The better place to talk football.

How "big" is the team above?

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

if that's what Google says...

I remember hearing somewhere that Everton de Viña is the original and St Domingo renamed after a tour in Chile. Probably not true though, something I'll have to look more into but it wouldn't entirely surprise me.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

A historic English city that has been party to some very important moments in the past. :ph34r:

Leeds United

Some little club near Huddersfield, living in the past, that aren't famous anymore, destined to remain in the Championship forever which no one sings about.

But I love them to pieces.

Marseille

• Subscriber

Regarded as the biggest club in France, but clearly something isn't right there as in my lifetime they've been outperformed by PSG (expected now), Monaco and Lyon. Strike me as a bit of an under-achiever.

Brighton & Hove Albion.

On 20/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, Dan said:

Regarded as the biggest club in France, but clearly something isn't right there as in my lifetime they've been outperformed by PSG (expected now), Monaco and Lyon. Strike me as a bit of an under-achiever.

Brighton & Hove Albion.

I think Saint Etienne are the biggest historically in France

• Administrator

grew up with them having some legendary players as part of their squad. Buffon started there, Dino Baggio, Hernan Crespo, Ariel Ortega, Enrico Chiesa, Fabio Cannavaro, Asprilla, Lilian Thuram, Adriano, Adrian Mutu. I think Veron was there and Alberto Gilardino as well if I remember correctly. 

Very sad what happened to them and that they fell so hard. I hope they find their way back in to Serie A sooner rather than later.

Bayer Leverkusen

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, Stan said:

a club I've never heard of.

Schalke

I kinda get the impression Schalke are Germany's answer to Everton as Dortmund are to Liverpool. A popular club although they haven't won as much as maybe they should have.

Sporting Lisbon

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Third best in Portugal i'd say after Benfica and Porto

Liverpool :ph34r:

Biggest club in England and one of the greatest clubs in European football...  To put it bluntly, one of the legendary European football clubs.

OXFORD UNITED

• Administrator

don't know much about them but I can thank them for selling Matt Elliott to us in the late 90s. If I'm right in thinking, Mark Lawrenson used to manage them temporarily?!

RCD Espanyol

1 hour ago, Stan said:

don't know much about them but I can thank them for selling Matt Elliott to us in the late 90s. If I'm right in thinking, Mark Lawrenson used to manage them temporarily?!

RCD Espanyol

One of the various Royalist football clubs in Spain and founded one year after FC Barcelona in 1900.

Winners of 4 Copas del Rey and Runners-Up in the UEFA CUP twice.  The smaller of the two main clubs in the city of Barcelona and an "Españolista" club from its birth although it now embraces its Catalan roots too and manages to combine both without upsetting one set of fans or the other unlike its bigger brother in the city.

SS LAZIO

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

One of the various Royalist football clubs in Spain and founded one year after FC Barcelona in 1900.

Winners of 4 Copas del Rey and Runners-Up in the UEFA CUP twice.  The smaller of the two main clubs in the city of Barcelona and an "Españolista" club from its birth although it now embraces its Catalan roots too and manages to combine both without upsetting one set of fans or the other unlike its bigger brother in the city.

SS LAZIO

Always seemed to be one of the bigger clubs in Italy when I was growing up, and they've had some brilliant players like Mihaijlovic back in the 90s. 

Overall im not sure how much they've achieved historically to back that up. I think they won the title with Eriksson but generally they seem overshadowed by Roma and the other major Italian clubs. 

Edit: forgot to name a club haha

Hannover 96

• 8 months later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

One of the Netherlands' most historic clubs alongside Ajax, absolutely massive domestically IMO and it's just a shame they haven't got a footprint in Europe anymore. 

Red Bull Leipzig.

No idea of their background before they became Red Bull so I assume not very big.

Portsmouth

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

No idea of their background before they became Red Bull so I assume not very big.

Portsmouth

Decent size, Had a few years where they were a solid team, and won the FA Cup. Rather enjoyed that trio of James, Cambell, and Kante. After going bankrupt, have kind of restarted and are slowly working their way up. I would probably say they are a Championship Club at heart. 

Parma

grew up with them having some legendary players as part of their squad. Buffon started there, Dino Baggio, Hernan Crespo, Ariel Ortega, Enrico Chiesa, Fabio Cannavaro, Asprilla, Lilian Thuram, Adriano, Adrian Mutu. I think Veron was there and Alberto Gilardino as well if I remember correctly. 

Very sad what happened to them and that they fell so hard. I hope they find their way back in to Serie A sooner rather than later.

I lifted that directly from @Stan earlier on this page xD

Saint Etienne

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I lifted that directly from @Stan earlier on this page xD

Saint Etienne

or just great minds think alike ;)

Archived