• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Canadian Premier League

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kicks off in an hour. 5 minutes until the opening ceremony. Only seeing that bit cos of the hype. I can't wait for the actual game itself though!

Forge vs York 9 is the first game, the 905 derby.

Brilliant start to the inaugural game. Ryan Telfer scores for York 9 and we take the lead in 3 minutes. There have been plenty of chances overall, with Welshman almost equalizing immediately with an overhead kick that barely went wide of the near post. 

Ended 1-1 earlier. Forge changed the position of a couple of players and turned the course of the game around completely. Awful second half from York 9, who have a few things to fix up but otherwise we are looking alright for the coming season. Solid mid table I reckon.

Pacific FC vs Halifax Wanderers in one hour.

Excited to see this as it is 2 teams I expect to be battling up top. Both have the best squads in the league. It's also a distance derby, but it still doesn't quite beat Perth Glory vs Wellington Phoenix.

Somewhat of a dull start to this, but it's an even game with a decent atmosphere. Stadium full, and noise is being made. Marcus Haber has looked very good on the counter, as has Victor Blasco. Halifax are slowly losing control over this affair.

Next game is Pacific FC vs Valour FC.

Valour making their debut away to Victoria Island, meaning we'll get to see that lovely stadium so soon again! I expect Pacific to go up to 6 points here.

On 29/04/2019 at 14:45, Grizzly21 said:

Next game is Pacific FC vs Valour FC.

Valour making their debut away to Victoria Island, meaning we'll get to see that lovely stadium so soon again! I expect Pacific to go up to 6 points here.

Ends as a 2-1 win for Valour FC.

I didn't get to see all of it but the bits I did saw it was quite entertaining. Valour surprised me, they dominated the game.

I do like how many young players are getting game time for Pacific, and they all look rather decent. Baldisimo, Kadin Chung, Jose Hernandez and Noah Verhoeven.

Halifax lead Forge FC 1-0 in their home opener. I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the home side, I was expecting a lot more of them in these first 2 games. Despite leading.

Halifax Wanderers ended up beating Forge FC with a late goal from Perea.

My team, York 9 plays next.

It started snowing aggresively. We're still down 1-0 to Calvary FC. First half we were beyond useless, this second half it's been a lot better. Rollocks has been the low point though. Not really doing anything on the ball and missed about the worst sitter you're going to see this season.

2-0 for Cavalry... off a set piece just like the first.

By the way, look at this snow. Not warm either, 0 degrees in Calgary today.

Archived