Wednesday 19th December, 2018
Arsenal vs Tottenham 19.45
Chelsea vs Bournemouth, 19.45

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Should rotate wisely for this with Leicester at the weekend. 

Willy

Zappacosta----Rudiger----Luiz----Emerson

Cesc

Barkley---------Ruben

Willian-----------------Odoi

Giroud

mate you could put an actual reserve side out for Saturday and still win.

• Subscriber

We've lost something like 12 quarter finals on the spin, that stretches as far as the Johnstone's Paint Trophy & the Champions League. If that doesn't stress what a bizarre last 10 years we've had nothing will.

We will be absolutely pummelled. Last year was the chance and we blew it, even more galling with Bristol City in the semis and a floundering Arsenal in the final. We weakened our team when they weakened theirs significantly. This time they're playing Aguero, de Bruyne, likely Mahrez and have even more depth. They'll have Stones and Otamendi rather than Mangala and Adarabioyo.

Meanwhile we're likely to be without Vardy.

Genuinely never felt less enthused for what's a big game for us. I can't believe they're going to be allowed to show this before 10pm.

0-3.

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Should rotate wisely for this with Leicester at the weekend. 

Willy

Zappacosta----Rudiger----Luiz----Emerson

Cesc

Barkley---------Ruben

Willian-----------------Odoi

Giroud

Maybe keep Luiz and Rudi out, but with Christensen and Cahill we are shaky as shit.

• Administrator

a half-fit KDB is still on a different level to us. Good goal.

We've been okay at best. No quality when going forward (rinse and repeat for this season pretty much). Having only one striker on the pitch is such a hindrance because when we get in good positions the cross or pass has to be inch perfect for Iheanacho. No one (Ghezzal) supports him. Ghezzal is just a passenger. No idea what he offers to this team. 

• Administrator

I fucking hate players who stutter on run ups for penalties. Fuck off Maddison. Fuck off Soyuncu. Give your heads a fucking wobble. Pit your foot through it low and hard for fuck sake. 

Once again we only have ourselves to blame for not winning this. Gave ourselves a good chance to get to penalties and we fuck it up with that shitshow in the shootout. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Equally so, loving this from Man City fans. 

@Happy Blue

We have always had some of the best fans around, massive following,  even in the lower leagues we had more support than clubs like Everton and classy gestures like above are common place, even Fergie  got a get well soon message from us

• Subscriber

Last year we got to the quarter finals and drew Man City at home, equalising from 0-1 down to take it to a penalty shoot-out that we lost.

This year...

The annoying similarity is we once again chose to not field our strongest team. Vardy in for Iheanacho and again, I think they've actually got something to worry about. He is so, so slow to react to everything to the point he's effectively a waste of a shirt. I'm not even convinced it's laziness anymore it's just stupidity.

Surprise surprise, we look better when we have players who press like Albrighton. I think him and Okazaki need to be in the team until we've truly managed to be good enough to not rely on our intensity to unsettle sides because without it we are hopeless. I also think Choudhury tonight did any prospects he has of making the first team the world of good as he had a good game I thought. Again, fits into the intensity.

Story of us under Puel. Nearly men and entirely self inflicted. It's a shame because tonight was better, but once again we pay for our passivity.

Oh, and last year Man City drew lower league opposition in the semis. Not even a doubt in my mind they'll get Burton.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't understand a side like Leicester resting players here. They're not going to go down and they'd do extremely well to finish top 6 so why not go all out in this?

That age old argument! 

Vardy wasn't fully fit anyway and he'd only just come back from a groin injury so was unlikely to play anyway. I can understand a bit of rotation because of all the games at this time of year but because we played better 2nd half, if does beg the question if penalties would have been required if we started with a stronger team. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

That age old argument! 

Vardy wasn't fully fit anyway and he'd only just come back from a groin injury so was unlikely to play anyway. I can understand a bit of rotation because of all the games at this time of year but because we played better 2nd half, if does beg the question if penalties would have been required if we started with a stronger team. 

It's true though. Can understand teams at the bottom or the top doing it but a team who's neither here or there. I mean I don't know enough about your best 11 so don't know how many changes you made but anymore than a couple and I think that's too much

• The topic was unpinned

Archived