talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Where Would Man Utd Finish If Fergie Was Hired As Interim Boss?

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Think they'd scrape in to top 4. 

Such a massive job on anyone's hands to turn their fortunes around anyway, let alone as someone as talented as Fergie. 

One thing for sure is that Fergie would not stand for any of the inflated egos in that side. He'd have Pogba washing the toilet cubicles and urinals if necessary. You just don't mess with someone like Fergie but at the very least, he'd still have respect for the players and vice versa. Mourinho seemed to lose that connection. Fergie would be able to work his players hard but at the same time, make them want to play in to his game and tactics. It was probably one of his greatest assets. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He's nearly 77 and is recovering from being seriously ill so it probably wouldn't go very well at all

He's been advised to not go to to many games so it won't happen

• The title was changed to Where Would Man Untd Finish If Fergie Was Hired As Interim Boss?
  • Administrator

I'd like to add that my answer above is based on Fergie in his prime xD

I'm fully aware he'd probably be pushed over the edge watching the shower of shit that is served up each week these days xD 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He sort of created the mess himself to be fair with the squad he left behind. 

It wasn't the best squad he left behind, but it did win a league. If LVG had come in instead of Moyes to stable the ship, I think things would have gone a bit differently.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It wasn't the best squad he left behind, but it did win a league. If LVG had come in instead of Moyes to stable the ship, I think things would have gone a bit differently.

For the true knowledgeable folk amongst us, they'll know this is true.  Van Gaal was treated harshly considering he was implementing youth into the ranks.  Where Sir Alex Ferguson was gifted 6 years to apply such a method with incredible success, Van Gaal fell victim to modern football while residing at a massive sporting PLC.

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

10th - The game has evolved. 

Wouldn't go that far, however even prime Fergie wouldn't get this United a top 4 place as interim. Bloke needed 6 years to instill his ideas. Modern football won't allow that. 

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For the true knowledgeable folk amongst us, they'll know this is true.  Van Gaal was treated harshly considering he was implementing youth into the ranks.  Where Sir Alex Ferguson was gifted 6 years to apply such a method with incredible success, Van Gaal fell victim to modern football while residing at a massive sporting PLC.

Moyes’ biggest mistake was decimating the back room staff. He got rid of the intimate knowledge of the club. That’s what led to his downfall.

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Moyes’ biggest mistake was decimating the back room staff. He got rid of the intimate knowledge of the club. That’s what led to his downfall.

I agree and posted my thoughts on that when  he was appointed at Man Utd.  He should've fed from the inside knowledge at the club.

My biggest gripe with United was how Van Gaal came and went considering Mourinho was made to eat his actions with Rashford and co.

• The title was changed to Where Would Man Utd Finish If Fergie Was Hired As Interim Boss?
30 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah I thought that was stupid. I can understand wanting to feel like you've got more control and to have everyone working towards your goals... but if you've taken on a much bigger job, with greater expectations and pressure, and you've got a staff that's done it all before and has valuable experience you don't have, you're really just shooting yourself in the foot.

I mean, I think even if he had the previous backroom staff, I don't think Moyes was ever tactically up to managing a side like United.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I thought that was stupid. I can understand wanting to feel like you've got more control and to have everyone working towards your goals... but if you've taken on a much bigger job, with greater expectations and pressure, and you've got a staff that's done it all before and has valuable experience you don't have, you're really just shooting yourself in the foot.

I mean, I think even if he had the previous backroom staff, I don't think Moyes was ever tactically up to managing a side like United.

It's all relative thoug, isn't it?

Where did Moyes come from before being appointed as the Everton manager?

He made errors, and to be honest, from what I understand, he's continued to make the same egotistical errors.  At Real Sociedad he was offered to keep on the backroom staff in the training facilities and declined... Something that almost cost him his appointment and that in the end the club submitted to with catastrophic results,.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's all relative thoug, isn't it?

Where did Moyes come from before being appointed as the Everton manager?

He made errors, and to be honest, from what I understand, he's continued to make the same egotistical errors.  At Real Sociedad he was offered to keep on the backroom staff in the training facilities and declined... Something that almost cost him his appointment and that in the end the club submitted to with catastrophic results,.

PNE wasn't it?

Just remember this one fact about David Moyes, despite his numerous failings since he's left Everton:

eyetvsnapshot2.jpg?w=1000

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, Moyes came from Preston. 

Moyes was stubborn at Everton, it's the one gripe I always had with him. During his 11 year tenure we never won away at the Top 4 which suggests a lack of adapting. Remember that we were constantly in the Top 6 when he was around so it's not as though we were expected to lose. 

It's a shame what's happened to Moyes. Piss funny at United don't get me wrong but he turned Everton from relegation fodder into European qualifiers, his career should have been much better than what it was as his spells at United, Sociedad, Sunderland and West Ham have to be considered failures. 

Didn't know about the backroom staff thing at Sociedad @SirBalon, cheers for tyhat! 

I defended Moyes quite a lot. I felt utd was to big for him, most British managers fail in Spain and Sunderland were a sinking ship. Then came west ham. They were in terrible form when he took over and i thought he was a bit unfairly treated. I think if he took over a championship club looking for promotion and he got them promoted he could get his carer back on track. I think he could do well at Bristol city. He use to play for them and they give managers more time than most clubs

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, Moyes came from Preston. 

Moyes was stubborn at Everton, it's the one gripe I always had with him. During his 11 year tenure we never won away at the Top 4 which suggests a lack of adapting. Remember that we were constantly in the Top 6 when he was around so it's not as though we were expected to lose. 

It's a shame what's happened to Moyes. Piss funny at United don't get me wrong but he turned Everton from relegation fodder into European qualifiers, his career should have been much better than what it was as his spells at United, Sociedad, Sunderland and West Ham have to be considered failures. 

Didn't know about the backroom staff thing at Sociedad @SirBalon, cheers for that! 

His failure to adapt is probably why he never really kicked on from his time at Everton and why Everton never really did any better than that time they finished 4th and we won the CL under Moyes.

I honestly thought he'd take a big step up as a manager when he first went to United. And I was ready to continue hating him as he graduated from blueshite to the irredeemable scum, following in Rooney's footsteps. Hilarious he never did though.

Gave us a good banner though and there was always that hilarious match against Fulham where there were millions of crosses and nothing to show for it.

What's King of the Jungle Harry Redknapp up to these days?

Archived