The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 22nd December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Well played Leicester... good battling performance

So much work for this side to do yet before it can consider itself a serious title contender again.. 

Turning down 60 million for Willian gives no indication the board know what they are doing to achieve that. 

The fact Alonso is still our starting LB speaks volume. Chillwell made us look like mugs. 

• Administrator

Brilliant win. Did not see that coming AT ALL. Rode our luck a couple of times with Hazard and Alonso hitting the woodwork but we took the initiative in 2nd half and were much better than Chelsea. We showed the same comfortability in possession as Chelsea did first half. Much more intensity in our game and the goal was vintage Vardy. Timed run, good weight on ball from Maddison and smashes it in first time. 

Schmeichel made a couple of good saves, important blocks made by our defence in the box, good interceptions made across the pitch and pressuring their players. Thought Choudhury, Chilwell and Pereira stand out the most today, though. For Choudhury to play out of his skin again after a great performance in midweek is testament to how talented he is and can be. There's potential there. He marshalled and shielded the defence well and was just composed in that central midfield position. Good tackler and plays like he's much more experienced than he actually is.

Chilwell and Pereira standard performance for them going up and down the pitch, attacking well and also tracking back to do their defensive duties.

Just such an unexpected and bonus 3 points! More expectant of a gritty performance and coming away empty-handed, as has been the usual recently. Deserved 3 points, mind, I'd say. One of those games where I'd have been satisfied with a 0-0 like last season but we went one step better. First win in London for over 2 years! 

Man City at home again on Wednesdya. They'll be reeling no doubt from their defeat today so just hope we can play with the same quality as we did today and get a positive result.

@Cicero you need a striker :ph34r:

Just now, Stan said:

Brilliant win. Did not see that coming AT ALL. Rode our luck a couple of times with Hazard and Alonso hitting the woodwork but we took the initiative in 2nd half and were much better than Chelsea. We showed the same comfortability in possession as Chelsea did first half. Much more intensity in our game and the goal was vintage Vardy. Timed run, good weight on ball from Maddison and smashes it in first time. 

Schmeichel made a couple of good saves, important blocks made by our defence in the box, good interceptions made across the pitch and pressuring their players. Thought Choudhury, Chilwell and Pereira stand out the most today, though. For Choudhury to play out of his skin again after a great performance in midweek is testament to how talented he is and can be. There's potential there. He marshalled and shielded the defence well and was just composed in that central midfield position. Good tackler and plays like he's much more experienced than he actually is.

Chilwell and Pereira standard performance for them going up and down the pitch, attacking well and also tracking back to do their defensive duties.

Just such an unexpected and bonus 3 points! More expectant of a gritty performance and coming away empty-handed, as has been the usual recently. Deserved 3 points, mind, I'd say. One of those games where I'd have been satisfied with a 0-0 like last season but we went one step better. First win in London for over 2 years! 

Man City at home again on Wednesdya. They'll be reeling no doubt from their defeat today so just hope we can play with the same quality as we did today and get a positive result.

@Cicero you need a striker :ph34r:

Striker aside, how does it feel to have proper fullbacks? 

Didn't manage a shot on target. Any half decent investment and this would be a comfortable win. Two poor sides that lack the quality for this level.

Manquillo and Atsu aren't good enough players. Perez and Diame aren't in form. 

Worst player on the pitch however was Schar. Bloke had a stinker. 

I think that's my favourite Premier League performance from ourselves. Better than the time we thrashed Arsenal at Selhurst, made John Terry cry and made Luis Suarez cry during Crystanbul. Roy got his tactics absolutely spot on. All the players have 110%. Hopefully this win can act as the catalyst to see us play catch up on those above us.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think that's my favourite Premier League performance from ourselves. Better than the time we thrashed Arsenal at Selhurst, made John Terry cry and made Luis Suarez cry during Crystanbul. Roy got his tactics absolutely spot on. All the players have 110%. Hopefully this win can act as the catalyst to see us play catch up on those above us.

I didn't expect that from you lot today. I thought you'd be concentrating on the winnable game on Boxing day but fair play

City going through a bit of an off spell by their high standards and you've got to give full credit to the team and manager for taking advantage of it because i dont think we will see City slip up that often. Its lovely knowing we will be 4 points clear on christmas day :hh:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived