The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-6 Tottenham - Sunday 23rd December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Can't believe Sky aren't making more of that Pickford challenge. He's flew in trying to crunch Alli when play has stopped.

It's like he's seeing if it's possible to end an England career in one club game.

Yeah I was surprised more wasn't made of it. Was quite nasty and could have been worse. 

• Subscriber

A lot of our players have been incredibly poor but the lack of tactical flexibility from the manager today has been the biggest factor. I get he's got a style of play he wants to implement, and what the fans want him to implement, but you've got to adapt to your opposition. We couldn't have played more into Spurs hands more today. Playing a high line like this with Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman as two of your back four, and no defensive midfielders in the starting line-up, is suicidal. Says it all when you've conceded six on a day where three of the back four haven't really been individually shit.

• Subscriber

At least next year with VAR that's only 5-3 to them.

Seriously not good enough to be so far away from them with the money he's spent but the manager needs to be given time to build his team and bed them into his tactical system. Klopp had plenty of shockers in his first year as Liverpool boss, Peps City got flattened 4-0 at Goodison in his first season, I'm sure Spurs had bad results and spells in their first season under Poch.

Hope our fans are reasonable and support the manager fully.

• The title was changed to Everton 2-6 Tottenham - Sunday 23rd December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived