talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Canadian Premier League

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Hey @Viva la FCB what do you think the best plaza for another CanPL team in BC is? Some people suggested Surrey and Burnaby.

I think Burnaby makes the most sense. It's very central and close to downtown Vancouver. The whitecaps played there before the MLS and the stadium has been lacking a team since. It's not an amazing stadium anymore, it's outdoors but big stands that are covered that probably hold around 5k. Would work fine imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

@Eco

Ottawa Fury making an announcement tomorrow. Either folding or joining CPL I reckon.

The answer was folding. Meaning there are no more Canadian teams in USL.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
53 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Just bought my York United season ticket. Hopefully some fans will be allowed at some point in the year as I very much look forward to attending again.

Just out of curiosity but why would you pay to watch that when you can watch a much better product at Toronto FC?

Just now, Scouse_Mouse said:

Just out of curiosity but why would you pay to watch that when you can watch a much better product at Toronto FC?

I'm against Canadian teams in the MLS, in an international sport like football I would much rather support something fully domestic. As a result I've never cared about Toronto FC :) 

13 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I'm against Canadian teams in the MLS, in an international sport like football I would much rather support something fully domestic. As a result I've never cared about Toronto FC :) 

To each his own I suppose but I'd rather watch the Leafs, Raptors, Blue Jays and Toronto FC over some semi pro team just because they were only playing only in Canada.

1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

To each his own I suppose but I'd rather watch the Leafs, Raptors, Blue Jays and Toronto FC over some semi pro team just because they were only playing only in Canada.

I don't mind it in baseball, hockey or basketball as they aren't as international as football (with all due respect to other leagues), but in football any league is available to anyone nowadays.

11 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I don't mind it in baseball, hockey or basketball as they aren't as international as football (with all due respect to other leagues), but in football any league is available to anyone nowadays.

No sport is as global as football but Hockey and Basketball are huge internationally.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I just think that given the opportunity I'd rather watch a good level of football rather than a semi professional one mate.

2 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

No sport is as global as football but Hockey and Basketball are huge internationally.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I just think that given the opportunity I'd rather watch a good level of football rather than a semi professional one mate.

It isn't semi-pro though. The quality is low but the players are all on professional contracts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Mpache said:

@nudge

A new club to be announced today, if it's in Fraser Valley they say Werder Bremen will invest in it.

Sincerely doubt that, considering we don't have enough money to invest into a hotdog stand, nevermind a new football club in Canada 😂

• 1 year later...

Archived