talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robbie Fowler Wants Bristol Rovers Job

football forum

• Subscriber

skysports.com           6 hrs ago

Robbie Fowler has revealed on Soccer AM he is interested in the vacant Bristol Rovers manager job. 

The former Liverpool forward retired in 2012 and was player-manager at Muangthong United in Thailand, but despite applying for several jobs since, Fowler says he has not received any calls back.

After Darrell Clarke left Bristol Rovers in the week, Fowler told Soccer AM he would be keen to talk to the League One club about the job

"I've thrown in a few [CVs] over the years, still waiting for a call! Bristol Rovers has obviously come up; would I be interested? Of course, I would! I went over to Thailand and loved being a manager. People in this country think I'm inexperienced but I've done it before.

"I came home, did all my badges, I'm properly, properly qualified, so I think it's just a case of watch this space."

Asked if he had received any call-backs for job applications in previous years, Fowler said: "No, none whatsoever. I think it goes down to inexperience.

"What I've had back is: 'You've got money, so why do you need to do it?'. I love the game, so it's not all about that."

Fowler also has an assistant manager in mind if he was given a managerial job - 44-year-old former Everton and Manchester City midfielder Tony Grant.

"My No 2, there's a lad I played with years ago, and who I did my badges with, a lad called Tony Grant who played for Everton and Man City, and was the first-team coach at Blackburn. I think he's absolutely class."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/fowler-wants-bristol-rovers-job/ar-BBQZbeP?ocid=chromentp

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he thinks it’s down to his inexperience, why doesn’t he get involved with a club in some form of coaching position, whether it’s youth team coaching or working with a first team in some capacity? That will break away any ‘inexperience’ theories he may have about his inability to get a job. 

Then again, declaring your interest on Soccer AM is not going to do anything for your career. 

• The title was changed to Robbie Fowler Wants Bristol Rovers Job
  • Subscriber
On 16/12/2018 at 19:17, RandoEFC said:

What's he been doing with himself lately? The more English managers getting a foot on the ladder, the better.

I've seen him commenting on games whenever they are aired here. He used to run a football clinic for youngsters with Standard Chartered as well for a while but these days hes mostly just commenting. Not the greatest pundit mind you but he's not terrible either.

Archived