talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford 1-2 Chelsea - Wednesday 26th December, 2018

football forum

Let's be honest we needed them 3 points... just the kind of game where we could have been held to a draw

Only 4 points behind the mighty Man City now...  What a mare they are having in recent games.. I think we shook them up with the beating we gave them and they are still recovering.. B|

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better 2nd half reaction. Impressed by that. 

However, at this current time, the determinant in how we do each game is inevitably down to whether or not Hazard is up for it.

Involved in 21 goals in 22 games. All on his own atm and this is now the 5th season running where we do not have anyone who can match his influence in the attack. Best player in the league. 

Massive 3 points. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Better 2nd half reaction. Impressed by that. 

However, at this current time, the determinant in how we do each game is inevitably down to whether or not Hazard is up for it.

Involved in 21 goals in 22 games. All on his own atm and this is now the 5th season running where we do not have anyone who can match his influence in the attack. Best player in the league. 

Massive 3 points. 

Best player in the league :rofl:

Most half arsed player in the league more like. 

Swap ya for Salah? Nah, no thanks mate. Wouldn't even swap him for Mane or Firmino. 

Hazard is a very talented player with a shit attitude that constantly moans about Real Madrid not really wanting him. 

He's all yours pal. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Best player in the league :rofl:

Most half arsed player in the league more like. 

Swap ya for Salah? Nah, no thanks mate. Wouldn't even swap him for Mane or Firmino. 

Hazard is a very talented player with a shit attitude that constantly moans about Real Madrid not really wanting him. 

He's all yours pal. 

Cheers :rofl:

290B213E00000578-3097882-image-a-4_14326

eden-hazard_13vp8pgq8xea21dmyaxqhc67ey.p

chelsea.jpg

181105115735-01-mo-salah-statue-exlarge-

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I love Madrid, I want Madrid... 

Free Hazard :rofl:

Didn't Coutinho say pretty much the same thing about Barcelona before they moved in for him saying he was interested in a move and was unsure what the future held for him at Liverpool?? 

Sounds like the same thing Hazard has been saying about Madrid.... He is not saying he wants to leave only that moving on is an option and if Madrid made a play for him then he would probably go... All sounds the same to me.. 

OK performance, with of course the three points being the main thing.

I don't like seeing Hazard play up top but once again he's put in a right old shift there and won us the game. Repeating myself but you always find yourself looking around to see if anyone around him can offer anything effective in attack and there's nothing, from the full backs, to the midfielders, to the other more attacking players, nothing there. I'm hoping Hazard's not played there for the long term but at the same time, if any other player found themselves with the chances he did today, would they have scored? The probability is a lot lower. Perhaps that's heavy in Sarri's mind and plays a big part in his decision to start Hazard there. Pedro is the next best finisher, could he be used as an option there? I would like to see it at least tested. 

Meanwhile, we always seem to have a lot of control in the majority of matches we play. What we're lacking is more attacking quality in the final third, be that with finishing but also overall attacking play. To take this team to the next level Sarri needs better quality to work with. 

3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Yes, Luiz was very good last night. On the other hand, Rudiger's performances have been poor of late. 

In the past two he has been shaky, but overall him and Luiz is the best we have at CB. With Cahill out the door, and Christensen being shocking in every chance he gets we should be looking for a long term replacement.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived