talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Canadian Premier League

football forum

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halifax's home kit is vastly disappointing. Their away is what I thought would be their home. That dark blue just doesn't look good to me.

Valour's away kit is my favourite of them all.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

4/10

Definitely not a fan of the away kit, home one is very 'meh'

Yeah, it's going to be very polarizing. I personally like it, but I can see why some don't.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

York9 home is nice, away is horrendous.

If by "home" you mean the fully green one, I think that's actually the away kit. The reason he's on the left is because I took the photo (prt scr) after they took the pictures. So it's my fault.

Some good news - https://onesoccer.ca/ will be showing all the matches. The league is still to small for TSN and Sportsnet to put their money into. However, the service will not be region locked (with the exception of some CanMNT games) and will show all the games. Will have a cost though!

Very good for me, as I'm still in Peru until the Canadian summer and of course, for the away games I won't be able to attend. Spoiler, it will be many.

Anyways, my opinion on all the kits.

Valour FC

Home: Very basic, but excellent shade of red. I think simple can work in the modern day if you get the colours right.

D3WMx_AWkAMx8W_.jpg

Away: Probably the best one. The little bit of red on the chest makes it a proper modern kit and a good one too.

D3WMxmOW0AELLdg.jpg

York 9

Home: I can understand why people don't like it, but I personally do. It's a modern kit that goes all crazy with it's design, but I think it resembles the logo well.

D3WRIMeUIAAxMDb.jpg

Away: Same as Valour at home. Good shade of green.

D3WRcmDUcAAtTpk.jpg

Pacific FC

Home: That line in the middle really ruins it for me. It's not terrible, I'd put it as right in the middle. There is worse but there is also a lot better.

D3WOlXtU4AAWEld.jpg

Away: It's good but there is a big problem and we will get to that with Halifax Wanderers.

D3WPf_BUYAQUUcm.jpg

Cavalry FC

Home: The design is great, but it just feels a bit bland. It feels very basic.

D3XK5ypW0AADHSX.jpg

Away: Given Calgary's military past, I think they nailed this one. Definitely one of my favourite away kits.

D3XK5yoXoAAw2xc.jpg

Halifax Wanderers

Home: Everyone loves it. I don't, the blue is too dark and just looks bad to me.

D3Wayu3XsAUU55A.jpg

Away: This should have been the home kit, I think of celestial blue more when I think of Halifax. The problem is it's very similar to Pacific FC's away kit.

D3WaEZwX4AIAHug.jpg

Forge FC

Home: I like the patterns and of course the Tim Hortons sponsor is lovely (granted the away kit obviously has it too). Shade of orange is also good. The orange doesn't go with the gray shorts though.

D3WQwRpWkAEUj8f.jpg

Away: This represents Forge more, but I'm not a big fan of gray nevertheless.

D3WQ2hMWwAY0u3c.jpg

FC Edmonton

Home: Fantastic! I wasn't sure if this is what they used before the CanPL was founded (FC Edmonton already existed) but it looks really good. This is the kit the next Ameobi will be wearing, so it had to be good.

D3WRsEeU8AA3joo.jpg

Away: Also really good. One team need to have stripes, and the 2 colours go well with the thick stripes. Good stuff eddies.

D3WRsFUU0AAuZ79.jpg

Diego Forlan is in the country getting a few medicals out of the way. Sounds to me like he's going to sign for a club here. Fingers crossed, would be huge for the league.

@Eco 

Looks like the first game of the season will be almost a fill out. So far, it's a good start considering it's in the GTA area where Toronto FC is also based.

Granted it's just 1 game and the tickets to this were free, but again it's an impressive start!

15536200781826324971951149261463.jpg.e88

1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

@Eco 

Looks like the first game of the season will be almost a fill out. So far, it's a good start considering it's in the GTA area where Toronto FC is also based.

Granted it's just 1 game and the tickets to this were free, but again it's an impressive start!

15536200781826324971951149261463.jpg.e88

it's free, what do you expect? 

It's certainly better than the alternative, but let's not kid ourselves...

43 minutes ago, Eco said:

it's free, what do you expect? 

It's certainly better than the alternative, but let's not kid ourselves...

Not really. I can tell you from experience that free tickets doesn't guarantee sell outs if there isn't interest. It helps but if nobody cares then people won't go anyways.

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Not really. I can tell you from experience that free tickets doesn't guarantee sell outs if there isn't interest. It helps but if nobody cares then people won't go anyways.

But how can it be a sell out if you aren't selling anything? Do you just go to the website, say how many tickets you want? and BAM! They are yours? What's the stop me from getting 25 of them for free and not doing anything with them? 

Interesting business philosophy, so it'll be interesting to see how many people actually show up. 

When's the season start? 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

But how can it be a sell out if you aren't selling anything? Do you just go to the website, say how many tickets you want? and BAM! They are yours? What's the stop me from getting 25 of them for free and not doing anything with them? 

Interesting business philosophy, so it'll be interesting to see how many people actually show up. 

When's the season start? 

I said "fill out" to be fair :P

In Peru we are hosting the U17 championship and the tickets are also free, so some people have taken advantage of it. I can see your point and in most case you would be correct, but luckily Canada is an extremely civilized country so I'm sure this won't be an issue, especially if they require ID.

Halifax also looks set to fill out their first home game and those aren't free.

Season starts on the 27th or 28th, don't remember the exact date. The games will be available worldwide on Onesoccer

Next CPL team to be confirmed soon. It appears it will be a Montreal based team.

I would much rather have had a team in Quebec City.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

What's the capacity of the stadium? 

6200. It's small but for the first season it's a good size.

It also helps soccer is popular on the east coast.

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

6200. It's small but for the first season it's a good size.

It also helps soccer is popular on the east coast.

Okay. 

Sellouts are easier when there is something new and shiny. Again, I'm interested to see where this goes and if it's sustainable. 

Archived