talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Wednesday 26th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ki has gone on international duty now. It might be Diame and Hayden in the middle :4_joy:

Every week we are just a patchwork team that can't afford our decent players being out of form.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bizarre line up from us given Rafa's hatred of Christmas.

• Subscriber

Feel harsh saying this after a performance like yesterday but I'll be surprised if this isn't an away win.

I do think the way he set up yesterday, and in the cup game actually does have potential to work for us in these games though - obviously we lost in the cup but it was largely to do with the individuals, not the set up.

Unchanged for me...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Mendy

Choudhury - Ndidi

Albrighton - Vardy - Maddison

• Subscriber

Burnley are absolutely shite and one of the most limited sides in the league. It remains an absolute miracle that they finished 7th last season, and I'm glad that Dyche has had his limitations exposed again after the talk last season of him getting a step up to an Everton or a Leicester.

In conclusion, they'll probably only beat us 3-1.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Burnley are absolutely shite and one of the most limited sides in the league. It remains an absolute miracle that they finished 7th last season, and I'm glad that Dyche has had his limitations exposed again after the talk last season of him getting a step up to an Everton or a Leicester.

In conclusion, they'll probably only beat us 3-1.

Important run of 'winnable' games for Everton now. I do sense there are bits of promise from Silva but recent form has no dived. You can forgive the losses to spurs and Liverpool, but not picking up wins against Watford and Newcastle is a bit concerning. If you go win 3 on the bounce its happy days again but struggle and you're facing an uphill battle to finish best of the rest. 

• Subscriber

This is going to be a different game against Huddersfield at OT than Cardiff away, but as long as the players do not do a Jose syndrome of having a good win away and landing flat on their faces at OT and get thumped, winning 2-0 would be nice and young Rashford playing and scoring again.   

• Administrator

I'd love to follow up a great win away at Chelsea by beating the current champions but I'm not holding out much hope. Man City are a class apart from Chelsea as it is, and the strength in depth is remarkable. I'd expect Mahrez, De Bruyne, Aguero to start. Just hope they're not that up to scratch but that might be wishing for too much. Not to mention Sane, Sterling, Gundogan etc etc...

If we play with the same quality as we did in the 2nd half at the weekend, we may a have a chance, but it's going to be so difficult to repeat that performance.

Leicester, I've got city on my accumulator but I wouldn't mind another coupon buster this week from you lot. Thanks.

As for us. We really should be beating these lot. Our defence should be able to handle their feeble attack and of fancy our front three against any defence. 

3-0 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I'd love to follow up a great win away at Chelsea by beating the current champions but I'm not holding out much hope. Man City are a class apart from Chelsea as it is, and the strength in depth is remarkable. I'd expect Mahrez, De Bruyne, Aguero to start. Just hope they're not that up to scratch but that might be wishing for too much. Not to mention Sane, Sterling, Gundogan etc etc...

If we play with the same quality as we did in the 2nd half at the weekend, we may a have a chance, but it's going to be so difficult to repeat that performance.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah I'm not too hopeful. We're always utter shite on boxing day as well. We've lost every boxing day game since we've come up.

Something I noted about when you lot played us was the fact that when you went 1-0 up you were very good technically and at keeping the ball. Actually really helped you to see out the game. I know that change to a more possession-based style has come over the last few years but this foundation I feel will help you in the future. I don't think Puel is the man to take you lot forward anymore but the next appointment (make sure it's the right one) will have a good foundation to work on and develop.

Let's say for example the game last weekend was a couple of seasons back. Back then, in this game, I think maybe you would have been a lot more prone to caving in under the pressure, you always seemed to fail to get enough respite in games like this and maybe as well lacked some game management. I'm not saying it's a lot better now for you lot and I know you two will be able to point out where Puel or your side, in general, has gone wrong in these games before. All I'm saying there's something very good to work with there now and a new manager could help better and take the team tactically onto another level.

After you went 1-0 up in that second half, I actually turned to my brother and said we're going to struggle to get the ball back for a while. A lot of players comfortable on the ball, whereas in previous seasons it was perhaps the opposite of this. It's a good tool to have to work on for the future. And also with Puel in the first half, I thought you looked awful, perhaps sums up his time as manager.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived