talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Club World Cup 2018

football forum

Kashima Antlers just took out Chivas Guadalajara, proving again that the J-League is better than any league in CONCACAF. This means a rematch between Kashima and Real Madrid in the semi's.

Later is Esperance Tunis vs Al-Ain. I might try and catch that.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned

This is the worst version of River I've seen this year so far.

If they replicate this performance against Real Madrid (assuming they win today) they'll get smashed.

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Very disappointing, but still, it's way better to lose here than having lost the Libertadores.  :P

The problem with South America in the CWC is that they seem to only think about winning against the Europeans, which causes a lack of interest in the semi-finals. I hate to admit it but Asian football will become better than South American at some point in my life. They are on a rise and we are on a decline.

• Subscriber

18:28

Bale hat-trick sees Real to World final - read the report

Kashima Antlers 1-3 Real Madrid

7fb6d185-ffb8-4a35-8d1c-fdb869d0b62e.jpg

Gareth Bale scored a hat-trick as Real Madrid beat Kashima Antlers to set up a Club World Cup final against Al Ain, of the United Arab Emirates, on Saturday.

Wales forward Bale scored the opening goal in Abu Dhabi via the post after a one-two with Marcelo. He tapped his second into an empty net after a defensive error and two minutes later blasted a third from a tight angle from another Marcelo pass.

Shoma Doi pulled one back for the Asian champions.

Bale, who has now scored six goals in five Club World Cup games, had been a doubt with an ankle injury and was substituted by boss Santiago Solari just before the hour mark.

Real Madrid are aiming to win the tournament for the third year in a row. They face Abu Dhabi side Al Ain at the Zayed Sports City Stadium on Saturday (16:30 GMT) - with live text commentary on the BBC Sports website.

Al Ain, who qualified as champions of the host country, shocked Copa Libertadores winners River Plate by winning on penalties in their semi-final.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46597288

• The topic was unpinned

Archived