talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Milan Thread

football forum

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The kit designers because it’s cheaper......

It is actually because they are designed with scaling in mind, it is meant to look hi fidelity on your phone as well as a big screen tele

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mpache said:

Some rebrand opinions.

Manchester City - They rebranded in 2016 and went back to their old badge but made it much cleaner and modern looking. I'd say they were ahead of their time even if they were just going back to their roots.

Not really ahead of their time at all tbh, Chelski started that and City did the same thing. As for ‘the bad ones’, the Everton (Lukaku era) & West Ham are the clear misses for me, that forced squeezed in ‘London’ is abysmal on the latter. Man-Utd hands down the best for originality, every other club (even us) just a bunch of circles.

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

So are they actively looking to sell? Surely Inter aren’t going to just go down the shitter and be closed down?! 

They've been trying to sell a majority stake to equity funds for several months now with a British one, BC Partners, still actively negotiating with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Suning's team in China, the current champions Jiangsu FC, have been dissolved.

Wow. Winning the league not enough to keep a club afloat. Are Inter worried/could be sold as a result? 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Wow. Winning the league not enough to keep a club afloat. Are Inter worried/could be sold as a result? 

Seems like they are just looking for investors at the moment. Seems to be much bigger than football at the moment with the Suning group undergoing major 'restructuring'. In the grand scheme of things, their football clubs are fairly 'minor' assets compared with their retail business.

Inter have still attracted interest from various investors, so probably wouldn't be overly concerned at the moment. I would expect any sort of Leeds United-esqe firesale at the club, especially as the club seems to have been performing well under Conte.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

not  so much that, but they want to get rid off any asset that isnt relevant to their retail.

• Administrator

That's a shame :( 

As iconic as Roma having Kappa (not a sponsor, I know) but I can't think of any other side that has had the same sponsor for decades as much as Inter and Pirelli. 

The Suning Group wants to sell Inter for a rumored price of 900 million euros. 

There's a chance that the payment of Inter's players salaries could be delayed. 

This is huge. It could affect the destiny of Serie A this season. 

On 03/03/2021 at 05:09, ScoRoss said:

Pirelli will no longer be Inter's shirt sponsor, from next season.

Probably the most iconic sponsor of a team, I've never seen Inter not have them on their shirts.

it's because of pirelli have been a minor owner of the club for years, though I'm surprised they weren't muscled out by suning but maybe the contract was iron tight

32 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The Suning Group wants to sell Inter for a rumored price of 900 million euros. There's a chance that the payment of Inter's players salaries could be delayed. This is huge. It could affect the destiny of Serie A this season. 

Not surprising really, thought this would happen. Suning suspended their other club, Jiangsu with immediate effect as they don't want to be involved with sport anymore, Jinagsu are the current Chinese champions and the club that were after Gareth Bale so it's a bit of a bombshell. 

Thought that this would have a domino effect, but massive that it's happening to a club as big as Inter. If they don't find a buyer soon they could be the biggest club yet to just drop into freefall - with no backing and not paying wages they could literally go from Serie A challengers to fighting for survival.

Sad about Pirelli too - iconic.

On 03/03/2021 at 11:16, Stan said:

That's a shame :( 

As iconic as Roma having Kappa (not a sponsor, I know) but I can't think of any other side that has had the same sponsor for decades as much as Inter and Pirelli. 

Liverpool and Carlsberg? Seems to be my entire childhood that they had it on.

Bayern seem to have had T-Mobile for ever as well. And seem to have the 'T' in the crowd whenever I've seen them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived