Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I always think when we go here something goes wrong with our setup and we end up drawing or worse, losing. This United team are going through a patch right now but that never stops them from pulling whatever rabbit they have in their hat to a put spanner in the works. This is one of those must win games for us and I hope we walk away with a win here because that just keeps the pressure on City to perform because Everton won't do us any favors there.

• Administrator

Van Dijk - great season, one of the best centre-backs in the league, probably not even at his peak yet, all-round rock-solid defender.

Lukaku - absolute donkey, shit first touch, a poor-mans Ade Akinbiyi.

What does this point to? Lukaku hat-trick and Van Dijk sent off early doors. 

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Call me crazy, but I expect a Liverpool thrashing. 

I'm expecting that too and as far as I'm concerned that sensation the clash pulls off is far more important than whatever the result could ever be, even in a ridiculous case scenario that it went Pete-tong for Liverpool and we got an unexpected (emphasis on unexpected) high scoring result for Man Utd.  That in itself would only serve as a momentary banter upmanship for the Utd fans for a brief time.

Manchester United's decadence is so profound that nothing odd positive moments offer can mend a sentiment of total uncertainty and indifference.  If I were a United fan I'd be bored and finding more interest on building card structures in the living room coffee table than tuning into a Manchester United game.

The game will be in every sense all about how Liverpool approach it on the the day which will determine if we get humiliation or not. 

The fundamental question is... If Manchester United were to get humiliated in a game that is seen the world over as the biggest clash of the season for both clubs (traditionally), would this infact final straw and subsequently see Mourinho sacked.

What's for sure is that whatever the back-stop arguments on a lack of activity in last summer's transfer market, the team that is available for any coach demands better results and ultimately BETTER FOOTBALL!

• Administrator
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

This is on Sky isn't it, not BT?

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah the Sunday late games are always on Sky

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Thought so. Was just wondering why @Stan had it down as on BT :what::ph34r:

Don't even know what you reprobates are on about. There's no error. There never was. Figments of your imagination making you crazy.

:ph34r: 

I’m always nervous for this one. I don’t care what kind of form we’re in or they’re in, they’re always well up for this match. And Klopp’s said it’s either going to be Milner or Clyne at right back. Not having TAA and Gomez, who have been a big part of our defense which has been excellent this year, is a big blow too which might damage the squads confidence and give United some confidence.

But I want to see the current form continue. Hopefully Keita or Shaqiri start so we get some nice runs from the centre and try to take the game to them, grab an early goal and then counter attacking the rest of the match.

26 minutes ago, José said:

Let's see what excuses Klopp has in store. Fully expect Don Mou to set up another defensive masterclass to shutdown that front three ONCE AGAIN and our lethal counter will win it. 

JUST WIN UNITED, JUST FUCKING WIN!!!!! 

How is 10 men behind the ball at all times a masterclass? xD What next, Fat Sam and Pullis as super managers?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m always nervous for this one. I don’t care what kind of form we’re in or they’re in, they’re always well up for this match. And Klopp’s said it’s either going to be Milner or Clyne at right back. Not having TAA and Gomez, who have been a big part of our defense which has been excellent this year, is a big blow too which might damage the squads confidence and give United some confidence.

But I want to see the current form continue. Hopefully Keita or Shaqiri start so we get some nice runs from the centre and try to take the game to them, grab an early goal and then counter attacking the rest of the match.

I think I'd rather Milner here

13 minutes ago, José said:

FOUR OUT OF SIX POINTS VERSUS THE SO CALLED BEST FRONT THREE. that's what makes it masterclass bobo. Great managers like Mou and Zidane know how to win games in multiple ways, poor managers like Klopp cannot win games once Option A is shutdown because he is poor at changing tactics during the game. 

Mourinho's plan B is - Lump it up to Felliani xD

Total masterclass to be 16 points behind us with a 26 goal difference in our favour at this point of the season.

I don't think any Utd manager has achieved that since the 80's :rofl:

Big Don Mou - player throwing, bus parking, Felliani loving berk. 

26 minutes ago, José said:

FOUR OUT OF SIX POINTS VERSUS THE SO CALLED BEST FRONT THREE. that's what makes it masterclass bobo. Great managers like Mou and Zidane know how to win games in multiple ways, poor managers like Klopp cannot win games once Option A is shutdown because he is poor at changing tactics during the game. 

Quick question, has Klopp finally won a trophy with Liverpool yet? Surely his super squad had accomplished what Mou's squad did in it's first year. :ay:memories of playing beautiful is the only legacy Klopp Will leave behind! 

Your fucking 16 points behind them. With a minus goal difference. You are the only utd fan I know happy with mourinho

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I think I'd rather Milner here

At right back? I agree - he's match fit, he's put in a performance at right back recently and looked good. The worry is Rashford's pace vs his old legs after a midweek match against a good opponent... but I think it'd be worse to throw Clyne back out there, he's probably nowhere near match fit.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

At right back? I agree - he's match fit, he's put in a performance at right back recently and looked good. The worry is Rashford's pace vs his old legs after a midweek match against a good opponent... but I think it'd be worse to throw Clyne back out there, he's probably nowhere near match fit.

Yeah at right back. I agree about Clyne's lack of match fitness but also because Milner is going to offer more on the ball. The full backs could be important in breaking them down on Sunday

4 minutes ago, José said:

Again, I would be all aboard getting rid of Mourinho if he was failing even with the support of the board, the only one that needs to be gone it's Woodward 

I agree. I think Mourinho should stay at Utd for many seasons to come :D

13 minutes ago, José said:

Again, I would be all aboard getting rid of Mourinho if he was failing even with the support of the board, the only one that needs to be gone it's Woodward 

Hes had enough resources to be doing better than he is.doing Eric

14 minutes ago, José said:

Board’s backed him better than Poch’s been backed at Spurs though. And he’s a manager that can defend well without committing to defending with 10 men.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd - Sunday 16th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived