talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Milan Thread

football forum

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Please inform me why you think Inter are a 'joke' of a club. A club founded in the idea of acceptance of all, and not on pure nationalism. Hell - 50 years ago AC Milan would have wanted nothing to do with you because you aren't Italian... Haha but sure, Inter are the jokes. Keep up the good work.

And yes, the owners are Chinese. I don't like it myself, but it's not the most surprising thing.

A white collar, elitist, rich club lecturing the tramvi about the principles of acceptance.

Ironical.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AMG said:

A white collar, elitist, rich club lecturing the tramvi about the principles of acceptance.

Ironical.

Sounds like someone needs a real history lesson on Italian football.

AC's owner was one of the worst leaders in Italian history. Leader of the country abd who's politics highly favored the elite, yet you want to pretend Inter are the elitest ones? Haha

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Sounds like someone needs a real history lesson on Italian football.

AC's owner was one of the worst leaders in Italian history. Leader of the country abd who's politics highly favored the elite, yet you want to pretend Inter are the elitest ones? Haha

And AS Roma was created by Mussolini. So whats the point that you are trying to make?

Oh, and here's your history lesson.

17 minutes ago, AMG said:

And AS Roma was created by Mussolini. So whats the point that you are trying to make?

Oh, and here's your history lesson.

My point is that saying Inter are an elitest club, while pretending AC Milan isn't, makes you look uneducated, or very biased. 

Yes, Roma have their history, and Inters history is loaded with issues, but AC Milan are one of the most stuck up clubs in recent history that I can think of. 

Fans jeer Inter Milan after home defeat to Bologna

MILAN — Inter Milan players left the field to deafening jeers from their own fans after the latest setback on Sunday.

Inter lost 1-0 at home to relegation-threatened Bologna in Serie A to pile more pressure on coach Luciano Spalletti, amid speculation the club is preparing to replace him with Antonio Conte.

Spalletti insisted "the players are still behind me" and said "votes of confidence are useful for people whose jobs are in the balance, nothing changes in my daily life.

"But the jeers are right, when someone pays for a ticket it’s right to believe they deserve something different, especially if the team is called Inter."

Federico Santander headed in a corner at the near post in the 33rd minute and that was enough to give Bologna the win in Sinisa Mihajlovic’s first match in charge after replacing the fired Filippo Inzaghi on Monday.

Inter didn’t even have a shot on target in the first half and was jeered off the pitch at the break as well as throughout the second half and at the final whistle. It also had goalkeeper Samir Handanovic to thank for keeping the score down.

Inter is now without a win in four matches and has lost its last three, including the Italian Cup quarterfinal to Lazio on penalties.

The Nerazzurri remained third but have seen their advantage over fourth-placed AC Milan reduced to four points.

Bologna moved to within a point of safety after only its third win this season.

PIATEK SCORES AGAIN

Krzysztof Piatek cannot stop scoring for AC Milan.

Milan drew 1-1 at Roma in a direct fight for the final Champions League spot with the 23-year-old Piatek on target again for his new side.

Nicolo Zaniolo scored Roma’s equalizer and Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma made a number of key saves.

Milan remained fourth with Roma a point behind.

Piatek, who joined Milan from Genoa in January for a reported 35 million euros ($40 million), scored both goals in Milan’s Italian Cup victory over Napoli midweek.

And the Poland forward was on target again in the 26th minute in Rome as he combined with fellow new signing Lucas Paqueta, who stole the ball off Lorenzo Pellegrini before crossing for Piatek.

Piatek netted 13 league goals for Genoa in the first half of the season.

Roma levelled immediately after halftime. Donnarumma performed yet another brilliant save to prevent teammate Mateo Musacchio from scoring an own-goal on Rick Karsdorp’s cross but Zaniolo fired in the rebound.

Pellegrini almost made up for his earlier error nine minutes from time but his header came off the far post.

OTHER MATCHES

Freescoring Fiorentina was halted by a 1-1 draw at struggling Udinese.

Fiorentina has scored 13 goals in its last three matches, including a 7-1 win over Roma in the Italian Cup midweek, but the draw left it ninth — three places behind the final Europa League qualifying position.

Torino had defender Nicolas N’Koulou sent off in a 0-0 draw at Spal and remained level on points with Fiorentina.

Sassuolo was a point further back after a 1-1 draw at Genoa.

The Spaletti era looks to be coming to a close here soon. Hiring him was always a weird choice as we could have gone after Jardim and or Simone. Instead we settled for a coach that never wins but consistently finishes second.

Scenes are also bad in the San Siro as the fans are still vocially upset about being banned for 2 matches for their racists chants. This is a common issue in Italy which I'll never understand as it's 2019 and people need to grow up and move on. There has been a lot of discord over the past 2-3 years over Icardi and the fans, the fans and the club, and it's all leading to this giant explosion that will likely come soon unless the fans and club get together and work on their relationship. 

The Dreaded Vote of Confidence - 

Marotta: 'Spalletti not at Inter risk'

Inter director Beppe Marotta denies Luciano Spalletti’s job will depend on the result against Parma, but Radja Nainggolan “can and must do more.”

The Nerazzurri are sliding down the standings after one point and zero goals in their last three Serie A games, while they also crashed out of the Coppa Italia on penalties to Lazio.

There were reports of a crisis summit in the locker room following Sunday’s shock 1-0 home defeat to Bologna.

“Naturally there was a discussion after the game, which is normal after every match, whether we win or lose. It’s nothing to report,” insisted Marotta to Sky Sport Italia.

“It is absolutely not true that the Parma game is decisive for Spalletti. If on the one hand, we recognise that this is a difficult moment for Inter, on the other I say that Spalletti’s position is solid. We are in a transitional period of the season, as there are 16 rounds to go and we are in third place.

“It’s true, our form has been going down lately, but we can count on a strong club, a competitive squad and a Coach who is very capable. We’ll emerge from it stronger.”

The team was jeered at the final whistle of the loss to Bologna.

“Jeers are a show of love when things are not going well. We have to understand the mentality of those who come to the stadium and pay good money to do so.

“This is a difficult moment, there are a few problems and we can improve, but that can only happen if we let the tactics settle and above all find a winning mentality. Don’t forget, many of these players are young and have real room for improvement.

“It’s not as if we are aspiring to win the Scudetto this season, but we do have to qualify for the Champions League and in that senese should believe more in our qualities. Fortunately, Spalletti knows how to handle these situations.”

Marotta also stood up for captain Mauro Icardi, who was criticised in some circles for his misses against Bologna.

“Icardi is a good lad and always gives his all. He too is young and can improve, so it doesn’t seem right to put the blame on him. When there are these crisis situations, everyone is to blame, if indeed you can talk about blame.

“I want to maintain an optimistic vision and believe we can go into these final weeks of the season in the best possible way. We do have to become more consistent.”

Nainggolan has been the biggest flop at Inter, especially as they sol Nicolò Zaniolo to Roma as part of the deal and the teenager is flourishing.

“Nainggolan had some difficulties settling in, accompanied by performances that are not in keeping with what he has shown in recent years,” noted Marotta.

“He can and must do more, but the player is the first to be aware of that situation. He is working with Spalletti behind the scenes, I am sure his professionalism will come to the fore and Radja will put in strong performances.”

• 2 months later...

APPIANO GENTILE - Andrea Ranocchia has revealed his delight after recently signing a contract renewal with the Nerazzurri: “In two years time, I would’ve spent 11 years with the Nerazzurri,” said Ranocchia to Inter TV. “It’s been a long time spent here and I’m really pleased because it’s family to me.

“The talks were fairly simple and it didn’t take long at all. I’m pleased that my attachment to this club has been recognised, as well as my professionalism in training every day and during matches. I’m happy and I hope that we enjoy great success over the next two years, achieving things that this team has been missing out on for too long.

“As a defender, I went through some difficult years. We’re now doing much better and some top players have arrived - it’s all coming together. Obviously, the road is long as we’re still far from top spot, but this is something that we must achieve – hopefully in the shortest time possible. It’s only right that a club like Inter gets back to fighting for titles. When playing up top, I’ve always tried to give my all when called upon. Obviously, it’s not my natural position but I’ve given everything when in that situation. Sometimes it’s gone well and other times it hasn’t.

“We must look to qualify for the Champions League as soon as possible, starting in Udine. We still have the last four matches left to play and we need to qualify as soon as possible so that we can start planning for next year.”

• 2 weeks later...
Official: Skriniar signs new Inter deal

Milan Skriniar has officially signed a new contract with Inter, tying him to the club until 2023.

Skriniar had been linked with the likes of Manchester City and Barcelona, but a renewal has equally been in the works for several months.

“Together. Because together we are stronger,” read a Press release.

“Milan Skriniar and Inter have the same aims. And this is why FC Internazionale Milano has extended the Slovakian defender’s contract until 30 June 2023.

“Skriniar arrived at the Nerazzurri in the summer of 2017, he put on our shirt and has never taken it off since.

“His first season was fantastic: he played every minute of all 38 games in the league (scoring four) and earned himself a top 11 place in the Opta ranking.

“A magnificent presence in the centre of our defence. This season, Skriniar, who was born in 1995, has made 44 appearances.

“He's the defender with the highest average number of passes per game this Serie A season – 65. His pass completion rate is an impressive 92.3%

“Furthermore, he’s won 221 duels and is the third best defender when it comes to successful tackles in Italy’s top division.

“When Skriniar has been at the back for the entire match, the Nerazzurri haven’t conceded a total of 15 times during the current campaign.

“These are stats which best describe just how important Skriniar is to our team. He’s also popular with our fans: they displayed their affection for him right from the get-go.

“Let’s go forward together, ready for the battles coming up!”

The Slovak arrived from Sampdoria in a 28m deal two years ago and has grown into one of Europe’s most highly-rated stoppers.

The 24-year-old has gone on to play 84 times for Inter, with 40 of those appearances coming this season.

UEFA: Inter exit settlement agreement

Inter have officially been released from the FFP Settlement Agreement with UEFA, signed in May 2015, after meeting all their targets.

This means the Nerazzurri can have a full squad at their disposal if they qualify for the Champions League next season, while they will have more leeway for spending this summer.

“The CFCB investigatory chamber confirmed that FC Astana, Beşiktaş JK and FC Internazionale Milano have been considered in compliance with the overall objective of their agreements, signed in May 2016 for FC Astana, and in May 2015 respectively for the latter two. Consequently, they have now all exited the settlement regime,” read a statement.

“The CFCB investigatory chamber decided to refer the case of Trabzonspor AŞ to the CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber as the club breached its settlement agreement signed in May 2016. Indeed, the club failed to comply with the break-even requirement during the monitoring period assessed in the season 2018/19.”

Absolute crazy couple of weeks coming for Inter. 

2 games a week for the next month. 

Week 1: Milan (SE) and Napoli (CI)
Week 2: Lazio (SE) and Ludogorets (EL)
Week 3: Sampdoria (SE) and Ludogorets (EL)
Week 4: Juventus (SE) and Napoli (CI)

Report: Ausilio until 2022

Inter have reportedly come to an agreement with sporting director Piero Ausilio and are set to extend his contract until June 2022.

The setback against Lazio last weekend means that Inter have fallen behind in the title race and are now three points off the top in Serie A.

But the President Steven Zhang has issued his faith in the current group and should be ready to enter negotiations with his trusted men at the Giuseppe Meazza.

La Repubblica reports that Ausilio, who has been working for Inter since 1998 and was appointed sporting director in 2014, has already agreed to renew his contract with the club.

He will now be tied to the club until the summer of 2022 as Inter continue to work with the brain behind signings like Marcelo Brozovic, Stefan de Vrij, Milan Skriniar and Lautaro Martinez.

:congrats:

On 10/02/2020 at 15:45, Eco said:

Absolute crazy couple of weeks coming for Inter. 

2 games a week for the next month. 

Week 1: Milan (SE) and Napoli (CI)
Week 2: Lazio (SE) and Ludogorets (EL)
Week 3: Sampdoria (SE) and Ludogorets (EL)
Week 4: Juventus (SE) and Napoli (CI)

How do you think they will do against Ludogorets in Bulgaria? 

Inter-Ludogorets to be behind closed doors

It is now all but certain that the Europa League game between Inter and Ludogorets will be played behind closed doors on Thursday due to the Coronavirus scare.

The highly-contagious illness is spreading rapidly throughout northern Italy, with three deaths reported and over 200 cases diagnosed.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte confirmed he could shut down all this weekend’s Serie A games – a decision is set to be made today – and several regions including Lombardy, Piedmont, Veneto, Liguria, Friuli and Emilia-Romagna ordered suspension of all large public events including sports until midnight on March 1.

While there are discussions over the potential rescheduling of some fixtures, that is simply not possible with the Europa League, as there is no time to rearrange.

The only realistic option is to play behind closed doors at San Siro on Thursday evening and that is what the Mayor of Milan is expected to announce later today.

Ludogorets released a statement demanding clarification on the situation, particularly for the 600 fans who had already purchased tickets and arranged travel.

Inter won the first leg of this Round of 32 tie, 2-0 in Bulgaria.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2020 at 20:18, toronto_soccer said:

The Italian diaspora is large.

I've always found it a bit weird for the people who've been living in the countries that wouldn't be "home" for that diaspora for generations and generations. I think that's more being of Italian descent than being... Italian; my roommate at Uni's originally from Milan, so I know one Italian who agrees with that.

America's got a ton of "Irish" and "Italian" people that call themselves "Italian" and "Irish" because of where their great grandparents (or even beyond that) were from Italy or Ireland. I think most people in the world after having their family born in a country for generation after generation would likely identify primarily with the country they're born in and lived in their whole lives. It's a weirdly American phenomenon.

I mean no offense, because I know in my life I've said things like "you're not fucking Irish, I guarantee I'm more Irish than you" to people like this and they've taken great offense to it. I'd say it's more an observation... although it always does tickle me a bit when I see those claims made.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with being proud of your heritage or where your ancestors came from. And I've been told it's probably a product of living in a country that's famous for being a melting pot of cultures and wanting to retain a traditional sense of culture and identity.

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've always found it a bit weird for the people who've been living in the countries that wouldn't be "home" for that diaspora for generations and generations. I think that's more being of Italian descent than being... Italian; my roommate at Uni's originally from Milan, so I know one Italian who agrees with that.

America's got a ton of "Irish" and "Italian" people that call themselves "Italian" and "Irish" because of where their great grandparents (or even beyond that) were from Italy or Ireland. I think most people in the world after having their family born in a country for generation after generation would likely identify primarily with the country they're born in and lived in their whole lives. It's a weirdly American phenomenon.

I mean no offense, because I know in my life I've said things like "you're not fucking Irish, I guarantee I'm more Irish than you" to people like this and they've taken great offense to it. I'd say it's more an observation... although it always does tickle me a bit when I see those claims made.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with being proud of your heritage or where your ancestors came from. And I've been told it's probably a product of living in a country that's famous for being a melting pot of cultures and wanting to retain a traditional sense of culture and identity.

There’s no real historic heritage to America though outside of native Americans, so it’s understandable that that immigrant culture of being Irish or Italian lasts. It’s really not Irish or Italian, just a culture that’s born out of it because there is no real American heritage to latch onto.

Id consider myself half Irish through heritage and that’s because I knew and was brought up by and around my Irish grandparents, great grandparents, aunties and uncles. It’s ingrained from birth, defines my culture as being a mix of English and Irish. However if I have kids they won’t have access to any of that because the people that have raised me as Irish because they’re Irish born and bred will have died, they won’t have the connection to that that I did and so they will only know people like me who are Irish through heritage so they’ll then develop their own sense of Irish culture from that that will be detached from what mine is and what my families was because they will only really know English sounding people. If we were American they’d develop an Irish identity through necessity as there isn’t much of a national identity there, but in England they’d most likely feel mostly English with a slightly Irish background.

Identity is mad

Archived