talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your views on vaping?

football forum

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Harry said:

I've actually contemplated taking up smoking lately. Just as an occasional thing to have a pack in the car to light up after work as a once a day thing...

It's your choice but for the benefit of your own health, there's really no point in smoking. Before you know it, one cig turns in to one pack, a pack turns in to two packs, etc etc. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It works out a lot cheaper than smoking cigarettes even if you smoke cheap brands of tobacco. I stopped smoking cigarettes for two years by using the vaping method and the mod I had definitely gave you the smoking kick in your throat.

Obviously vaping doesn’t feel exactly the same as smoking, but you feel so much healthier and frankly vetter when you switch. I’m planning to return to vaping in the new year. Got myself a wicked mod. 

9 hours ago, Azeem said:

Instead of smoking start eating food wrapped in newspaper and go to road side food stalls.

Haha. 

I'm not saying go eat germs. But worth questioning whether to avoid everything that is alleged to be harmful long term as it ends up leaving you bereft of most things you might enjoy. I think we're a bit over-read now and would do better to be a bit more impulsive and instinctive. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

The scientist, Ganmaa Davaasambuu, M.D., Ph.D., a native Mongolian, noted that ingestion of natural estrogens from cows (particularly from pregnant cows) in milk may be linked to breast, prostate, and testicular cancers in humans. 

If milk causes cancer i guess I'm fucked. But I'm not gonna go rearrange my life based on what might happen by the time I'm 70.

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It works out a lot cheaper than smoking cigarettes even if you smoke cheap brands of tobacco. I stopped smoking cigarettes for two years by using the vaping method and the mod I had definitely gave you the smoking kick in your throat.

Obviously vaping doesn’t feel exactly the same as smoking, but you feel so much healthier and frankly vetter when you switch. I’m planning to return to vaping in the new year. Got myself a wicked mod. 

Not for me, as I only pay £10 for a 50 gram of amber leaf and that lasts over a week. I suppose I'm lucky though as my Nan goes to Spain 3 times a year, brings it back and sells me it at the exact same price as she pays for it. But even then, most people are selling it at about 13 quid a pouch these days and it saves money.

Smoking isn't really an expensive habit at all if you're wise about it. Just don't buy from shops in this country.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Harry said:

Haha. 

I'm not saying go eat germs. But worth questioning whether to avoid everything that is alleged to be harmful long term as it ends up leaving you bereft of most things you might enjoy. I think we're a bit over-read now and would do better to be a bit more impulsive and instinctive. 

Have you ever smoked (regularly)? I get your point about too much scaremongering and as for cancer, we're exposed to carcinogens almost everywhere and a lot of it depends on how well one did at the genetic lottery; but cancer risk is not even the worst thing about smoking to be fair. It fucks up your respiratory and cardiovascular system and you're definitely going to notice it in just a few years if you smoke significant amount of tobacco regularly. Now don't get me wrong, I don't smoke cigarettes anymore but I don't have anything against those who do; after all we all choose our poison and I personally still enjoy a nice cigar or cigarillo every once in a while. It's just your reasoning of starting smoking (some sort of a rebellion against society) that really doesn't make any sense to me... 

I haven't smoked a cigarette since i was 15.

I just want to be able to do something that i want to do even if its bad for me.

I'd need to hide it from my wife so I'd never get beyond that 1 little rollee on the way home from work to de-stress. Would not become a pack a day etc.

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

I just want to be able to do something that i want to do even if its bad for me.

I'd need to hide it from my wife so I'd never get beyond that 1 little rollee on the way home from work to de-stress. Would not become a pack a day etc.

Why would you need to hid it from your wife?, what are you a 13 yrs old living with your folks? xD

38 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Why would you need to hid it from your wife?, what are you a 13 yrs old living with your folks? xD

Maybe he has an Italian wife which if this is the case, he should be really scared... Even at Christmas! O.o:eek:

With cigarette prices going up rapidly its probably wise to start using them more often i have had a few of them before but they are very fragile and seem to break on me after a couple of weeks.

Cig prices have gone up a lot in the last couple of years when they stopped selling packets of 10 in the UK. I smoke JPS Players which are £8.60 for a 20 pack.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Harry said:

Oh now I get it.

Get some nice cigarillos and a coffee to go along with it; it's  beautiful.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And make sure to get a small bottle of hand sanitizer and a pack of gum to hide the smell. 

Haha good point. I remember it was easy to hide as a teenager since my parents smoked as well, but I believe anyone who doesn't smoke will just smell it a mile away haha. Orange is very helpful though. 

2 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

With cigarette prices going up rapidly its probably wise to start using them more often i have had a few of them before but they are very fragile and seem to break on me after a couple of weeks.

Cig prices have gone up a lot in the last couple of years when they stopped selling packets of 10 in the UK. I smoke JPS Players which are £8.60 for a 20 pack.

I just checked the price here and can't believe how expensive they are...

$29 for a pack of 20 of the cheapest brand. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah i heard they were really expensive in Australia, That is a crazy amount to pay for one pack. I guess they are determined to stop peoole smoking over there.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Harry said:

Jesus Christ. 1.5-2$ here for the most expensive regular ones (Marlboro and the likes) xD 

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Jesus Christ. 1.5-2$ here for the most expensive regular ones (Marlboro and the likes) xD 

If fags were that cheap, I’d probably have never have started vaping. They’re around $15USD here, I didn’t bring my vape to England last month when I was back home so I had a pack that I tried (unsuccessfully) to last the whole way. And they were more expensive than I remember them being the last time I was home.

Probably for the best though, I was smoking far too much.

Archived