talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Signing Of The Season

51 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That's not really Xhaka's fault although I can see what you're saying. 

Is it me making things up or did Xhaka actually start well before going shite? I know it's not a good barometer to use but I'm sure the regulars on AFTV were rimming him when he first came to the club. 

It isnt Xhakas fault it is Wengers and he persists with him everytime, he gets dominated in midfield nearly every game.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's good in possession, not so good out of it. He's more of a deep lying playmaker than a defensive midfielder. People not knowing how to categorise him doesn't mean he's been terrible as he really hasn't.

Zaza was only a loan but he was woeful in his short time. Calleri has been poor too. As have Pogba and lately, Mustafi. I can't say Musa cos he turned into peak Messi to knock is out the cup :censored:

Sissoko takes the biscuit though, what a bullet dodged that was! 

Zaza has been mentioned a few times, but I feel sorry for him based on the hilarious deal West Ham agreed to.

Loan at a cost of £4m, with a requirement to pay £20m outright as soon as he makes 14 appearances.

Not one aspect of that deal represents a good deal for West Ham and it must have put Zaza under ridiculous pressure to perform right away. Hardly anyone makes an impact within their first 10 games in a new league! 

He's without a doubt the worst signing, simply on the terms of the agreement. Juventus must have pissed themselves when West Ham agreed.

3 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Zaza has been mentioned a few times, but I feel sorry for him based on the hilarious deal West Ham agreed to.

Loan at a cost of £4m, with a requirement to pay £20m outright as soon as he makes 14 appearances.

Not one aspect of that deal represents a good deal for West Ham and it must have put Zaza under ridiculous pressure to perform right away. Hardly anyone makes an impact within their first 10 games in a new league! 

He's without a doubt the worst signing, simply on the terms of the agreement. Juventus must have pissed themselves when West Ham agreed.

It's made worse by how he is now Valencia's best player. Simply not cut out for the style of football West Ham was playing.

7 minutes ago, Mazzari said:

It's made worse by how he is now Valencia's best player. Simply not cut out for the style of football West Ham was playing.

He's not exactly Valencia's best player by a stretch but he is doing well in the attacking sense.

14 hours ago, SirBalon said:

We NEEDED a defensive midfielder, a leader in midfield and an allround top quality player that marshalled those two lines between the defence and the midfield.  We've needed that for quite a number of years now and it was well documented in the media as well as so many debates before Xhaka was signed in the other forum we've all just left.

You do realise there's not many of them around that would be available, right?

Xhaka was doomed when Wenger said in a press conference that he can't tackle. Why would Wenger sanction the spending of that much money on a midfielder that has predominantly been signed to add grit and determination in midfield that can't tackle?

Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

You do realise there's not many of them around that would be available, right?

Xhaka was doomed when Wenger said in a press conference that he can't tackle. Why would Wenger sanction the spending of that much money on a midfielder that has predominantly been signed to add grit and determination in midfield that can't tackle?

I have no idea but that makes it all sound like even more of a mess and why the structure is wrong at Arsenal.

Zaza did well in Italy due to being more of an 'English centre forward' than the usual strikers. Take him to England and he loses what was special about him.

James Horncastle and other Italian football pundits predicted he'd struggle in England due to this and they turned out to be correct.

Any bundesliga fan could have told you Xhaka was a midfield thug with a touch of class. Some nice passing and looks good when your team has posession(though not good enough to warrant a move to Arsenal) Off the ball he turns into a shithouse copy of Nigel De Jong.

Sort of player a Stoke or Swansea might buy for 10-15 mil.

Archived