talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lucas Hernandez Joins Bayern

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/12/2018 at 14:52, Viva la FCB said:

Was reading this this morning, seems like a crazy sum if theres any truth especiallly for a winter transfer. Can anyone shed some light on the player? I dont know a thing about him.

Just won the WC is all  :ph34r:

• Administrator

Very very solid defender. I prefer him as a central defender personally, but very reliable at fullback. Not spectacular by any means, not lightning quick but positioning, reading of the game and aerially, an accomplished player. Will be good for Bayern. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Another one of the worst keep secrets in transfers. I commented elsewhere that this is a very good signing defensively for Bayern. Chuck in Pavard too and they're building a very solid foundation. 

21 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Pavard and Hernandez would bring Bayern much closer to being able to play the brutally high line that made them so successful with Heynckes and Guardiola.

Alaba-Hernandez-Pavard-Kimmich is a very fast backline.

I am sceptical about Pavard. Süle seems a much better player to me, allthough he also have had some sub par games lately. Süle also a fast player.

4 minutes ago, Relling said:

I am sceptical about Pavard. Süle seems a much better player to me, allthough he also have had some sub par games lately. Süle also a fast player.

Süle is rapid at full stretch, but a bit like Boateng these days, he seems a bit clumsy when racing with smaller, more mobile forwards. 

Also Pavard is better on the ball from what I've seen of him playing CB with Stuttgart. 

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not a great source but Uli has been talking about some deals so well see if this gets done/confirmed anytime soon. 

Horrible deal! He is a great player but not worth that much. Bayern could have kept Bernat at LB. I suppose they want to recreat the Hernandez/Pavard FB partnership while moving Alaba to MF? 

LB: Hernandez, Alaba, Rafinha
RB: Rafinha, Kimmich, Pavard
CB: Sule, Hummels, Boateng, Pavard, Hernandez, Martinez

Seems a little overkill?

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Horrible deal! He is a great player but not worth that much. Bayern could have kept Bernat at LB. I suppose they want to recreat the Hernandez/Pavard FB partnership while moving Alaba to MF? 

Seems a little overkill?

Think it's a Pavard - Hernandez Centreback pairing actually. 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Spike said:

Seems a little overkill?

I mean I havent watched him at all this year so I cant really say much to that but if were getting the player from the world cup Im fine with it. As far as money goes its kind of crazy, this would double our record transfer.  As far as turnover Rafinha is said to be off, I would be shocked if Boateng is still here as well, I wouldnt include Javi Martinez as a CB anymore either those days seem to be done, so It does make some sense. Hummels isnt getting any younger and Süle isnt looking as strong as his first season but yeah would be some great depth and a great refresh imo. 

• Subscriber

Still nothing confirmed but the story grows.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/3/25/18281206/lucas-hernandez-set-to-join-bayern-munich-atletico-madrid-in-july-lewandowski-muller-bundesliga

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-lucas-hernandez-atletico-madrid-jouera-bien-au-bayern-munich/1002370

The speculations regarding one of the most anticipated transfers of the season have taken a big turn in favour of the Bavarians. According to the latest information from FranceFootball, Atletico Madrid's Lucas Hernandez will join Bayern Munich in the beginning of July. The report suggests that the Frenchman has reached an agreement with the Bundesliga giants for a six-year contract.

Bayern is allegedly willing to spend €160 million total for Hernandez, whose contract with Atletico runs until June 2024. €85 million will go toward his the release clause and the remaining €75 million will in wages until 2025 — €13 million per year, making him the fifth-highest paid player after Robert Lewandowski (€17 million), Thomas Müller, Manuel Neuer and Jerome Boateng (€16 million each).

Bayern is planning to use Hernandez as a replacement for Boateng and as a left-back if David Alabais unavailable. Hernandez is the second new defender in addition to Benjamin Pavard, who will also join the team from Stuttgart next season. All this sudden renovation of the team is to strengthen the fragile defense and the addition of the Frenchman would help the club in a great deal.

• Subscriber

Its official. Crazy, almost doubles our record transfer.

Translated:

Lucas Hernández will move from Atletico Madrid to FC Bayern Munich on 1 July 2019. Both clubs and Lucas Hernández have agreed on this. The 23-year-old defender will receive a five-year contract until 30 June 2024, Atletico Madrid the fixed transfer fee of 80 million euros.

"I am very happy that in Lucas Hernández we were able to sign one of the best defensive players in the world and world champions," explains FC Bayern Sports Director Hasan Salihamidzic. "Lucas can be used both in central defence and on the left defensive side. Lucas will also continue our tradition of outstanding French players and strengthen our team".

Because the sports medicine examination revealed damage to the inner ligament of the right knee, Hernández will be operated on today in consultation with Atletico.

"During our sports medical examination, we found damage to the inner ligament of the right knee that must be surgically repaired," says Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, FC Bayern Munich's club physician. "In my experience, Lucas Hernández will be available to FC Bayern for the start of the 2019/20 Bundesliga season.

Lucas Hernández explains: "Today is a very important day in my football career. FC Bayern Munich is one of the best clubs in Europe and the world. I am proud to be able to fight for all titles for Bayern in the future. I would like to thank Atletico, the management, the coaches, my fellow players and the fans for a wonderful twelve years. Atletico will always remain a part of me. Now I'm happy that I'm taking the next step with FC Bayern".

Lucas Hernández, born in Marseille in 1996, has been playing for Atlético Madrid since 2007, has played through all the junior teams there and has played a total of 110 competitive matches for the pros since the 2014/15 season. The 1.83-metre defender, whose contract with Atlético had originally been dated to 2024, reached the final of the UEFA Champions League with Madrid in 2016, won the European League in 2018 and crowned his career to date in the summer of 2018 by winning the World Cup with the French national team 4-2 against Croatia in the final.

• The title was changed to Lucas Hernandez Joins Bayern
  • Subscriber

80m here, 100m there. And some people seriously wonder why the league is so behind Bayern?... Can't wait for the Superleague to be formed so that they can finally fuck off. 

Archived