talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup 2018/19 - Quarter-Final Match Chat

football forum

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's true though. Can understand teams at the bottom or the top doing it but a team who's neither here or there. I mean I don't know enough about your best 11 so don't know how many changes you made but anymore than a couple and I think that's too much

We made quite a few.

Ghezzal, Iborra, Simpson, Soyuncu were probably the unforced ones. Ward is our standard cup goalkeeper. Oh and Choudhury (I do like that Puel gives youngsters a go though). 

Fuchs and Iheanacho were forced changes because of the injuries to Vardy and Chilwell. 

So quite a few changes. 

I agree with your point though - I don't see why a club in our position with no threat of relegation and an outside chance of qualifying for Europe can't challenge for a cup competition on top of league competition. We have the squad and stature to do it. Another golden chance of making a semi-final gone up in thin air at the hands of Man City partly due to our own naivety. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, shut up said:

We were unlucky tonight, and on another night it could have easily been 4-2 to us. That's football.

Never nice to lose to your local rivals, but I would have taken the defeat tonight if it meant we won the proper NLD in the league. 

It's hard to comprehend how poor we are defensively. Wenger has left us with some right shite all over the squad. We are easily the most unbalanced squad in the top 6. Who the fuck signs Mhki and Auba, when we need a CB, fucking divvy wenger. xD

I hope we sign de Ligt in the transfer window. There have been rumours this week from reliable people and I hope we take a gamble on him. I can't watch this current crop of defenders any longer. I don't know why Emery likes Mhki, he's awful. I would rather start one of the youngsters tbh. 

Anyway, Burnley at home on Saturday, we go again. 

In your dreams 

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, shut up said:

We were unlucky tonight (soo wasteful), and on another night it could have easily been 4-2 to us. Spurs only really had two chances. That's football.

Never nice to lose to your local rivals, but I would have taken the defeat tonight if it meant we won the proper NLD in the league. 

It's hard to comprehend how poor we are defensively. Wenger has left us with some right shite all over the squad. We are easily the most unbalanced squad in the top 6. Who the fuck signs Mhki and Auba when we need a CB, fucking divvy wenger. xD

I hope we sign de Ligt in the transfer window. There have been rumours this week from reliable people and I hope we take a gamble on him. I can't watch this current crop of defenders any longer. I don't know why Emery likes Mhki, he's awful. I would rather start one of the youngsters tbh. 

Anyway, Burnley at home on Saturday, we go again. 

Unlucky hahahahahhahah 

We bossed that, so in control. Better players, better team, up the Spurs 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived