Anno 1800

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Do enjoy these types of games... Due out around Feb 2019

@nudge You might like this... did enjoy her easy on the ear review of it... 

Love the Anno series; played every game until 2070 and 1404 is one of the greatest city building games ever, in my opinion... Didn't even know that the new one is coming out, will have to check it out! Cheers for sharing.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Love the Anno series; played every game until 2070 and 1404 is one of the greatest city building games ever, in my opinion... Didn't even know that the new one is coming out, will have to check it out! Cheers for sharing.

I used to have the early one many, many moons ago that I enjoyed a lot and it's come a long way since then.. I used to have another one called Knights & Merchants where you watched the locals gathering wood, stone etc and breeding pigs, horses from scratch and they would grow until they could be useful, In that they actually walked the building materials/food to each site and it was slowly constructed until complete and they would sow the fields then come out and gather the crops etc.. 

I like the ones where you see the buildings taking shape/ workers building etc... 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I used to have the early one many, many moons ago that I enjoyed a lot and it's come a long way since then.. I used to have another one called Knights & Merchants where you watched the locals gathering wood, stone etc and breeding pigs, horses from scratch and they would grow until they could be useful, In that they actually walked the building materials/food to each site and it was slowly constructed until complete and they would sow the fields then come out and gather the crops etc.. 

I like the ones where you see the buildings taking shape/ workers building etc... 

Have you ever played Emperor: The Rise of the Middle Kingdom? It's one of the old Sierra city building games and my all-time favourite; I still play it every once in a while... It's essentially the good old usual city planning and building + resource gathering + trade + some limited combat, but I think you'd also enjoy a lot it as you can see things happening just like you said; workers doing their work, buildings taking shape and upgrading when they get access to better food and resources (or declining when they lose it). Even when you build farms, each crop has its own growing and harvesting season and you can actually see it grow... the hunters are going out to hunt game, then bring it to the hunter's lodge where it's butchered and meat is produced... same with resources such as bronze where you see the workers going to get the copper ore in the mountains and then bringing it to the smelter where bronze is produced and then brought to the bronzeware maker or weaponsmith... and so on and so on. Building huge monuments is particularly satisfying to watch. Love that game.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have you ever played Emperor: The Rise of the Middle Kingdom? It's one of the old Sierra city building games and my all-time favourite; I still play it every once in a while... It's essentially the good old usual city planning and building + resource gathering + trade + some limited combat, but I think you'd also enjoy a lot it as you can see things happening just like you said; workers doing their work, buildings taking shape and upgrading when they get access to better food and resources (or declining when they lose it). Even when you build farms, each crop has its own growing and harvesting season and you can actually see it grow... the hunters are going out to hunt game, then bring it to the hunter's lodge where it's butchered and meat is produced... same with resources such as bronze where you see the workers going to get the copper ore in the mountains and then bringing it to the smelter where bronze is produced and then brought to the bronzeware maker or weaponsmith... and so on and so on. Building huge monuments is particularly satisfying to watch. Love that game.

Sounds great.. not played it but will see if I can hunt it down

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I do hope it's not going to be one of them games that drags on all year eventually becoming  christmas release... 

Yes but better to have it finished and polished than a buggy disaster... 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Anyone played this yet?...

No but been keeping an eye on the play-throughs and it looks really good.. Raptor has a YouTube series of it and although they are up to an hour long he covers it fairly in depth.. 

I will be getting this for sure... 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

No but been keeping an eye on the play-throughs and it looks really good.. Raptor has a YouTube series of it and although they are up to an hour long he covers it fairly in depth.. 

I will be getting this for sure... 

I'm asking as I was considering getting it today but then saw the price of it... 60€ O.o Not the amount I'd spend on a game unless I knew it's absolutely perfect...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I'm asking as I was considering getting it today but then saw the price of it... 60€ O.o Not the amount I'd spend on a game unless I knew it's absolutely perfect...

Really, that's a lot.. I have found it on Epic Games Store for £49.00  Thought I might have been able to get it through Steam which is normally reasonably priced but believe that UbiSoft pulled out of there for a deal with Epic instead... with everything online these days just buying the disk and loading it yourself is long dead which forces you to dig deep if you want something... not a great way to build potential sales in my opinion.. 

Well worth you going through his videos then there are quite a few so you can be sure.. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Really, that's a lot.. I have found it on Epic Games Store for £49.00  Thought I might have been able to get it through Steam which is normally reasonably priced but believe that UbiSoft pulled out of there for a deal with Epic instead... with everything online these days just buying the disk and loading it yourself is long dead which forces you to dig deep if you want something... not a great way to build potential sales in my opinion.. 

Well worth you going through his videos then there are quite a few so you can be sure.. 

I usually get my games from GOG.com as they are DRM free and the pricing is very reasonable... But yeah, I also noticed that Anno 1800 is only available on Epic :( 

I'll check a few videos and will wait until you get it first xD 

Archived