The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd - Sunday 16th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

We (United) have 5 easy games so some of the media mob reckon before we face Spurs at Wembley...

Cardiff v United

United v Huddersfield

United v Bournemouth

Newcastle v United

United v Reading FA Cup

I could not as a United fan put my hand on my heart and say we should win one of those games, the way Jose is fucking the team around with all the crazy team lineups is getting beyond a bloody joke, after those 4 games we could be staring relegation in the face and yet Jose has come out saying this crap...

I know they're not your words but for United, there are no easy games, at all. Very naive of whoever is saying that in the media.

Cardiff will be testing, as will Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Word on Clyne. Never been his greatest fan but to come in after ages out and only played once this season and put a shift in like that was great. Made a couple of mistakes and got beaten too easily a couple of times but apart from that he was solid

Obviously the Boring One has to go but that is just the tip of the iceberg. I wasn't surprised at all to hear that story about Mourinho being forced to sign Pogba for commercial reasons because that is all the club is to the Glazers, a money making cash cow. They employ an incomopetent, clueless clown to make signings who have literally all been well below what United should be signing who I wouldn't trust to run a bath and they're absolutely loving having Mourinho in charge to take the flak. I bet the Mourinho v Pogba soap opera made their day as it stops the fans targetting the real cancer at the club - those money hungry Glazers.

They've not paid a penny towards ownership of the club and no real fan cares how many shirts we sell in China when the money goes towards the Glazers ownership and signing big fat lumps of shite (Lukaku) and players with zero character or mental strength (Pogba). 

The worst part of all about the Mourinho situation is that it was all so predictable. He's always been overrated but he's never been as exposed as he is right now. The club is too big for him. Maybe he should try and manage Maritimo or someone more his level.

Fair play to the scousers though. They made a great appointment in Klopp and it sickens me to see how they've progressed over the last 12 months in particular. Liverpool (Klopp) and Citeh (Guardiola) going for the title playing decent footy while we watch the worst United manager and players since probably before Busby was appointed is a bitter pill to swallow indeed

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Inverted said:

De Gea makes the exact same error for Shaqiri's first goal as Alisson did for Lingard's, and yet this forum will only make jokes about Alisson whilst rimming De Gea.

The Sky sports magic is truly at work in here.

Eh? De Gea has to save with his feet because a cross takes a deflection. 

Alisson meanwhile fumbles a cross and it lays directly at the feet of Lingard when it should have been an easy catch. 

Nothing to do with Sky Sports or any kind of agenda. Foolish if you think that. 

Billiant performance and result and i won a lot of money on 3-1 😁 Really impressed by Fabinho he could be the type of midfielder we've lacked over the last couple of years, He can pick a pass and looks very good defensively. Hopefully his bedding in process is over and he starts putting in performances like that regularly. He was brilliant today and its not a bad game for him to put on a showing like that.

7 hours ago, Inverted said:

De Gea makes the exact same error for Shaqiri's first goal as Alisson did for Lingard's, and yet this forum will only make jokes about Alisson whilst rimming De Gea.

The Sky sports magic is truly at work in here.

Not sure if you’re even going to get Liverpool fans agreeing with you on that one. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, I've just watched the game back and De Gea isn't at fault for any of our goals. 

I also didn't realise watching it live just what a pasting we actually gave Utd. 

Couldn't believe it when I saw 36 attempts had been made by Liverpool. You just don't get that volume these days, let alone a side that is known currently as being defensive-minded.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Couldn't believe it when I saw 36 attempts had been made by Liverpool. You just don't get that volume these days, let alone a side that is known currently as being defensive-minded.

Yeah me neither mate. We had more attempts at goal than they have league points ffs xD

I think when you look at that line up yesterday, only one player could genuinely challenge to get in the great United side of the late 90's, early naughties. And he has no defence to help him out.

So one World Class talent, two or three 'good' players at their disposal, the rest average that would fit in at clubs lower than United in the football pyramid. 

Says it all that United have lost to Liverpool, City, Spurs and only drew against Chelsea and Arsenal. They don't have the weapons anymore.

24 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think when you look at that line up yesterday, only one player could genuinely challenge to get in the great United side of the late 90's, early naughties. And he has no defence to help him out.

So one World Class talent, two or three 'good' players at their disposal, the rest average that would fit in at clubs lower than United in the football pyramid. 

Says it all that United have lost to Liverpool, City, Spurs and only drew against Chelsea and Arsenal. They don't have the weapons anymore.

Yeah, for the first time in God knows how long we can say with all honesty that not one single outfield player from Utd would get into this Liverpool team, in fact most of their first 11 wouldn't even get on our bench. 

Just shows how far they have fallen. 

Liverpool have a massive beast in the shape of Man City to supersede in the table.  If Liverpool were to win this title it would easily be one of the most valuable English league titles in many many years!  For me since Arsenal beat Liverpool themselves in 1989 in the last game of the season by 0-2 at Anfield.  That Liverpool side was tremendous but this Man City side within the English game is even better.

34 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

All be worthless if there's no success as a result of it, when the situation was in reverse 20 years ago Manchester United were picking up league title after league title.

Come on, you're not that daft to not realise the monster we are up against in Manchester City. 20 years ago Utd basically had no competition barring probably Arsenal. Chelsea were shite, City were shite, Spurs were shite and we were shite. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Come on, you're not that daft to not realise the monster we are up against in Manchester City. 20 years ago Utd basically had no competition barring probably Arsenal. Chelsea were shite, City were shite, Spurs were shite and we were shite. 

No doubt Manchester City are possibly an all time great side, from any country and you'd do exceptionally well to top them. Still doesn't change the fact that being better than your rivals is little consolation if you don't turn it into trophies, especially a club the size of Liverpool.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No doubt Manchester City are possibly an all time great side, from any country and you'd do exceptionally well to top them. Still doesn't change the fact that being better than your rivals is little consolation if you don't turn it into trophies, especially a club the size of Liverpool.

Gotta agree with this.

Even more so considering Liverpool have gone so long without a title whereas Man Utd capitalised on their dominance in the 90s by adding many trophies.

It is one (good) thing being better than rivals. It's another (better thing) going a bit further and having some silverware to show for it.

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think we are doing an exceptional job just keeping up with this relentless City side, never mind leading them. 

Its disappointing that our best side in decades has come up against a peak City but I don't think you can judge us as failures if we marginally miss out. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think we are doing an exceptional job just keeping up with this relentless City side, never mind leading them. 

Its disappointing that our best side in decades has come up against a peak City but I don't think you can judge us as failures if we marginally miss out. 

There are other trophies than just the league. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived