Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Euro 2028 Bids

Seems Italy are one of the first nations to make a priority to make a bid. Obviously, there are a lot of renovations to make to their stadiums, but they have some fantastic historical stadiums.

Italy is a Peninsula never noticed that. 

Italia '90 will always go down as one of the legendary World Cup's for many reason's.

And whilst I was too young for that tournament, I've seen enough highlight's and flashbacks to understand just how special hosting a big tournament would be for Italy, especially the passion and exuberance that they show for their national team.

Unless they are strongly opposed by another country with a superior claim to hosting, I'm totally for them getting it. It's about time really a big Footballing nation such as Italy had their opportunity to shine again and it would be a great chance for them to showcase and prove that Italy can host a big tournament without the troubles that used to surround them.

I hope they get it. I remember growing up and watching a lot of Italian teams do well and to think they haven't hosted something as big as the WC in over two decades is a bit shocking to me. They have the culture, they have the history and they have produced some entertaining and world class moments for the sport.

I wonder if they national team will be revamped in time for it as well because I genuinely like seeing them do well.