Neymar really showed what he was about last night, stepped up and put the game on his shoulders when it was most needed. That's what you want to see from him and with age he is growing in this regard.

Enriq

What's that finish mate?  Enriq?  Enriq what?

You more than anyone, more than me or more than even the most devout Culé in Barcelona that I know...  More than anyone, I was expecting something special.  Infact all day I've been refreshing this page waiting for a long post that I could read comfortably when I got home from work.

I am disappointed to say the least. :(xD

34 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Neymar really showed what he was about last night, stepped up and put the game on his shoulders when it was most needed. That's what you want to see from him and with age he is growing in this regard. The whole team worked hard last night and gave it their all, although he was the icing on the cake and the man who made the difference when it mattered and took the game by the scruff of the neck. Busquets was incredible also.

Enrique is a strange one. One minute you think he's messed everything up, then he turns it all around, even when it looks impossible. He's done this for 3 seasons straight now and this is why I said to Balon that you can't rule anything out. It's as if he wants to dig himself a big hole, then pull himself back out of it.

Just seen this edited version of the post....  Even that's not good enough! >:(

Luis Enrique is indeed a strange character.  Apart from the fact everything pisses him off and he's a hard man to live with (feel sorry for his wife and more so the players as he spends more time with them), he learns as he goes along.  But where he is different to one other I know, he does change what he got wrong completely and comes out with an answer.  Sometimes that answer doesn't work out (that's life), but you can visibly see it's a massive improvement.  I don't know what happens to him with initial interpretations of what's  required because first parts are mediocre and second parts are always awesome.  But he does need to sort that out.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's that finish mate?  Enriq?  Enriq what?

You more than anyone, more than me or more than even the most devout Culé in Barcelona that I know...  More than anyone, I was expecting something special.  Infact all day I've been refreshing this page waiting for a long post that I could read comfortably when I got home from work.

I am disappointed to say the least. :(xD

For some reason it submitted reply on its own while I was in the middle of my post(which I have completed now), although I don't have too much to say right now either way as I'm genuinely lost for words.

5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

For some reason it submitted reply on its own while I was in the middle of my post(which I have completed now), although I don't have too much to say right now either way as I'm genuinely lost for words.

Well it's not enough because I want more.  I'm used to more! xD

Neymar was amazing!  Messi himself made him understand that within the match itself...  He gave Neymar the keys to the team and he took them without any remorse by handing out a reason to believe he is the real deal.

It was impossible for Barça to play the way they have always done because PSG had a great bunch of players out there and only fight was available for the Barcelona players, something Barça fans aren't accustomed to with them.  They're used to winning in other ways, other methods and not what was seen yesterday.  It doesn't really matter what happens now...  That beats ANYTHING for me. It's too exhausting to expect too much more.

I thought the way the BT studio team were jumping up and down celebrating was a bit much. Calm down it's only Barcelona, they've won enough already.

It is a historic moment but as far as historic moments go I find this one the most predictable. If anyone was going to overturn 4 goals it was Barcelona at the Nou Camp. It doesn't have that shock feeling to me. 

Obviously it's epic for actual Barca fans.

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I agree with you on Busquets mate, He is the joint MOTM for me along with Neymar. Good for barcelona that he is back from injury and finding his old form. Without him barca will struggle a lot

• Subscriber

I'm still not over last night.. imagine being there, it was mental xD

I went a bit crazy especially when they scored the winner. It was funny seeing the reactions in the TV studios. 

Greatest comeback in the competitions history, for me.

i watched all 3 games live and this beat Istanbul and 99 for me personally. 

Although I think even the first penalty was debatable (a player should head towards the ball, not towards a bumbling body that happens to be around there), too much attention is being put on the referee. It was a blatant choking effort by PSG, of anyone not named Cavani or Verratti, that is.

13 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I'm still not over last night.. imagine being there, it was mental xD

I went a bit crazy especially when they scored the winner. It was funny seeing the reactions in the TV studios. 

Greatest comeback in the competitions history, for me.

i watched all 3 games live and this beat Istanbul and 99 for me personally. 

To begin with, Barcelona needed 4 goals in 90 minutes whilst having no away goals to leverage on from the 1st leg.

PSG scores, leaving Barca to need 3 more goals in the space of 25 minutes. To which they left till after the 85th minute to need all three...

Disagree with anyone that claims Istanbul and Barcelona are greater comebacks than that. 

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

To begin with, Barcelona needed 4 goals in 90 minutes whilst having no away goals to leverage on from the 1st leg.

PSG scores, leaving Barca to need 3 more goals in the space of 25 minutes. To which they left till after the 85th minute to need all three...

Disagree with anyone that claims Istanbul and Barcelona are greater comebacks than that. 

And the four goals they needed was just to take it to extra-time and another needed to win it or go to penalties.

I've never seen anything like it in my life and that isn't taking anything away from other great football feats.

Archived