talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Milan Thread

football forum

Spalletti: 4-2-3-1 for Inter
By Football Italia staff

Luciano Spalletti has confirmed that Inter will play in a 4-2-3-1 formation under his stewardship.

Inter have struggled to attain an identity in their play for some time, with a string of Coaches coming, going and imprinting their own styles, but Spalletti has wasted no time in making clear his philosophy for the Nerazzurri.

“League position? That could be a mistake, when you don’t pick up results, you tend to think that nothing is in place and nothing is good, but that’s not the case,” the Coach continued at his official unveilling.

“We must be careful, your position can be deceitful. In some ways, like I was told on the plane, thinking about a League position now is scandalous.

“Still, it puts you close to the possibility of playing for [European] cups and our points distance [last season] goes to show that something has to change from the roots up.

“Twenty-five/26 points are 10 games that can win you the title. It’s key that we change something.

“I’ll bring a bit of experience here, but for as long as the pitch measurements don’t change, 4-2-3-1 is a complete formation to bring good performances out of the team, allowing those attacking qualities that decide results to come out.

“In order to win, we have to score lots of goals. Balance is needed, but beyond the numbers, we’ll rely on the concept of attacking the defensive line of our opponents.

“We need to create quality. After that, [the players] will recognise what are the characteristics they need to succeed, to quickly embark on an important journey.

“[We need] to recognise the shirt we’re wearing, know how much this shirt weighs, give a strong impression right away of what the team must do on the pitch. It’s always the pitch that does the talking.”

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inter will again have to invest heavily this summer, as Juventus, Roma and Napoli all had good seasons. Milan started their buying spree and not looking to end it soon. Another season without Champions league football would be a disaster for Inter, i don't think even the Europa league would please them.

46 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Inter will again have to invest heavily this summer, as Juventus, Roma and Napoli all had good seasons. Milan started their buying spree and not looking to end it soon. Another season without Champions league football would be a disaster for Inter, i don't think even the Europa league would please them.

Can't really do that unless we sell a lot. The FFP rules are kind of handicapping us at the moment without the CL or EL money. I don't think this will be a huge summer for Inter.

I haven't bothered opening a dedicated thread to the issue as I don't think it will happen... although it is 100% definite that Internazionale have been in Barcelona enquiring about the possibility of signing Andrés Iniesta for next season. No, you're not imagining it because Iniesta has so far refused to put pen to paper on a new contract and new investment at Inter means that there would be no issue in meeting the possible wages the Barcelona midfielder would demand.

Inter aren't the only ones as Chelsea's Abramović himself has also been in contact with representatives of the player in the past few days.

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I haven't bothered opening a dedicated thread to the issue as I don't think it will happen... although it is 100% definite that Internazionale have been in Barcelona enquiring about the possibility of signing Andrés Iniesta for next season. No, you're not imagining it because Iniesta has so far refused to put pen to paper on a new contract and new investment at Inter means that there would be no issue in meeting the possible wages the Barcelona midfielder would demand.

Inter aren't the only ones as Chelsea's Abramović himself has also been in contact with representatives of the player in the past few days.

God please no.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not that it's going to happen...  But why?  You're talking about one of the greatest players of all time.

Or a really good player in one of the best systems of all time

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

What? xD

No mate...  A legend of the game!  One of the greatest players you've ever seen and likely ever to see.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Put it this way... You've never seen anything better at Inter in your lifetime.

Too easy xD

Just now, SirBalon said:

What's easy?

haha I was fucking you mate. Iniesta is a legend, but he's too old and past his prime. Inter need players that will stick around for years, not players just moving to pick up additional paychecks before they finally hang it up.

Iniesta is great, no doubt. In his prime though, and speaking on only the midfield, I'm not sure if both are fully healthy I would pick Iniesta over Sneijder. Probably would, but he is the only midfielder that was at Inter in their prime that I could compare him to.

Iniesta is an attraction. If he played for Inter many would turn their heads at the opportunity to play with him. Imagine getting a phone call and being offered to play for Inter with Iniesta or Milan with fucking Montolivo xDWho'd you choose?

45 minutes ago, Eco said:

haha I was fucking you mate. Iniesta is a legend, but he's too old and past his prime. Inter need players that will stick around for years, not players just moving to pick up additional paychecks before they finally hang it up.

Iniesta is great, no doubt. In his prime though, and speaking on only the midfield, I'm not sure if both are fully healthy I would pick Iniesta over Sneijder. Probably would, but he is the only midfielder that was at Inter in their prime that I could compare him to.

For a minute I thought someone had hijacked your account!

Iniesta needs his games picked by his coach these days but the stats (this is where they count) speak for themselves.  Barcelona lost La Liga by 3 points due to his injuries because the games he was absent for were the games where points were dropped.  I won't even go into the Champions League where he was rushed back from injury and wasn't able to perform.

Like I said...  I can't see Iniesta moving to another European club where he could potentially play against Barça, but in football anything is possible.

Inter are light on quality in midfield and they won't win anything until they solve that problem.

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Iniesta is an attraction. If he played for Inter many would turn their heads at the opportunity to play with him. Imagine getting a phone call and being offered to play for Inter with Iniesta or Milan with fucking Montolivo xDWho'd you choose?

Montolivo... He isn't a bad player by a long margin.  But he isn't a top quality one either.  Afar from the fact he's been the focus of Milan for a while now, for me the biggest error has been the Italy national team with him as the main focus until Verratti earned his stripes.  He has too many holes in his game and like Inter, Milan have massive problems in the middle of the park.

The AC Milan situation is very desperate although in fairness they are trying to sign young quality so as to solve the issue.  The Donnarumma situation has been a blow to them even if he does stay (by force) because anything else buzzing around the future of the club will look upon his mindset and feel differently about everything.  When young players like Donnarumma make decisions like the one he has, it marks a precedent.

• 3 weeks later...

We just signed the new next best thing in Italy. Verratti whoo? this new talent I'm talking about is extremely remarkable how we found him at this young age. It cost us around 55 million but no worries, our Chinese love Inter and they are willing to spend all the money they have to bring us... behold

24 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

We just signed the new next best thing in Italy. Verratti whoo? this new talent I'm talking about is extremely remarkable how we found him at this young age. It cost us around 55 million but no worries, our Chinese love Inter and they are willing to spend all the money they have to bring us... behold

Great player but five years too late.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/20/2017 at 14:21, Spike said:

@Dalmore @Eco https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/played-juventus-inter-milan-bonucci-10798852

' Meazza was such a legend at both Inter and Milan that they named the San Siro after him, which isn't bad.'

Fucking hell xD 

If you look at the talent that Inter had when players were young, only to give up on them and they turn out to be stars, it's a depressing list.

Bonnucci
Pirlo
Cutinho

1 hour ago, Eco said:

If you look at the talent that Inter had when players were young, only to give up on them and they turn out to be stars, it's a depressing list.

Bonnucci
Pirlo
Cutinho

That is a poor list, it is like little baby, watch this:

• Roberto Carlos
  • Ronaldo
  • Clarence Seedorf
  • Dennis Bergkamp
  • Matthias Sammer
  • Adriano (first time)
  • Diego Simeone
  • Fabio Cannavaro