Northampton vs Swindon
Notts County vs Macclesfield
Port Vale vs Grimsby
Tranmere vs Morecambe

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big game for us today.

Lot's of euphoria from the Villa game where we turned a defeat into victory but when that happens, generally you are vulnerable to suffering a hangover.

Winnable home game, on paper you would fancy it, full house in, just off the back of a big away win at Villa. But I know what this league is like. And I know Leeds.

We will have put a lot of effort into Sunday and I fear given we don't really have the luxury to rotate, players could feel a bit flat today.

Blackburn will be tough to beat. They will set up to frustrate and counter us. They did us twice from set plays at their place, getting the ball in the box for the big men, and they could be a threat from that again.

We need to just dig deep today. Patience could be key. Gonna be some heavy legs. One day less rest, we need to feed off the crowd hopefully, be clinical with our chances and mentally focussed. It'll be frustrating to have won at Villa and not back it up at home. 

• Administrator
On 24/12/2018 at 11:56, AMG said:

Norwich Forest is going to be spicy 

Fair play. You called that! 

Two stoppage time goals after being 3-0 down by the 74th minute. 

Great end to the Leeds Blackburn game though! Another late victory for Leeds! 

That's it. The last two games have absolutely battered me. Not quite sure how much my heart can take with us.

We've 22 more games to go through and right now, the end seems miles and miles away. But...something special is building.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I knew today would be one of those games we'd make a meal out of. There is no doubt we played miles better at Villa. I think for sure, we were incredibly tired after Sunday. We had one day's less rest than Blackburn and play with far more energy and intensity that it does take it out of us.

We controlled the first half and deservedly led, albeit through an OG. Blackburn just weren't in it. Second half, we shot ourselves in the foot giving away a daft penalty which was a stonewaller.

After that, we heaped on the pressure on, created a few chances but I wouldn't say too many were clear cut. Then they scored a free kick which can only be described as a massive error from our keeper, palming a soft shot into the net. Frustrating really.

Losing the game would have been criminal given they had hardly had the ball and created much at all but at the same time, sometimes you need to hold your hands up and say today wasn't quite good enough.

But to go up the other end, bang in two goals in injury time and turn a defeat into victory is something else. That is pure guts and an example of the team spirit. We just keep going. I've no doubt our Kop end sucked those balls into the net such was the noise from that end.

I've seen some special atmosphere's at Elland Road but nothing like the absolute euphoric disbelief at that ending. Especially on the back of nicking the Villa game so late. Those kind of things just don't happen for us usually. But this season is different.

Massive three points really given a lot of our rival's picked up points. I just don't know how Bielsa keeps getting so much from this team. We are so stretched squad wise and I'm sure come the Hull game Saturday, we will again have some very tired bodies but we just have to keep going. If we don't do it this season, I doubt we'll ever do it.

15 hours ago, Danny said:

I will take a draw away from home to a decent Bristol side

How much do tickets cost? Apparently it is £33 to watch city against Rotherham which seems a lot for a championships club

• The topic was unpinned

After a run like that it's good to get 4 points in two games. Had chances to win more than 1-0 at Bolton but we're low on confidence so I'll take the win. Probably had the chances to beat Bristol City but still I'll take a draw. Neal Maupay has absolutely saved us this season, he's absolute class. The quality of his last two goals, brilliant.

21 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

How much do tickets cost? Apparently it is £33 to watch city against Rotherham which seems a lot for a championships club

Worth considering that Championship clubs don't get the TV money of the PL clubs, leading to a skew in prices. You'll probably find that it's cheaper to watch most Premiership clubs than those in the division below, especially after the whole 'Twenty's plenty' movement in the top flight.

Not defending it btw, prices down here are ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Worth considering that Championship clubs don't get the TV money of the PL clubs, leading to a skew in prices. You'll probably find that it's cheaper to watch most Premiership clubs than those in the division below, especially after the whole 'Twenty's plenty' movement in the top flight.

Not defending it btw, prices down here are ridiculous.

Somebody pointed that out to me on another website. Its fair I guess

Archived