Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Your views on vaping?

Just interested to peoples opinions on it.?

What mg of nicotine did you use? Also the settings, and type of mod, might be a factor. 

Just the same as smoking in my opinion, just swapping one habit for another and they claim it's better for you but I don't believe that sucking down an oil based product could be any better long term for your lungs than nicotine is.. The long term effects will not come to light until years later just like smoking normal fags.. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just the same as smoking in my opinion, just swapping one habit for another and they claim it's better for you but I don't believe that sucking down an oil based product could be any better long term for your lungs than nicotine is.. The long term effects will not come to light until years later just like smoking normal fags.. 

Nicotine isn't the problem.  People consume addictive substances everyday from sugar all the way to nicotine itself.  It's just a stimulant even though a very highly addictive one.

The main problem with cigarettes is the carbon monoxide which causes cancer amongst dozens of other diseases.

Haven't the NHS deemed it 80% safer?

Do it in private, walking anywhere near a Vaper is like walking through the Undertakers smoke machine 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Do it in private, walking anywhere near a Vaper is like walking through the Undertakers smoke machine 

Aye, and it fucking stinks too, you see some people walking along with smoke trailing behind them and they look like an old-fashioned steam train rolling along on tracks.

• Haha 1

I don't know the intricacies of the safety of it all but I can tolerate vaping more than actual cigarette smoke. I don't do either myself but I don't mind being around people who vape (yes it's a lot of smoke but it disappears after a few seconds). The smells don't seem to linger anywhere near as much as cigarette smoke. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

It's not toxic (for the non-smokers) so you shouldn't worry about it.

As for me, i tried with two different devices and i didn't like none of them, it doesn't feel like smoking at all, you don't get no throat hit at all, and i've tried both 6mg and 12mg i think, none of them feel like a proper cigarette.

I want to try the IQOS but the heets are stupidly overpriced here, each box costs more than 4x a normal 20 cigs pack.

Dabbled with it a long time ago and as @Berserker said its probably not going to give you that hit from a cigarette that you want. It does, however, deceptively makes you take in far more nicotine than normal (depending on how you set it up). The flavours are also all weird and remind me of something they do in the middle east where they pass the fumes through water and back out for inhalation. 

I think the only way it gets more popular is through price reduction so that it kills the cigarette business but that industry is so so powerful and has the kind of reach that puts mafia lords to shame.

What was the real goal of vaping ? helping smoker's quit or stopping people from picking up smoking. 

It doesn't do either.

• Upvote 1

At least vaping stops people flinging or flicking cigarette buts all over the place but I have never tried them, as I mentioned in the Do you Smoke thread I stopped smoking over a year ago due to a collapsed lung and have not touched a cigarette since and the smell of tobacco nowadays makes me cough.  

Can't imagine ever being seen vaping. Seems to say "I'm far too post-modern hipster to smoke"

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Azeem said:

What was the real goal of vaping ? helping smoker's quit or stopping people from picking up smoking. 

It doesn't do either.

And it also makes one look like a tit. 

• Upvote 1

Either smoke or don't smoke at all. But don't be a pussy and vape your weird ass blueberry cheesecake or whatever shit. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I've actually contemplated taking up smoking lately. Just as an occasional thing to have a pack in the car to light up after work as a once a day thing...

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I've actually contemplated taking up smoking lately. Just as an occasional thing to have a pack in the car to light up after work as a once a day thing...

Don't. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

That's my dad, in the 80s

Main motivator would probably be to rebel against some of the current hyper paranoias of society. People these days are curtailing too many things due to conventional wisdom and living in fear of germs and radiation and fumes and every other thing... its the opposite of hardening up of society.... more people should just do what they want to do. 

4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

That's my dad, in the 80s

The golden ages! Back when Liverpool were winning trophies! 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

The golden ages! Back when Liverpool were winning trophies! 

Yeah and he was smoking once a day :coffee:

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Main motivator would probably be to rebel against some of the current hyper paranoias of society. People these days are curtailing too many things due to conventional wisdom and living in fear of germs and radiation and fumes and every other thing... its the opposite of hardening up of society.... more people should just do what they want to do. 

The rebel part sounds a bit weird to me unless you're 16, but if you really want to smoke 'occasionally'  then at least go for pure tobacco products (cigar, pipe tobacco) instead of cigarettes which are just junk leftover tobacco with a shitload of additives rolled in bleached paper.

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Instead of smoking start eating food wrapped in newspaper and go to road side food stalls.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

It's your choice but for the benefit of your own health, there's really no point in smoking. Before you know it, one cig turns in to one pack, a pack turns in to two packs, etc etc. 

Never smoked anything. Just never seen the appeal.

My old man does use the vapes and I don't mind them really. Not sure if they work out cheaper than cigarettes or not or whether they're that much healthier, but there you go.

It works out a lot cheaper than smoking cigarettes even if you smoke cheap brands of tobacco. I stopped smoking cigarettes for two years by using the vaping method and the mod I had definitely gave you the smoking kick in your throat.

Obviously vaping doesn’t feel exactly the same as smoking, but you feel so much healthier and frankly vetter when you switch. I’m planning to return to vaping in the new year. Got myself a wicked mod. 

I smoke but dont vape i dont believe smoking something you have to charge is better for your health, you are basically smoking electricity xD

I recently watched the new Kevin bridges tour were he's talking about vaping, its hilarious.

9 hours ago, Azeem said:

Instead of smoking start eating food wrapped in newspaper and go to road side food stalls.

Haha. 

I'm not saying go eat germs. But worth questioning whether to avoid everything that is alleged to be harmful long term as it ends up leaving you bereft of most things you might enjoy. I think we're a bit over-read now and would do better to be a bit more impulsive and instinctive.